GOP House Has Time To Honor George W. Bush, But Not Troops Who Caught Bin Laden

Bush and the Republicans let Bin Laden go. If he had been caught, America never would have allowed the Iraq fiasco. See how well that worked out for them. Many Republican friends of Bush squeezed fortunes out of the Iraq fiasco and all it cost was a few trillion dollars, a couple of thousand Americans dead, a mere 40,000 Americans maimed, and our standing in the world.

AND

They were able to blame this massive failure on Obama and stick him with the cost of taking care of tens of thousands of Americans maimed for life and the need to rebuild our military.

It's all a matter of perspective and for Republicans, Iraq has been a spectacular success.

Clinton had Bin Laden literally in his gun sights. Literally. Troops had him in their sights - and Clinton wouldn't make the call to take him out. If you want to play partisan politics - Clinton was responsible for 9/11.

Shove your partisan hackery where the sun don't shine, idiot.

If Clinton had taken out Bin Laden before 9/11, Republicans would have framed him for murder.

Just stop. You know that to be true. Stop with the bullshit.

No one can 'knot that to be true'. Ergo, as per usual, the bullshit is from you. It's an inconvenient truth for the left.... Clinton could have made the call to take Bin Laden out - and he chickened out. You wanna play the 'blame' game.... you're gonna lose.

Personally, I don't blame Clinton, or Bush... I blame Bin Laden... but I am a rational, thoughtful human being... and you are a partisan hack.

Clinton had Bin Laden literally in his gun sights. Literally. Troops had him in their sights - and Clinton wouldn't make the call to take him out. If you want to play partisan politics - Clinton was responsible for 9/11.

If Clinton had taken out Bin Laden before 9/11, Republicans would have framed him for murder.

No one can 'knot that to be true'. Ergo, as per usual, the bullshit is from you. It's an inconvenient truth for the left.... Clinton could have made the call to take Bin Laden out - and he chickened out. You wanna play the 'blame' game.... you're gonna lose.

Personally, I don't blame Clinton, or Bush... I blame Bin Laden... but I am a rational, thoughtful human being... and you are a partisan hack.

Human? Are you sure? I think that's debatable.

Dont change dude, I enjoy watching the beatings you take.

Proceed!! :popcorn:

An obvious lie. rderp is not capable of thinking.

Prime example of what happens when Lemmings listen to rags such as ThinkProgress without doing their own research.

:cuckoo:
A prime example of what happens when mindless drones condemn ThinkProgress without even clicking on the link!

From the link in the OP:
Yesterday, however, Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA), announced the house didn’t have time to honor the Navy SEALs who caught Osama Bin Laden:
The House will not hold a vote on a resolution honoring U.S. troops and the intelligence community on the mission that killed Osama bin Laden, the number-two House Republican said Tuesday.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) said that House Republican leaders had been considering a symbolic resolution honoring the Navy SEALS and others involved in the bin Laden raid but that they had decided against one in an effort to keep in line with their new rules prohibiting commemorative measures.
“We considered that last week, and we deal with the rules that we’ve put in place in the House, and we’ve said since we assumed the majority that we want to be substantive and meaningful,” Cantor told reporters at his weekly roundtable.

Last edited:
I can understand naming a courthouse for GHW Bush. But his son? That makes NO sense.

W ignored US law and treaties with his support of torture. His administration fired US attorneys under HIGHLY suspicious circumstances. And he CLEARLY violated the law (He even openly admitted so) when he authorized warrantless wiretaps from 2001 to 2005.

So, what have we learned so far in this thread?

That ThinkProgress is a partisan hack site that prefers bullshit to factually accurate reporting.

That Luddly.twit is a partisan hack who does not think for him(her)self.

That Whiny Crapper is too dumb to research a bill, even when handed a link.
And some people are also too dumb to look up the status of the bill to see if the House PASSED the bill like they passed the bill honoring Bush.

They DIDN'T!!!!!

The bill sits dying in committee waiting for the speaker to consider it important enough to act on!!!

H.RES.248
Latest Title: Honoring the members of the military and intelligence community who carried out the mission that killed Osama bin Laden, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Owens, William L. [NY-23] (introduced 5/4/2011) Cosponsors (None)
Related Bills: H.RES.240, H.RES.241, S.RES.159
Latest Major Action: 5/4/2011 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Armed Services, and in addition to the Committee on Intelligence (Permanent Select), for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

BTW, the Senate version has already passed!!!

S.RES.159
Latest Title: A resolution honoring the members of the military and intelligence community who carried out the mission that killed Osama bin Laden, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Reid, Harry [NV] (introduced 5/3/2011) Cosponsors (99)
Related Bills: H.RES.240, H.RES.241, H.RES.248
Latest Major Action: 5/3/2011 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Resolution agreed to in Senate without amendment and with a preamble by Yea-Nay. 97 - 0. Record Vote Number: 63.

And how many dozen other bills could we say the same thing about?
How many House bills are on Reid's desk?

But, nevermind the fact that isn't what the title of the OP implied, now is it?
:eusa_whistle:

That ThinkProgress is a partisan hack site that prefers bullshit to factually accurate reporting.

And some people are also too dumb to look up the status of the bill to see if the House PASSED the bill like they passed the bill honoring Bush.

They DIDN'T!!!!!

The bill sits dying in committee waiting for the speaker to consider it important enough to act on!!!

H.RES.248
Latest Title: Honoring the members of the military and intelligence community who carried out the mission that killed Osama bin Laden, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Owens, William L. [NY-23] (introduced 5/4/2011) Cosponsors (None)
Related Bills: H.RES.240, H.RES.241, S.RES.159
Latest Major Action: 5/4/2011 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Armed Services, and in addition to the Committee on Intelligence (Permanent Select), for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

BTW, the Senate version has already passed!!!

S.RES.159
Latest Title: A resolution honoring the members of the military and intelligence community who carried out the mission that killed Osama bin Laden, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Reid, Harry [NV] (introduced 5/3/2011) Cosponsors (99)
Related Bills: H.RES.240, H.RES.241, H.RES.248
Latest Major Action: 5/3/2011 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Resolution agreed to in Senate without amendment and with a preamble by Yea-Nay. 97 - 0. Record Vote Number: 63.

And how many dozen other bills could we say the same thing about?
How many House bills are on Reid's desk?

But, nevermind the fact that isn't what the title of the OP implied, now is it?
:eusa_whistle:
The title is 100% accurate!!!

And get the excuse the GOP gave for not taking the time to honor the Seals! That's right, they have "rules" prohibiting commemorative measures. But true to the CON$ervative double standard, the rules do not apply to Republicans! Bush can be commemorated but the Seals can't. Bush is “substantive and meaningful” but the Seals are not!

From the link in the OP:

Yesterday, however, Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA), announced the house didn’t have time to honor the Navy SEALs who caught Osama Bin Laden:
The House will not hold a vote on a resolution honoring U.S. troops and the intelligence community on the mission that killed Osama bin Laden, the number-two House Republican said Tuesday.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) said that House Republican leaders had been considering a symbolic resolution honoring the Navy SEALS and others involved in the bin Laden raid but that they had decided against one in an effort to keep in line with their new rules prohibiting commemorative measures.
“We considered that last week, and we deal with the rules that we’ve put in place in the House, and we’ve said since we assumed the majority that we want to be substantive and meaningful,” Cantor told reporters at his weekly roundtable.

What honorable act did GWB do to have his name placed on of all things a Court House?

What has obama done to deserve having a mountain named for him in Antigua?
Hell! Perry County, here in Alabama, declared the 2nd Monday of November to be Barack Obama Day before he even took office

We have apparently also learned how to chase Luddly away. Take note all!

Bush and the Republicans let Bin Laden go. If he had been caught, America never would have allowed the Iraq fiasco. See how well that worked out for them. Many Republican friends of Bush squeezed fortunes out of the Iraq fiasco and all it cost was a few trillion dollars, a couple of thousand Americans dead, a mere 40,000 Americans maimed, and our standing in the world.

AND

They were able to blame this massive failure on Obama and stick him with the cost of taking care of tens of thousands of Americans maimed for life and the need to rebuild our military.

It's all a matter of perspective and for Republicans, Iraq has been a spectacular success.

Done properly, we would never have known what had transpired.

Done properly, we would never have known what had transpired.

Exactly. There was a time when the GOP and the Dems would have agreed that it was in the best interests of the country, done the job and none of us would ever have known. No partisan hackery, no bullshit point scoring.

Leftists typically refuse to see their opponents as human beings.

It makes it easier to insist they be stood against a wall and shot.

Prime example of what happens when Lemmings listen to rags such as ThinkProgress without doing their own research.

:cuckoo:
A prime example of what happens when mindless drones condemn ThinkProgress without even clicking on the link!

From the link in the OP:

You do realize that the SEALS don't want to be recognized, don't you? They perform covert missions and pasting their faces on the news or parading them in front of Congress and the President would put them in danger.

Leftists typically refuse to see their opponents as human beings.

It makes it easier to insist they be stood against a wall and shot.

Good call Caveman, you should be first!
Was this a little more comprehensible for you?
And meets a Caveman’s standards?
BTW… I could fix a poorly written Sarah must
SUFFER post for you but, you’re not worth typing
it up better. And I sure you got the point!
:funnyface:

GOP House Has Time To Honor George W. Bush, But Not Troops Who Caught Bin Laden | ThinkProgress

The GObP/Repubs against jobs for vets, against affordable housing for vets, against health care for vets and now this.

We owe our vets better than this.

Okay, rw's, bring on the excuses.

I don't consider you to be a "liar". I believe that you, like all Stalinists and other assorted haters and confused people, do not know the definition of the word "hypocrisy".

You also do not understand the concepts of "integrity" and "objectivity" and "honesty" and "humility".

People like you are so out-of-touch with reality, and so completely ignorant of history and facts, that you really have nothing constructive to add to any conversation, so you spin everything out of context and try to sell your fiction as fact.

You, and people like you, have my sympathy.

I agree.... and would add that they don't understand words like 'objectivity' or the concept of 'critical thinking' or 'analysis'.

my gawd :eusa_doh: You're like a wind-up doll :eusa_hand:
emotwrongfulyy2.gif

Caliphony said this ystrdy AFTER quoting AND highlighting an NPR piece that undercut her own zany "contempt before investigation" observation :cuckoo: :lol:
Oh, you know what? My bad. I was reading the Earmarks bill before I was posting and got the two mixed up.

See, I can admit when I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back