GOP House Budget released

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
The GOP plan released by the House Budget Committee chairman would, if enacted into law, prescribe far less spending than President Obama's budget. It claims deficit cuts totaling $3.3 trillion -- spending cuts of $5.3 trillion tempered by $2 trillion in lower taxes -- below Obama's plan over the coming decade.

The deficit in 2015, for example, would drop to about $300 billion from $1.2 trillion for the current budget year.

But the plan has already hit resistance from the Democratic side, as it makes cuts to Medicaid, food stamps, Pell Grants and other Obama priorities.

"It's deja vu all over again," Rep. John Larson, D-Conn., chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, said Tuesday. He said the plan would make Medicare unrecognizable compared with its original form.

House Republicans Unveil Budget Blueprint | Fox News

Of course the Dems, who refused to pass a budget for years now, are already attacking the plan. Never mind the fact that Obama's budget failed to get even ONE vote in the Dem controlled Senate.

The GOP plan released by the House Budget Committee chairman would, if enacted into law, prescribe far less spending than President Obama's budget. It claims deficit cuts totaling $3.3 trillion -- spending cuts of $5.3 trillion tempered by $2 trillion in lower taxes -- below Obama's plan over the coming decade.

The deficit in 2015, for example, would drop to about $300 billion from $1.2 trillion for the current budget year.

But the plan has already hit resistance from the Democratic side, as it makes cuts to Medicaid, food stamps, Pell Grants and other Obama priorities.

"It's deja vu all over again," Rep. John Larson, D-Conn., chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, said Tuesday. He said the plan would make Medicare unrecognizable compared with its original form.

House Republicans Unveil Budget Blueprint | Fox News

Of course the Dems, who refused to pass a budget for years now, are already attacking the plan. Never mind the fact that Obama's budget failed to get even ONE vote in the Dem controlled Senate.

Why dont democrats just come out of the closet and say we have no intention of ever being fiscally responsible.

Got a link to the actual budget proposal? Just curious. Because saying:

It claims deficit cuts totaling $3.3 trillion -- spending cuts of $5.3 trillion tempered by $2 trillion in lower taxes --

and

Don't really move me. If we are going to get serious about deficit and debt reduction, we need a plan that is going to cut spending NOW, forget proposed future spending cuts. I'm eager to see that actual budget proposal.

Oh, adn of course democrats are going to put up a wall to cuts. They do not understand economics at all.

It claims deficit cuts totaling $3.3 trillion -- spending cuts of $5.3 trillion tempered by $2 trillion in lower taxes --

and

Don't really move me. If we are going to get serious about deficit and debt reduction, we need a plan that is going to cut spending NOW, forget proposed future spending cuts. I'm eager to see that actual budget proposal.

Oh, adn of course democrats are going to put up a wall to cuts. They do not understand economics at all.

No I didn't see any link to the actual text yet.

I know I trust Paul Ryan over the Hussein any day when it comes to budget numbers. Obama has no intention of being honest about budget numbers. His own party helped defeat his joke of a budget 0-97 in the Senate. At least Ryan is serious about starting some cuts.

and

No I didn't see any link to the actual text yet.

I know I trust Paul Ryan over the Hussein any day when it comes to budget numbers. Obama has no intention of being honest about budget numbers. His own party helped defeat his joke of a budget 0-97 in the Senate. At least Ryan is serious about starting some cuts.

I agree. Ryan is a numbers guy and he knows his shit.

The Dems will attack and denigrate anything the Reps put forward. Business as usual.

They, of course, won't bother to put a budget out just in case anyone looks at it and sees all the tax and spending they wanna do. Just a guess.

Yes the GOP budget which gets rid of SS, Medicare, and Medicaid, raises tax on the poor, cuts spending that creates $10 in benefits for every 1$ spent and gives millionaires 3trillion in more tax cuts is so awesome!

and

Word is Ryan's budget balances the budget by 2040. Now that's fiscal conservatism!

and

Word is Ryan's budget balances the budget by 2040. Now that's fiscal conservatism!

:lol: It is a ten year improvement from the last.

and

:lol: It is a ten year improvement from the last.

At least you know he's "serious."

You just know the Libs will slam it....
I haven't looked into this at all yet.
But I predict the Libs response to any
change in Medicare will be described as shifting
the burden to seniors.

Great. Balance it out y 2040. Dems/white house say the budget sucks, but do not have one of their own. This is just super. In 2040 my lifetime will be expired. Right along with any of these fruitcakes political career.

If republicans were serious about a budget proposal, they wouldn’t have included irresponsible cuts they know democrats are opposed to.

This less a ‘budget’ and more election year fodder for GOP stump speeches.

As a country we are beyond flat out broke...
Yet the Libs answer to our problems is to spend more...
I wanna see the Senate come up with their budget plan.

You just know the Libs will slam it....
I haven't looked into this at all yet.
But I predict the Libs response to any
change in Medicare will be described as shifting
the burden to seniors.

The things is that the GOP is proposing we eliminate Medicare as we know it, and just push in into Obamacare. The two things to pick up from that is that they will not increase health subsides to seniors at all, meaning over time seniors will pay more and more out of pocket. The send thing is that even though Obamacare is better then the pure private market, Medicare is far more supiero costing 50% less. This means that the GOP is proposing to increase wasteful health spending by trillions of dollars

Forum List

Back