GOP hopefuls remind Iowans they oppose Gay Rights

What's being taught in public schools?

How about the "Fisting incident" where the sex act was taught in PUBLIC school.
I Absolutely agree that teaching fisting would be abhorrent. Of course, that isn't really what happened is it? That was in Brookline correct? Now here's the REST of the story...

In fact, a community health group said that it had mistakenly "left about 10 copies" of the booklet on an informational table it rented at the conference; the group reportedly apologized for doing so; GLSEN stated that if it had known the booklets had been at the conference, it would have demanded they be removed; and the Brookline school superintendent reportedly said he believed no students had actually taken any of the books.

How about 'HEATHER HAS TWO MOMMIES" to kids who aren't yet old enough to debate the issue, let alone fully understand it?

Kids don't have to "debate it" and they understand just fine. You tell a five year old that Heather has two mommies that love each other just like mommy and daddy love each other and they don't have a problem understanding at all. Another parent at the school our kids goes to was relating a story that her kid came home and said "Did you know Tommy has two moms? How lucky is that?" She thought it was pretty funny.

How about the "Brokeback mountain" incident where the movie was shown to kids who aren't yet old enough enough to attend R movies without their parents?.....Where the parents were never informed that it was going to be shown?

Oh for pity sake, that wasn't curriculum, that was ONE substitute teacher in ONE classroom. What she did was wrong and I hope she got fired for it. I wonder if you would object had they shown, say, Amistad or Saving Private Ryan in a history class...

How about the following crap......It goes far beyond what is necessary. This should require a permission slip to attend......It should never be required curriculum.....It needs to stop!.....No kid should be taken to a gay pride assembly behind their parents backs......This is no different whatsoever than if public schools were conducting bible study as part of required curriculum....Or having kids participate in political grandstanding like singing "mmm, mmm, mmm, Barack Hussein Obama!"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ9z4uIUBJk&NR=1

How do you know that a parent's permission wasn't required? What, exactly, do you find objectionable about that presentation? It was Gay Pride month after all. Do you also object to their recognizing African American leaders during Black History month?

It will never happen buddy. I will not sell out my beliefs for PC, EVER!

People who change their views about gays and lesbians aren't "selling out their beliefs". What actually happens most often is the anti-gay bigot is eventually faced with a loved one telling them they are gay. It's really hard to look into the eyes of your child (brother, sister, mother, father, etc) and say "I love you, but I don't think you deserve the same rights as I have".

I don't teach them they are "icky" (icky?...what are you, ten years old?). Stop with the damn victim card.

But, I WILL make make my opinion known that I believe their sex lives are perverted. And I WILL explain in a very up front way why I, and many others believe that. They will also be taught that many heteros are also perverted, but what anybody does behind closed doors, hetero or homo, is their business, and should not reflect on how you treat them as a whole beyond those doors.....They will be judged when the time comes, and whatever price they pay, is their problem. Good or bad......Life is full of choices. You make the wrong choices you may pay in a very big way.

LOL...if you teach your children that gays are "perverted"...it's the same exact thing as "icky". You ARE teaching your kids that gays are icky. Nice that you also teach them not to beat up on the icky gays though. We do need more of that.

Nobody is saying you can't. You still haven't answered the question posed; What is being taught in school regarding same sex relationships that you object to? Can you give ANY specific examples?

Not at all...just haven't seen it in practice all that often. Perhaps you are better at it than most. Good on you!

And, there is still not enough eveidence out there to form any opinion on gay parents. I've seen a study by one university, that said as a whole, those kids SEEM to turn out Ok, However, they did find that daughters of lesbian parents tended to be more open sexually, and promiscuous later in life....Where the exact opposite was shown in their sons.

I want more in depth studies.....Of course you are going to believe that the "kids are all right", it fits in to your agenda......I'm not buyin' into it as of yet.....And if that bothers you, too bad!

It has nothing to do with an "agenda" and everything to do with personal experience and scientific evidence.

For the most part, the organizations are relying on a relatively small but conclusive body of research -- approximately 67 studies -- looking at children of gay parents and compiled by the American Psychological Association. In study after study, children in same-sex parent families turned out the same, for better or for worse, as children in heterosexual families.

Moreover, a 2001 meta-analysis of those studies found that the sexual orientation of a parent is irrelevant to the development of a child's mental health and social development and to the quality of a parent-child relationship.

Read more: What happens to kids raised by gay parents?

Let me guess....you looked up studies at Narth right? :lol:

I am a gay parent. I have two kids and I'll stack 'em up against anybody's kids any old day. Kids need parents, preferably two of them, that love them unconditionally. The gender of the parents IS completely irrelevant.

Now, are you EVER going to answer the question about what is allegedly being taught in schools that you object to?

How about 'HEATHER HAS TWO MOMMIES" to kids who aren't yet old enough to debate the issue, let alone fully understand it?

How about the "Brokeback mountain" incident where the movie was shown to kids who aren't yet old enough enough to attend R movies without their parents?.....Where the parents were never informed that it was going to be shown?

How about the following crap......It goes far beyond what is necessary. This should require a permission slip to attend......It should never be required curriculum.....It needs to stop!.....No kid should be taken to a gay pride assembly behind their parents backs......This is no different whatsoever than if public schools were conducting bible study as part of required curriculum....Or having kids participate in political grandstanding like singing "mmm, mmm, mmm, Barack Hussein Obama!"
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ9z4uIUBJk&NR=1[/ame]

A PRIVATE RELIGOUS school.
You want to force a private school to stop with the power of what??
"no different than if public schools were conducting bible study".
NO ONE FORCES ANYONE TO GO TO PRIVATE SCHOOL.
Maybe I was wrong about you. You are the one that is brainwashed. This is a private religous school and you want to force them to do what you want. Scary shit there.

It will never happen buddy. I will not sell out my beliefs for PC, EVER!

The difference between you and I is that as a conservative I would never, ever question the motives and reasons behind your beliefs. I might disagree with them but not tell you why you have them. On the other hand, you tell others they are wrong and that they are wrong because of "PC".
And that is complete bull shit. I have raised 3 kids, all 3 honor students with 2 graduates of the university. I do not base ANY of my beliefs on "PC".

LOL...if you teach your children that gays are "perverted"...it's the same exact thing as "icky". You ARE teaching your kids that gays are icky. Nice that you also teach them not to beat up on the icky gays though. We do need more of that.

Nobody is saying you can't. You still haven't answered the question posed; What is being taught in school regarding same sex relationships that you object to? Can you give ANY specific examples?

Not at all...just haven't seen it in practice all that often. Perhaps you are better at it than most. Good on you!

It has nothing to do with an "agenda" and everything to do with personal experience and scientific evidence.

For the most part, the organizations are relying on a relatively small but conclusive body of research -- approximately 67 studies -- looking at children of gay parents and compiled by the American Psychological Association. In study after study, children in same-sex parent families turned out the same, for better or for worse, as children in heterosexual families.

Moreover, a 2001 meta-analysis of those studies found that the sexual orientation of a parent is irrelevant to the development of a child's mental health and social development and to the quality of a parent-child relationship.

Read more: What happens to kids raised by gay parents?

Let me guess....you looked up studies at Narth right? :lol:

I am a gay parent. I have two kids and I'll stack 'em up against anybody's kids any old day. Kids need parents, preferably two of them, that love them unconditionally. The gender of the parents IS completely irrelevant.

Now, are you EVER going to answer the question about what is allegedly being taught in schools that you object to?

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ9z4uIUBJk&NR=1[/ame]

A PRIVATE RELIGOUS school.
You want to force a private school to stop with the power of what??
"no different than if public schools were conducting bible study".
NO ONE FORCES ANYONE TO GO TO PRIVATE SCHOOL.
Maybe I was wrong about you. You are the one that is brainwashed. This is a private religous school and you want to force them to do what you want. Scary shit there.

The Quakers have always been on the cutting edge when it comes to human civil rights and I applaud them for it. And I have to laugh that someone would hold a PRIVATE RELIGIOUS school up as how public schools (makes one go huh, doesn't it?) are forcing gay info 'down people's throats'...to use their popular phrase.

Forum List

Back