GOP Has Enough State Houses to Call a Convention of the States

What is so superflous about an Amendment that states that Federal laws trump state laws and that states have to follow the U.S. Constitution before their own laws and can't create new laws that contradict Federal ones? It's pretty simple... it makes it so that the Constitution is king... so why do you want to get rid of that? You want to allow racism in government? You wanna bring slavery back? You want to get rid of gay rights? So it's a bad idea to think of getting rid of the Electoral College, but getting rid of an Amendment that gives the Federal government power and gives people Due Process and Equal rights is wrong? Gotcha. Cool story bro.
So the 14th applied WHOLE Constituon to the states. Why was 2nd only incorporated in 2010?
The Second Amendment, Incorporated | The American Spectator

Uh, because the Constitution is a "living thing?" Because that is what the Supreme Courts job is? When a question about a law and the Constitution comes up they have to interpret it and make a ruling? I got an idea, how about you take a civics course, or a Constitutional Law course instead of using Google?
That is where you are wrong. Constituon is not a living breathing document. It is simply what it is. Oh, I should take a Constitutional law course...or Civics. Hmmmm funny...I'm looking at my wall...I have a Masters in PoliSci...guess what I do for a living?

Great! Send your resume to Trump then. Get the laws changed and get things done in Washington! Godspeed. Make sure you make it so the Federal government can go out and shoot to kill protesters too. You'd do a great job! I'm sure of it.
Paranoid much?
You have a very low opinion of people.

Hell yeah I do, especially people that think the federal government should go out and shoot and kill protesters because they don't like their President elect.

Liberals are so insane they think that in 2016 we STILL need EXPLICIT Amendments against slavery and a women's right to vote.
What a bunch of paranoid whackos.

Well hell yeah we do. I'm not going to just take your word for it that you are going to treat everyone equal. You're absolutely fucking insane if you think that. And I'm not a Liberal.
And you think that WORDS on a sheet of paper prevent psychos from walking into a shopping mall and mowing them down with a machine gun.
These Amendments are remnants of a past long gone.
We might as well have Amendments preventing the Roman Catholic Church from burning books outside of The Canon.

No, really... you think I trust you to provide equal rights to me. my family, and friends? You can't treat people on an internet forum with equal respect, and you think I should trust you without laws to treat me and others with equal rights in real life?

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
I don't treat you with respect because you're a nasty, disrespectful POS.

You never give anyone respect... that is unless they agree with you. So basically you have about 3-4 people on this board you show respect to. Funny thing is, without the Constitution you could treat those that don't agree with you differently. That's EXACTLY why we need it.
Wrongo.
I read everybody's posts and you have been nasty since you (I guess re)appeared, insulting everyone who supports Trump.

14th...according to Gideon v. Wainright 1964 applied "The Bill of Rights" to the states. Supremacy Clause applies federal law to the states when they are signed by the POTUS. Education enough for you?

Whatever you want to believe... I'll let you continue with your ignorance. The 14th Amendment was established specifically to make sure the 13th Amendment was followed by the states, and was later interpreted to mean it covered ALL the Amendments including the Bill of Rights.
Ohhhhh...was interpreted. I see. So where does the 14th say, "and all other amendments?" 13th ended slavery, period, on its own. 14th is superfluous.

What is so superflous about an Amendment that states that Federal laws trump state laws and that states have to follow the U.S. Constitution before their own laws and can't create new laws that contradict Federal ones? It's pretty simple... it makes it so that the Constitution is king... so why do you want to get rid of that? You want to allow racism in government? You wanna bring slavery back? You want to get rid of gay rights? So it's a bad idea to think of getting rid of the Electoral College, but getting rid of an Amendment that gives the Federal government power and gives people Due Process and Equal rights is wrong? Gotcha. Cool story bro.
So the 14th applied WHOLE Constituon to the states. Why was 2nd only incorporated in 2010?

Uh, because the Constitution is a "living thing?" Because that is what the Supreme Courts job is? When a question about a law and the Constitution comes up they have to interpret it and make a ruling? I got an idea, how about you take a civics course, or a Constitutional Law course instead of using Google?
So what case did the Court declare that the federal government was a "creation of the states?" What case did the the Court apply Supremacy Clause to the states? What happened in Shelby County v. United States 2014? Sure, we are a nation of statutory racism.

That is where you are wrong. Constituon is not a living breathing document. It is simply what it is. Oh, I should take a Constitutional law course...or Civics. Hmmmm funny...I'm looking at my wall...I have a Masters in PoliSci...guess what I do for a living?

Great! Send your resume to Trump then. Get the laws changed and get things done in Washington! Godspeed. Make sure you make it so the Federal government can go out and shoot to kill protesters too. You'd do a great job! I'm sure of it.
Paranoid much?

Hell yeah I do, especially people that think the federal government should go out and shoot and kill protesters because they don't like their President elect.
The only people I have seen reacting violently enmasse to the results of an election in the last 20 years or so have been your fellow Liberals in the last week.
I'm sure you're proud of your uneducated allies.

Well hell yeah we do. I'm not going to just take your word for it that you are going to treat everyone equal. You're absolutely fucking insane if you think that. And I'm not a Liberal.
And you think that WORDS on a sheet of paper prevent psychos from walking into a shopping mall and mowing them down with a machine gun.
These Amendments are remnants of a past long gone.
We might as well have Amendments preventing the Roman Catholic Church from burning books outside of The Canon.

No, really... you think I trust you to provide equal rights to me. my family, and friends? You can't treat people on an internet forum with equal respect, and you think I should trust you without laws to treat me and others with equal rights in real life?

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
I don't treat you with respect because you're a nasty, disrespectful POS.

You never give anyone respect... that is unless they agree with you. So basically you have about 3-4 people on this board you show respect to. Funny thing is, without the Constitution you could treat those that don't agree with you differently. That's EXACTLY why we need it.
Wrongo.
I read everybody's posts and you have been nasty since you (I guess re)appeared, insulting everyone who supports Trump.

You mean all the loud mouth, condescending, arrogant Trump supporters? Yep.

Paranoid much?

They should because they are foreign financed subversives.

Paranoid much?

The only people I have seen reacting violently enmasse to the results of an election in the last 20 years or so have been your fellow Liberals in the last week.

I'm not a liberal. Funny, for someone that says they have read all my posts, I think I've said that enough that you should know that.

Convention of States
The GOP now controls enough state houses to call for an Article 5 Convention of the States. Our federalist system is supposed to guarantee shared powers and states rights. I want the 14th Amendment GONE. It has been abused. Selective incorporation applies the Bill of Rights to the states so it's unecessary. Also, the federal government has bestowed upon itself too much power through the Elastic Clause. The federal government was born out of the will of the states. (Baker v. Carr).

Oh goodie! :clap:

Paranoid much?

I'm not a liberal. Funny, for someone that says they have read all my posts, I think I've said that enough that you should know that.
I've read your posts and you come across LIBERAL.

I must go to bed now LewMutt. Good luck in your classes tomorrow son. Any Constitutional questions feel free to ask. I will say a prayer for the Lord to help our President Elect.

Whatever you want to believe... I'll let you continue with your ignorance. The 14th Amendment was established specifically to make sure the 13th Amendment was followed by the states, and was later interpreted to mean it covered ALL the Amendments including the Bill of Rights.
Ohhhhh...was interpreted. I see. So where does the 14th say, "and all other amendments?" 13th ended slavery, period, on its own. 14th is superfluous.

So what case did the Court declare that the federal government was a "creation of the states?" What case did the the Court apply Supremacy Clause to the states? What happened in Shelby County v. United States 2014? Sure, we are a nation of statutory racism.

Well first off I'm a Criminal Justice major, not in Law school. So pulling random stuff out of law and asking me questions about it is really irrelevant, and I'm going to be honest and not just google the information and then try to pass it off as knowledge.

You still haven't answered the question as to why you want to get rid of the 14th Amendment. Is it simply because you are a state's rights person? Is there a federal law or Amendment you don't want to have to follow? Is it gay's rights? Gay marriage? Slavery? Abortion?

Well first off I'm a Criminal Justice major, not in Law school. So pulling random stuff out of law and asking me questions about it is really irrelevant, and I'm going to be honest and not just google the information and then try to pass it off as knowledge.

You still haven't answered the question as to why you want to get rid of the 14th Amendment. Is it simply because you are a state's rights person? Is there a federal law or Amendment you don't want to have to follow? Is it gay's rights? Gay marriage? Slavery? Abortion?

The primary reason is that what the courts have done with the Fourteenth Amendment is not what it was intended to do nor what its plain language states.

Paranoid much?

I've read your posts and you come across LIBERAL.

Wrong... I've made it very abundantly clear. I'm an independent who would have voted for Sanders, and if not him, Jeb Bush or Kasich.

I'm Pro-life except in the cases of incest, rape, or if the mother's life is in danger. I'm pro gun. I believe in Global Warming. I think gay people should have the same rights as marriage, though I think it should be called civil unions and not marriage. I think marriage should be reserved for a man and a woman. I'm pro free public colleges. I think immigration should be limited, as we can't even provide for our native born citizens, there is no reason to continue to bring new people to this country and give them benefits, yet at the same time, the people that are already here, if they are abiding by the law and working we should make them residents instead of spending all the money to find them, detain them, and then send them back. I believe in the Constitution. I believe in freedom, and I don't believe in racism. I'm pro-military, but I think we spend way too much. I don't like flag burning. I think people should stand for the National Anthem. I think kids should say the Pledge of Allegiance in school like we did when I was a kid. I'm agnostic, but I won't treat people of other faiths differently based on their faith, but I don't want them to try and press their faith on me. I'm pro- death penalty. I think there are people that will never be changed. So what else you want to know? I'm definitely NOT liberal.

...... I've made it very abundantly clear. I'm an independent who would have voted for Sanders, and if not him, Jeb Bush or Kasich.

I'm Pro-life except in the cases of incest, rape, or if the mother's life is in danger. I'm pro gun. I believe in Global Warming. I think gay people should have the same rights as marriage, though I think it should be called civil unions and not marriage. I think marriage should be reserved for a man and a woman. I'm pro free public colleges. I think immigration should be limited, as we can't even provide for our native born citizens, there is no reason to continue to bring new people to this country and give them benefits, yet at the same time, the people that are already here, if they are abiding by the law and working we should make them residents instead of spending all the money to find them, detain them, and then send them back. I believe in the Constitution. I believe in freedom, and I don't believe in racism. I'm pro-military, but I think we spend way too much. I don't like flag burning. I think people should stand for the National Anthem. I think kids should say the Pledge of Allegiance in school like we did when I was a kid. I'm agnostic, but I won't treat people of other faiths differently based on their faith, but I don't want them to try and press their faith on me. I'm pro- death penalty. I think there are people that will never be changed. So what else you want to know? I'm definitely NOT liberal.

Nobody wants to hear your brief life story, kid. There is a topic, stick to it.

...... I've made it very abundantly clear. I'm an independent who would have voted for Sanders, and if not him, Jeb Bush or Kasich.

Since there isn't a box to click...:anj_stfu:

Since there isn't a box to click...:anj_stfu:
44788163.jpg

Forum List

Back