GOP = Group Of Polacks?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Because of the type of hyperpartisan hysteria fed to angry citizens by FOX, Talk Radio and other propagandist organs, willl 'The decline of the good old USA' resemble a re-enactment of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire or...a re-enactment of...
...the dissolution of 18th-century Poland? ...*krugman NYT
A brief history lesson: In the 17th and 18th centuries, the Polish legislature, the Sejm, operated on the unanimity principle: any member could nullify legislation by shouting "I do not allow!" This made the nation largely ungovernable, and neighboring regimes began...
you call fill in the rest.

Because of the type of hyperpartisan hysteria fed to angry citizens by FOX, Talk Radio and other propagandist organs, willl 'The decline of the good old USA' resemble a re-enactment of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire or...a re-enactment of...
A brief history lesson: In the 17th and 18th centuries, the Polish legislature, the Sejm, operated on the unanimity principle: any member could nullify legislation by shouting "I do not allow!" This made the nation largely ungovernable, and neighboring regimes began...neighboring regimes began hacking off pieces of its territory. By 1795 Poland had disappeared, not to re-emerge for more than a century.
Today, the U.S. Senate seems determined to make the Sejm look good by comparison.
Last week, after nine months, the Senate finally approved Martha Johnson to head the General Services Administration, which runs government buildings and purchases supplies. It's an essentially nonpolitical position, and nobody questioned Ms. Johnson's qualifications: she was approved by a vote of 94 to 2. But Senator Christopher Bond, Republican of Missouri, had put a "hold" on her appointment to pressure the government into approving a building project in Kansas City.

Listen to Krugman!! The man is at least as smart as Freddo Corleone!! Repubs are crumbling before your eyes

Leftward Ho!

Say Whaaa?? No one was more angry and hateful than you Leftist nutters were the previous eight years. "hyperpartisan hysteria?" Yea you Leftist nutters would never engage in such awful stuff huh? Are you people serious? You nutters even viciously attacked Bush's daughters for God's sake. You did the same vile stuff with Palin's family too. Now you're whining about "hperpartisan hysteria?" Pretty funny stuff. Now you know how we felt about you guys the last couple of years.

I still say that no one was more hateful and hyperpartisan than you guys were the previous eight years though. The decline of the good old USA has been happening for a long time and spans many past Presidents both Republican and Democrat. So as usual Krugman is wrong. In fact i would even say he is the worst of the worst when it comes to "hyperpartisan hysteria." This rant you just posted proves that in my opinion. Hey just my take anyway.

Last edited:
Listen to Krugman!! The man is at least as smart as Freddo Corleone!! Repubs are crumbling before your eyes

Leftward Ho!
It's always amusing to see people with your limited talents (fetching and arking on command), questiong the inteligence of a man like Krugman. Like his politics or not, to deny his inteligence is :cuckoo:

"hyperpartisan hysteria?" That absolutely sums up most Leftist nutters and especially Krugman no? Pot meet Kettle. Yikes!

Say Whaaa?? No one was more angry and hateful than you Leftist nutters were the previous eight years..

Your ignorance is showing. The leftist haters were not liberals and mostly noy Democrats.

Many of the leftist haters went after the Clintons and others..

btw, I NEVER subscribed to the 'Bush Sucks' ideology...

...but it is amusing you put yourself up as the equal and other side of ideological 'Nutters'

gawd, you're a dope.

Like I said...
A brief history lesson: In the 17th and 18th centuries, the Polish legislature, the Sejm, operated on the unanimity principle: any member could nullify legislation by shouting "I do not allow!" This made the nation largely ungovernable, and neighboring regimes began...neighboring regimes began hacking off pieces of its territory. By 1795 Poland had disappeared, not to re-emerge for more than a century.
Today, the U.S. Senate seems determined to make the Sejm look good by comparison.
Last week, after nine months, the Senate finally approved Martha Johnson to head the General Services Administration, which runs government buildings and purchases supplies. It's an essentially nonpolitical position, and nobody questioned Ms. Johnson's qualifications: she was approved by a vote of 94 to 2. But Senator Christopher Bond, Republican of Missouri, had put a "hold" on her appointment to pressure the government into approving a building project in Kansas City.

Forum List

Back