GOP Gov. Jindal calls Obama's plan irresponsible

the polls showed only 8% of viewers didn't like obama's spech. even republican viewers overwhelmingly liked it.

which means you are in the tiny minority of the extreme fringe right. the die hard bush dead enders

And he is one of the guys who has the balls to call me a partisan hack.

I admit though, I do have a bit of a man crush on Barrack, and I also have a HUGE crush on Michelle Obama.

you don't gotta admit it to us....the midnight rimjobs you give him in the oval office is enough proof

Dude, that is just the kind of intelligent response in debate that the 'new' republicans are looking for... you have a bright future on the new fringe.

-Joe

the polls showed only 8% of viewers didn't like obama's spech. even republican viewers overwhelmingly liked it.

which means you are in the tiny minority of the extreme fringe right. the die hard bush dead enders

His "speech" was fine... it was a bunch of smoke blowing.. he really has no clue of what he is doing.... but the speech was fine

And funny... I am seeing no mention of a 92% approval rating for his speech....

Funny... I saw a man who found a mess, got a handle on the big picture of where the bleeding is worst and outlined a plan for triage and treatment. It is a big fucking mess, too - not bad for a congressionally hampered team in 30 days.

The corporate puppet response was same shit, different messenger. Although this new one does have a decent tan.

-Joe

Right on Joe. They believed Bush was talking about us when he said Americans, when he was really only referring to the top 1% earners.

Obama is talking about 95% of us.

I think the right wingers we argue with all think they belong more with the top 1%'ers and not us bottom 95%.

Maybe all the people we argue with here make over $250K?

If so, I don't care what they think. It is time they share their wealth. LOL. JK.

But it really is time to take their unfair tax breaks away. Clearly we are spending more than the treasury takes in. What is one way to remedy that? Raise taxes on the rich.

And we aren't really raising their taxes. We're just taking away the Reagan/Bush tax cuts they shouldn't have got in the first place.

ThomHartmann.com - Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts

I love quoting this guy. For one, he's right on the money, and 2, he makes the right wingers mad. Just look at how much the rich's taxes have been cut since Reagan got into office. No wonder we can't pay our bills.

Who should pay more in taxes, American people or corporations? I say Corporations should.

Oh but they'll pass along the cost to the consumers!!! So what? Do they sell necessities? Then don't buy. Chances are, they won't lower the cost of the products anyways. Instead they'll just give their CEO's and VP's the profits. Screw that. It aint trickling down.

At what cost to the middle class do we want cheap goods?

His "speech" was fine... it was a bunch of smoke blowing.. he really has no clue of what he is doing.... but the speech was fine

Funny... I saw a man who found a mess, got a handle on the big picture of where the bleeding is worst and outlined a plan for triage and treatment. It is a big fucking mess, too - not bad for a congressionally hampered team in 30 days.

The corporate puppet response was same shit, different messenger. Although this new one does have a decent tan.

-Joe
the "mess" as you call it, was created by HIM and the rest of the dems in congress
only took them 11 months to fuck everything up with the bad talking the economy and stupid spending

btw, Obama was in the senate voting for that shit

-Joe

Right on Joe. They believed Bush was talking about us when he said Americans, when he was really only referring to the top 1% earners.

I think the right wingers we argue with all think they belong more with the top 1%'ers and not us bottom 95%.

If so, I don't care what they think. It is time they share their wealth. LOL. JK.

But it really is time to take their unfair tax breaks away. Clearly we are spending more than the treasury takes in. What is one way to remedy that? Raise taxes on the rich.

And we aren't really raising their taxes. We're just taking away the Reagan/Bush tax cuts they shouldn't have got in the first place.

I love quoting this guy. For one, he's right on the money, and 2, he makes the right wingers mad. Just look at how much the rich's taxes have been cut since Reagan got into office. No wonder we can't pay our bills.

Who should pay more in taxes, American people or corporations? I say Corporations should.

Oh but they'll pass along the cost to the consumers!!! So what? Do they sell necessities? Then don't buy. Chances are, they won't lower the cost of the products anyways. Instead they'll just give their CEO's and VP's the profits. Screw that. It aint trickling down.

yeah, i HOPE Obama does that
he'll be a 1 termer for sure

-Joe
the "mess" as you call it, was created by HIM and the rest of the dems in congress
only took them 11 months to fuck everything up with the bad talking the economy and stupid spending

What? Bush didn't have anything to do with it? Bush appointees that were overseeing these industries didn't have anything to do with it?

Did you hear the story yesterday that Obama is going to make banks undergo regular stress tests? They used to undergo them all the time. Why? To prevent a meltdown like this from occuring. So why didn't the banks do them when Bush was in office? Oh yea, deregulations. :lol:

Between 2003-2006, we were warning you guys that the middle class was in trouble and you kept pointing to the stock market and corporate profits.

As late as Feb 2008 you guys didn't get it.

Heck, McCain said things were fine.

I suspect if the sky is blue and Obama says it is blue, you would argue.

I am amazed anytime I hear the Republicans use their "not enough tax breaks" line.

Do they not realize that we understand that for the last 8 years, the rich have gotten all the tax breaks? And they certainly aren't spending any of that money. Jobs are not being created from the Bush tax breaks. We did not get a fair share. And now 95% of us are going to get a tax break.
You do realize that we have the 2nd highest corporate tax in the whole world. Something that gets left out when big corporation decide to move overseas. You do realize that the payroll tax is a HUGE obstacle for small business. You do realize in this insane economy and decreasing home value market, property taxes are increasing!

However, McCain, yes McCain, was the voice of reason when Bush tax cuts were proposed. He said that he would be for them if it included a decrease in spending! Mr. No pork spending approval ever stated the obvious, Bush and the Republican Congress were like a teenage girl at the mall with Dad's credit card. They spent and spent and spent! Not fiscal conservative principles in the least! Having the capital gains tax good, lowering taxes for the middle class (which it did by a 1-2%), but not doing anything with the payroll tax, bad, not doing anything with the corporate tax bad, yes lower the up 5% (who are one of the few groups that can easily afford taxes) bad and not cutting spending at all, very bad!

So who is Bobbi crying to? Please, keep it up GOP. Your message doesn't even scare me anymore. :clap2:

I think Obama will have an answer to all the problems Corporate America and the GOP throw his way. He isn't going to get Jimmy Carter'ed. :lol:

I am amazed anytime I hear the Republicans use their "not enough tax breaks" line.

Do they not realize that we understand that for the last 8 years, the rich have gotten all the tax breaks? And they certainly aren't spending any of that money. Jobs are not being created from the Bush tax breaks. We did not get a fair share. And now 95% of us are going to get a tax break.
You do realize that we have the 2nd highest corporate tax in the whole world. Something that gets left out when big corporation decide to move overseas. You do realize that the payroll tax is a HUGE obstacle for small business. You do realize in this insane economy and decreasing home value market, property taxes are increasing!

However, McCain, yes McCain, was the voice of reason when Bush tax cuts were proposed. He said that he would be for them if it included a decrease in spending! Mr. No pork spending approval ever stated the obvious, Bush and the Republican Congress were like a teenage girl at the mall with Dad's credit card. They spent and spent and spent! Not fiscal conservative principles in the least! Having the capital gains tax good, lowering taxes for the middle class (which it did by a 1-2%), but not doing anything with the payroll tax, bad, not doing anything with the corporate tax bad, yes lower the up 5% (who are one of the few groups that can easily afford taxes) bad and not cutting spending at all, very bad!

So who is Bobbi crying to? Please, keep it up GOP. Your message doesn't even scare me anymore. :clap2:

I think Obama will have an answer to all the problems Corporate America and the GOP throw his way. He isn't going to get Jimmy Carter'ed. :lol:
bobo is a moron, it is a waste of time to read his nonsensical posts

The hero worship of Obama is dangerous.

Very dangerous.

I'd like to believe he will do all the things he said he woudl in that speech, but I don't see how he can, the numbers just don't add up.

After the Republican Great Depression, FDR put this nation back to work, in part by raising taxes on income above $3 to $4 million a year (in today’s dollars) to 91 percent, and corporate taxes to over 50% of profits. The revenue from those income taxes built dams, roads, bridges, sewers, water systems, schools, hospitals, train stations, railways, an interstate highway system, and airports. It educated a generation returning from World War II. It acted as a cap on the rare but occasional obsessively greedy person taking so much out of the economy that it impoverished the rest of us.

Through the 1950s, though, more and more loopholes for the rich were built into the tax code, so much so that JFK observed in his second debate with Richard Nixon that dropping the top tax rate to 70% but tightening up the loopholes would actually be a tax increase.

JFK pushed through that tax increase to take us back toward FDR/Truman/Eisenhower revenue levels, and we continued to build infrastructure in the US, and even put men on the moon. Health care and college were cheap and widely available. Working people could raise a family and have security in their old age. Every billion dollars (a half-week in Iraq) invested in infrastructure in America created 47,000 good-paying jobs as Americans built America.

But the rich fought back, and won big-time in 1980 when Reagan, until then the fringe “Voodoo economics” candidate who was heading into the election trailing far behind Jimmy Carter, was swept into the White House on a wave of public concern of the Iranians taking US hostages. Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%. Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983 (they’re still in that neighborhood, the lowest in the industrialized world).

The result was devastating. Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA), and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund. Even with that, Reagan had to borrow more money in his 8 years than the sum total of all presidents from George Washington to Jimmy Carter combined.

In addition to badly throwing the nation into debt, Reagan’s tax cut blew out the ceiling on the accumulation of wealth, leading to a new Gilded Age and the rise of a generation of super-wealthy that hadn’t been seen since the Robber Baron era of the 1890s or the Roaring 20s.

And, most tragically, Reagan’s tax cuts caused America to stop investing in infrastructure. As a nation, we’ve been coasting since the early 1980s, living on borrowed money while we burn through (in some cases literally) the hospitals, roads, bridges, steam tunnels, and other infrastructure we built in the Golden Age of the Middle Class between the 1940s and the 1980s.

Very dangerous.

I'd like to believe he will do all the things he said he woudl in that speech, but I don't see how he can, the numbers just don't add up.

Even if he does half of them, we'll be better off.

And I don't see how 15 Saudi's can hijack 4 airplanes and fly them into the world trade center's and Pentagon before they get shot out of the sky, and then I don't see how it is possible that our media could be bullshitted into believing that it was Saddam who did it, and then we get led into a 7 plus year war over a lie.

I don't see how that is possible either, yet Bush did it. So if Bush can do all that, I think Obama can do what he says he can do too.

Very dangerous.

Even if he does half of them, we'll be better off.

And I don't see how 15 Saudi's can hijack 4 airplanes and fly them into the world trade center's and Pentagon before they get shot out of the sky, and then I don't see how it is possible that our media could be bullshitted into believing that it was Saddam who did it, and then we get led into a 7 plus year war over a lie.

I don't see how that is possible either, yet Bush did it. So if Bush can do all that, I think Obama can do what he says he can do too.
oh brother, can you post any more moronic nonsense?

-Joe

Thanks, man. Be careful though on harping about pushing taxes onto corporations - we, the consumer will pay in the end.

The secret to success is not more taxes or less taxes on any one or thing in particular... The secret is fair taxes for all of us.

I really appreciated that the President addressed the unfair nature of a tax code that allows folks who can afford to have attorneys and accountants on retainer to milk the system.

-Joe

-Joe

Dude... step out from behind your narrow mind and grasp vision behind the speech.

Can't you see that we are about to spank the greed out of Western 'Civilization' without terminating humanity or tearing down the infrastructure?

It will be a first for history - remember the French Revolution?

-Joe

Very dangerous.

The first rule of responsible accounting is to 'stop the bleeding'.

The "numbers" you refer to are irrelevant in the triage and stabilization phases.

-Joe

-Joe

Dude... step out from behind your narrow mind and grasp vision behind the speech.

Can't you see that we are about to spank the greed out of Western 'Civilization' without terminating humanity or tearing down the infrastructure?

-Joe

Nah, I don't see it. I see more sheeple buying a load of manure they've been told is "special dirt." :lol:

-Joe

Nah, I don't see it. I see more sheeple buying a load of manure they've been told is "special dirt." :lol:

You're a smart guy Gunny... Can the patient be saved? Should it be saved?

How would you do it?

-Joe

-Joe

You're a smart guy Gunny... Can the patient be saved? Should it be saved?

How would you do it?

-Joe
you dont "save the patient" by putting a stake through its heart

Forum List

Back