GOP Gives America the Finger

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
Just when I thought I couldn't be more outraged at Congress, I found out they went on vacation for five weeks.

No doubt many of them will claim they are going back to their districts because spending time with their constituents is a vital part of their work. But if the debt negotiations are any indication, lots of them don't really care what their constituents think. Poll after poll showed nearly three quarters of Americans supported a debt deal that combined spending cuts with additional revenue; namely, tax increases on the wealthiest Americans and the closure of corporate tax loopholes. Exactly what we didn't get.

That's because we were all taken hostage last week by a band of extremists, masquerading as the freshman Republican class of the House of Representatives. It doesn't even matter if you agree with their politics. The basic gist of democratic government is that the majority rules. That's why you have votes. The side with the highest number wins.

Except in Washington, D.C., where playground bullies threatening to blow up the sandbox had everyone running scared. They weren't negotiating, they were playing with people's lives. Maybe they could afford to pay higher interest rates on home and car loans and credit card bills. Maybe they didn't need to borrow money to purchase inventory or make a payroll. Maybe they don't care about their 401K because they've got a taxpayer-funded retirement plan.

Kelly Moore: Congress Gives America the Finger, Goes on Vacation

Last edited:
Both parties have had their middle fingers up toward the country for a very long time.

A replacement is needed.

GOP?

You mean the Dems are all still working while the GOP are on recess?

Budget bills have to start in the GOP controlled House of Rep.

Yes, I realize this - but your saying the GOP is off on vacation, yet fail to mention the Dems are right there with them.Seems as if they gave America the finger as well -

Hack.

I'm saying they did the same thing last year, go on vacation while there is critical work to be done. Correct me if I am wrong, you think House Democrats can pass bills while the House is in recess?

The Speaker of the House, the Boehner, sets the vacation schedule. I'm amazed at the people that complain about the President playing a few rounds of golf, but completely ignoring the schedules of our elected representatives.

Congressional Calendar

He can schedule all the vacation's he wants to.

No one is being forced to take a vacation.

You're telling us it's all Boehner's fault Democraps are home on a five week vacation?

They were forced to return to their mansions ?

I'm saying they did the same thing last year, go on vacation while there is critical work to be done. Correct me if I am wrong, you think House Democrats can pass bills while the House is in recess?

They don't need to vote -

They can continue doing the work though.

Don't see many Dems on Capitol Hill today...

Pretty quiet.

GOP?

You mean the Dems are all still working while the GOP are on recess?

Budget bills have to start in the GOP controlled House of Rep.

:lmao:

For the second consecutive year, the Democrat-controlled United States Senate has unanimously rejected President Obama's 2013 budget. The final vote was 99-0, making the the running two-year tally 196-0. This move follows the House of Representatives' 414-0 rebuke of the same fiscal blueprint earlier this year.

Astonishingly, not a single Senate Democrat has voted in favor of any budget for three years, even as they refuse to offer a plan of their own. Democrats have claimed that three fig leaves mitigate this embarrassing spectacle:

BREAKING: Democrat-Held Senate Rejects Obama's Horrific Budget, 99-0 - Guy Benson

They don't need to vote -

They can continue doing the work though.

Don't see many Dems on Capitol Hill today...

Pretty quiet.

I disagree, they do need to vote on these bills before it becomes another budget crisis.

The members of both houses should take a permanent vacation and America should take back governing. What is the House of Representative even for in the modern world? When we had to send a neighbor to the capital to vote for us, it took days to get anywhere. It isn't like that anymore. We don't need representatives; we can represent ourselves. They have become like high priests interceding for us and interpret 'the word'.
The people can interpret for themselves.
And we can vote for ourselves, instead of concentrating all our 'representatives' in one nice centralized location for easy access BY LOBBYISTS.
Keep the Senate (with new members) just to moderate, but forget people, who work for you, who work against you.

Last edited:
Just when I thought I couldn't be more outraged at Congress, I found out they went on vacation for five weeks.

No doubt many of them will claim they are going back to their districts because spending time with their constituents is a vital part of their work. But if the debt negotiations are any indication, lots of them don't really care what their constituents think. Poll after poll showed nearly three quarters of Americans supported a debt deal that combined spending cuts with additional revenue; namely, tax increases on the wealthiest Americans and the closure of corporate tax loopholes. Exactly what we didn't get.

That's because we were all taken hostage last week by a band of extremists, masquerading as the freshman Republican class of the House of Representatives. It doesn't even matter if you agree with their politics. The basic gist of democratic government is that the majority rules. That's why you have votes. The side with the highest number wins.

Except in Washington, D.C., where playground bullies threatening to blow up the sandbox had everyone running scared. They weren't negotiating, they were playing with people's lives. Maybe they could afford to pay higher interest rates on home and car loans and credit card bills. Maybe they didn't need to borrow money to purchase inventory or make a payroll. Maybe they don't care about their 401K because they've got a taxpayer-funded retirement plan.

Thanks for the completely objective Huffington Post, I'll post an artilce where Rush Limbaugh says the democrats are evil and hate America....

Thanks for the completely objective Huffington Post, I'll post an artilce where Rush Limbaugh says the democrats are evil and hate America....

Huffington post is way more objective than Rush Limbaugh.

[/QUOTE]
I disagree, they do need to vote on these bills before it becomes another budget crisis.

I didn't see any kicking and screaming and the Democraps departed on their five week vacation.

After the vote, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., cited the farm bill and other issues, such as middle class tax relief, as reasons why Democrats voted against adjourning.

"The Republican majority is prepared to adjourn the House of Representatives to leave for the August district work period without accomplishing what the American people have sent us here to do," she said. "They want us to create jobs. They want us to reduce the deficit. And they want us to do a middle-income tax cut, which the president has suggested and the American people overwhelmingly support."

"Instead, we have no jobs agenda, no tax cuts for the middle class, no farm bill, no Violence against Women Act, no cybersecurity strategy," she said.

Read more: House votes against adjourning for recess - UPI.com

House votes against adjourning for recess - UPI.com

I didn't see any kicking and screaming and the Democraps departed on their five week vacation.

After the vote, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., cited the farm bill and other issues, such as middle class tax relief, as reasons why Democrats voted against adjourning.

"The Republican majority is prepared to adjourn the House of Representatives to leave for the August district work period without accomplishing what the American people have sent us here to do," she said. "They want us to create jobs. They want us to reduce the deficit. And they want us to do a middle-income tax cut, which the president has suggested and the American people overwhelmingly support."

"Instead, we have no jobs agenda, no tax cuts for the middle class, no farm bill, no Violence against Women Act, no cybersecurity strategy," she said.

Read more: House votes against adjourning for recess - UPI.com

House votes against adjourning for recess - UPI.com[/QUOTE]

Hook, line and sinker! Well done!

Forum List

Back