GOP Freakout: More Minority Babies Will Be Born Than White Babies This Year

R

rdean

SNN3002A-682_567929a.jpg

WASHINGTON — Minorities make up nearly half the children born in the U.S., part of a historic trend in which minorities are expected to become the U.S. majority over the next 40 years.

In fact, demographers say this year could be the “tipping point” when the number of babies born to minorities outnumbers that of babies born to whites.

The numbers are growing because immigration to the U.S. has boosted the number of Hispanic women in their prime childbearing years. Minorities made up 48 percent of U.S. children born in 2008, the latest census estimates available, compared to 37 percent in 1990.

More Minority Babies Will Be Born Than White Babies This Year | News One

"Most parts of the country are now totally dependent on minorities for achieving growth in their young adult and child populations," said William H. Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution, citing the low birth rates among whites as well as the aging white baby boomer population.

"Minorities are especially important for current and future labor force gains in all but the most rapidly growing parts of the country," he said.

Census: Multiracial US becoming even more diverse

Planned Parenthood was founded to stanch the births of minorities and poor people.

It's not working.

So all of those Abortions, pills or condons did not prevent any pregnancies?

Abstinance only policy is responsible for the WASP birthrate drop?

I find it just a little bit funny how imbeciles like rdean and his blow buddy are announcing this like it's a wonderful thing. Luckily I'm old enough that I won't have to watch the destruction of a once great nation by a bunch of assholes with the responsibility of rabbits. Once whitey is gone, you'll win eh rdean? You're a bigger dimwit than I ever would have imagined.

Most of those innovations are 30 years old.

Robotics Offer Newfound Surgical Capabilities

Photorefraction Screens Millions for Vision Disorders

Lithium Battery Power Delivers Electric Vehicles to Market

Engineering Models Ease and Speed Prototyping

Software Performs Complex Design Analysis

Mars Cameras Make Panoramic Photography a Snap

Experiments Advance Gardening at Home and in Space

Space Age Swimsuit Reduces Drag, Breaks Records

Computer Model Locates Environmental Hazards

Battery Technology Stores Clean Energy

Robots Explore the Farthest Reaches of Earth and Space

Oops.