GOP flier says virginians vote on two different days!

If someone is so fucking stupid they don't know what day elections are held, I have no pity for them. For every single person who fell for this, it speaks volumes about the people Obama appeals to.

we have millions of new voters who have never voted before.......if this does fool some or fools none doesn't matter...

this is not the point jsanders, the point is that this kind of stuff is ILLEGAL.

I can only hope that the Republicans are better at cheating than the Democrats are. Go Republicans.

we have millions of new voters who have never voted before.......if this does fool some or fools none doesn't matter...

this is not the point jsanders, the point is that this kind of stuff is ILLEGAL.

No, it's really not. Free speech. Sorry.

And again, if new voters don't know when election day is, it's their own fault. If they haven't turned on a TV or radio or opened a newspaper in the past two years, they aren't informed enough to vote anyway.

And again, if new voters don't know when election day is, it's their own fault. If they haven't turned on a TV or radio or opened a newspaper in the past two years, they aren't informed enough to vote anyway.

I can't imagine these fliers would make a difference.

NO, you arw wrong on this....it is NOT free speach, it breaks the laws on voter intimidation.

The somewhat official-looking flier - it features the state board logo and the state seal - is dated Oct. 24 and indicates that "an emergency session of the General Assembly has adopted the follwing (sic) emergency regulations to ease the load on local electorial (sic) precincts and ensure a fair electorial process."

The four-paragraph flier concludes with: "We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but felt this was the only way to ensure fairness to the complete electorial process."

No emergency action has been taken by the General Assembly. It is not in session and lacks the authority to change the date of a federal election.

State Board of Election officials today said they are aware of the flier but disavowed any connection to it.

"It's not even on our letterhead; they just copied the logo from our Web site," said agency staffer Ryan Enright, noting the flier has been forwarded to State Police for investigation as a possible incident of voter intimidation.

Last edited:
The only thing about the flier that breaks the law is that they impersonated the State Board.

This isn't even close to voter intimidation.

there are millions of first time voters that would be unaware.

YOU are an elitist, where YOU think that YOU are more important than the rest of the citizens in America.... if YOU really think this way.... :(

care
Then these peeps are to stupid to vote...If ya can't figure out when, where and how...Ya have no business voting.

Then these peeps are to stupid to vote...If ya can't figure out when, where and how...Ya have no business voting.

I know. stupid voters. I mean, who seriously listens to information coming the state government board. Shouldn't these voters know how to recognize the correct letterhead of the organization of which they shouldn't be getting info from? I swear, people who are so uninformed, they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I never understand people who can find any rationale to keep themselves from admitting that their side could be involved in nefarious activity. It's beyond my comprehension especially in the face of overwhelming documented EVIDENCE of GOP voter suppression efforts.

Do I think the flier was sanctioned by the GOP directly? no I don't. BUT I do think that someone with some obvious connections helped produce it and distrubute it.

:lol: acorn is under investigation in what is it? three states? wow...that's massive voter fraud oh wait...I mean voter registration fraud. :eusa_boohoo:
try FIFTEEN states

i havent read every post in this thread, can someone tell me if anyone has posted actual proof that this flier had anything to do with the GOP of VA at all?

NO, you arw wrong on this....it is NOT free speach, it breaks the laws on voter intimidation.
if you get an email telling you they are some prince or former minister of finance in a remote country in Africa, i'll save you a lot of hassles, its a HOAX

I know. stupid voters. I mean, who seriously listens to information coming the state government board. Shouldn't these voters know how to recognize the correct letterhead of the organization of which they shouldn't be getting info from? I swear, people who are so uninformed, they shouldn't be allowed to vote.
This "joke" has been around for almost b40 years...This DIDN'T come from the state board....And anyone who takes the flyer at face value without checkin it out..Is to stupid to breath on their own let alone vote...

I bet the people who believed the flyer are also the ones who think forwarding emails will win them a free cell phone, computer, car, or trip to Hawaii...and keep the ghost from coming out of the closet to eat their brains.

Seriously, I have no pity for the ignorant. If even one single person shows up to vote November 5, it will speak volumes about the crowd of people Obama appeals to.

Forum List

Back