GOP fires staffer over $1,946 topless club visit

Apparently she had been warned about reimbursement procedures in the past.

McKay said in the letter that the staff member "was aware that this activity was not eligible for reimbursement and had been previously counseled on this very subject."

"Accordingly, that staff person has been terminated," McKay wrote.

The RNC has tried to distance itself from the club visit.

McKay said "a group of individuals" attended the club after a "Young Eagles" donor event in Los Angeles, but that "this was not an RNC sanctioned event and was not associated in any way with any RNC official event."

FOXNews.com - RNC Staffer Fired Over 'Bondage Club' Tab Had Been Warned Ahead of Time

OK then, sounds like a justifiable firing with this information

I wonder what she will have to say about this.

Alcohol falls under the category of "meals" from an accounting standpoint.
But I agree. There may be misppropriation of all monies spent that evening if some was used for entertainment, but labelled as meals.
Regardless, travel, entertainment and meals all fall under the same final category.

Thanks for the info! I guess things have changed a bit since I worked in the hospitality industry.

After a few days on this board, I can not tell who is being sarcastic or not.

Am I wrong? I pretty much said what I was told by my accountant; but he is the one who completes my returns for me.

AM I wrong?

Sorry. I wasn't beiing sarcastic. It's been 30-odd years since I worked with food and beverages. Back then, drinks were invoiced as drinks and meals as meals. But I would think this isn't the only thing that has changed in that time.

That was not my question.

I asked:

And you feel that the democratic party campaigns and identifiy themselves honestly?

It was not my intention to answer your question. It was stupid.

Thanks for your assessment.

Interesting that you find a valid question that can easily be answered yes or no as stupid.

You are exactly what is wrong with America today. If you see someones question as not to your liking, call it stupid.

Certainly gives our youth reasons to ask questions.

You should be ashamed of yourself. But you proabably are not. You are the all knowing seer.

Go for it.

Let me give you a little background here. I have never, ever had anybody on the right answer one question that I asked on these boards. If I post an article or ask them about something, all I get are curses, name calling, and general idiocy.

But yet I am supposed to take that and answer their questions like a good little girl?? I think not!!! You people don't want us to give you an answer. You just want another reason to cuss and name call all over again.

But I am supposed to be ashamed??? Please!!!

LOL!

You all have your knickers in a twist over the incident - and then get the vapors when someone is actually held accountable.

How precious.

I think their point is that MORE ACCOUNTABLE PEOPLE were probably NOT held accountable at all.

WASHINGTON – The Republican National Committee has fired a staffer who helped organize a $1,946 visit last month to a sex-themed Hollywood club, and the GOP says it will recoup the money from a donor who also participated.

The episode is the latest in a string of questionable spending by the RNC as Republicans prepare for a costly election season in which they hope to take dozens of House and Senate seats from Democrats.

GOP fires staffer over $1,946 topless club visit - Yahoo! News

Hmmmm......sounds like a scapegoat to me.

Let me guess...they pinned it on some minimum wage nobody ....

Of course! :lol:

Where else do you expect the GOP to find new voters?

Am I glad you opened that door.

Democrats say the laws keep poor and elderly voters - meaning their voters - away from the polls because it's hard for those people to get photo IDs. But Republicans say such laws prevent voter fraud. The debate might explain why the voter-ID law in Indiana got all its "yes" votes from Republicans and all its "no" votes from Democrats.
Beer, Cigarettes and Voting: ID, Please : NPR

The Obama Justice Department has rejected Georgia’s voter ID system that requires voters provide Social Security numbers and driver’s license data in order to vote. The rejection letter cites the law’s disproportionate impact on “African-American, Asian and/or Hispanic voters” that burdens their right to vote.
Patterico's Pontifications DOJ Rejects Georgia Voter ID System

Although liberal media support the old wives tale of GOP voter suppression by requiring identification, careful analysis shows a quite different reality:

“The findings of this analysis suggest that voter identification requirements, such as requiring non-photo and photo identification, have virtually no suppressive effect on reported voter turnout.
Controlling for factors that influence voter turn¬out, states with stricter voter identification laws largely do not have the claimed negative impact on voter turnout when compared to states with more lenient voter identification laws.
For a thorough statistical analysis of the effect of voter identification requirements:
New Analysis Shows Voter Identification Laws Do Not Reduce Turnout | The Heritage Foundation

"The Constitution grants states the authority to determine "the Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections," but Hillary Clinton and John Kerry are pushing a Count Every Vote Act that would, among other things, force states to allow voters to register at the polls and declaring Election Day a federal holiday. And then they want to force every state to let felons vote--even though the 14th Amendment specifically permits states to disfranchise citizens convicted of "participation in rebellion, or other crime."
John Fund on the Trail - WSJ.com

Next time, think before you post: act conservatively.

Jeeze. Lot of interest of what perks they give to donors.

Who cares. This wasn't taxpayer money so who care if they took a couple of young gun donors out for an evening of fun?? I sure don't.

Also. anyone who thinks the DNC doesn't do the same for their donors is just plain nuts. The only difference is the person doing up the expenses sheet was smart enough to put down "miscellaneous" instead of the" Voyuer club". LOL.

Smart? I don't think so. From what I read they described it as meals and the name of the club apparently WAS used. It's actually dishonest to describe it as miscellaneous if there was a 'real' category to charge it to.

Steele should be fired, but God I hope not. He is gold for us.

Wow. If Steele should be fired because a staffer made a stupid decision over $2K, then what should Obama do for having people on his staff who don't pay their taxes?

Democrats say the laws keep poor and elderly voters - meaning their voters - away from the polls because it's hard for those people to get photo IDs. But Republicans say such laws prevent voter fraud. The debate might explain why the voter-ID law in Indiana got all its "yes" votes from Republicans and all its "no" votes from Democrats.

The Obama Justice Department has rejected Georgia’s voter ID system that requires voters provide Social Security numbers and driver’s license data in order to vote. The rejection letter cites the law’s disproportionate impact on “African-American, Asian and/or Hispanic voters” that burdens their right to vote.

Although liberal media support the old wives tale of GOP voter suppression by requiring identification, careful analysis shows a quite different reality:

“The findings of this analysis suggest that voter identification requirements, such as requiring non-photo and photo identification, have virtually no suppressive effect on reported voter turnout.
Controlling for factors that influence voter turn¬out, states with stricter voter identification laws largely do not have the claimed negative impact on voter turnout when compared to states with more lenient voter identification laws.
For a thorough statistical analysis of the effect of voter identification requirements:
New Analysis Shows Voter Identification Laws Do Not Reduce Turnout | The Heritage Foundation

"The Constitution grants states the authority to determine "the Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections," but Hillary Clinton and John Kerry are pushing a Count Every Vote Act that would, among other things, force states to allow voters to register at the polls and declaring Election Day a federal holiday. And then they want to force every state to let felons vote--even though the 14th Amendment specifically permits states to disfranchise citizens convicted of "participation in rebellion, or other crime."

What does that have to do with registering strippers to vote?

"Free lapdance to anyone who registers Republican"

??????? So, you're comparing enforcing a law/court ruling to not disenfranchise people to using sex to attract people already franchised to vote for your party???

Last edited:

Wow. If Steele should be fired because a staffer made a stupid decision over $2K, then what should Obama do for having people on his staff who don't pay their taxes?

You guy just can't make apt comparisons. Firing someone for something done while they worked for you is one thing, firing them for something they didn't do BEFORE they came to work for you is a whole other thing. You guys have a funny notion of right and/or symetry.

What does that have to do with registering strippers to vote?

"Free lapdance to anyone who registers Republican"

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your response is tongue in cheek.

'Cause it's either that or just plain dumb.

You were suggesting that there is some underhanded or disreputable attempt to find voters by the GOP..."Where else do you expect the GOP to find new voters."

And I simply described the Dem side as more inappropritate by a degree of magitude.
1. Encouraging voter fraud by refusing more stringent proof of identity.

2. Looking for votes in prison.

Stand up guys, those Dems, huh?

??????? So, you're comparing enforcing a law/court ruling to not disenfranchise people to using sex to attract people already franchised to vote for your party???

Those first seven symbols, you copied them from your forehead?

Are you playing dumb, or...

Democrats abet voter fraud.

Democrats want felons to vote because they vote Democrat.

OK, play with that now.

WASHINGTON – The Republican National Committee has fired a staffer who helped organize a $1,946 visit last month to a sex-themed Hollywood club, and the GOP says it will recoup the money from a donor who also participated.

The episode is the latest in a string of questionable spending by the RNC as Republicans prepare for a costly election season in which they hope to take dozens of House and Senate seats from Democrats.

GOP fires staffer over $1,946 topless club visit - Yahoo! News

Hmmmm......sounds like a scapegoat to me.

Let me guess...they pinned it on some minimum wage nobody ....

Of course! :lol:

And exactly who did Rangel pin his ethics issues on?

Interesting that you find a valid question that can easily be answered yes or no as stupid.

You are exactly what is wrong with America today. If you see someones question as not to your liking, call it stupid.

You should be ashamed of yourself. But you proabably are not. You are the all knowing seer.

Go for it.

Let me give you a little background here. I have never, ever had anybody on the right answer one question that I asked on these boards. If I post an article or ask them about something, all I get are curses, name calling, and general idiocy.

But yet I am supposed to take that and answer their questions like a good little girl?? I think not!!! You people don't want us to give you an answer. You just want another reason to cuss and name call all over again.

I suggest you make judgement calls based on actions, not assumptions. I have had very civil debates on this board over the last week or so. I have admiited fault when I was wrong and I have thanked many for teaching me. Likewsie, many have returned the civility.

I have not cursed on here and the only time I insulted anyone was when they said something that was so outlandishly partisan, that I felt compelled to wake them up.

Furthermore, I have made it quite clear that I see both parties as a bunch of children with only their own political expediency in mind.

The only ones that seem to have an issue with me for no apparent reason other than the fact that I have a different viewpoint than they do are you, Truthmatters, and Marcatl.

Why is that?

You guy just can't make apt comparisons. Firing someone for something done while they worked for you is one thing, firing them for something they didn't do BEFORE they came to work for you is a whole other thing. You guys have a funny notion of right and/or symetry.

You're correct.

Going to a strip club is not against the law.

Not paying taxes is.

It was wrong of me to smear the GOP by making an analogy about executive accountability and Obama's pack of tax cheats.

I say get rid of them all.
From Steele to Geithner to Rangel.
None of them can be trusted. All of them think they deserve more than the American people.
But that is me.

I say get rid of them all.
From Steele to Geithner to Rangel.
None of them can be trusted. All of them think they deserve more than the American people.
But that is me.

I think you put your finger on it.

We seem to have established a special group, and American aristocracy.

An earlier post disclaimed approaching a famous person in a threatening manner.
This is wrong thinking, and a sign of how jaded we have become.
Every individual should be treated in the same way: no person should be approached in that manner.

Threats against the least of us should be viewed in the same manner as threatening a Senator,,,and vice versa.

Recall the story of Senator Kerry marching into a restaurant, to the head of the line of waiting patrons, and asking "Do you know who I am?"

Wrong.

Go for it.

Amen, I've found this to be the case in most cases. Not even just asking a question, you state an argument supported in logic and reasoning and many just blow it of, completely ignore it, or post totally irrelevant response having nothing to do with the argument

Forum List

Back