GOP Establishment 'Terrified' By Newt

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Charles Babington

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Republican insiders are rising up to cut Newt Gingrich down to size, testament to the GOP establishment's fear that the mercurial candidate could lead the party to disaster this fall.

The gathering criticisms are bitingly sharp, as if edged by a touch of panic, a remarkable development considering the target once was speaker of the House and will go down in history as leader of the Republicans' 1994 return to power in Congress. The intended beneficiary is Mitt Romney, a once-moderate Massachusetts governor whom many rank-and-file Republicans view with suspicion.

"The Republican establishment might not be wild about Mitt Romney, but they're terrified by Newt Gingrich," said Dan Schnur, a former GOP campaign strategist who teaches politics at the University of Southern California.

More: Newt Gingrich 2012: Republican Insiders Rise Up To Cut Candidate Down To Size

They are wise to be 'terrified' by Newt. We really don't need another brat in the White House. Didn't work with the previous Administration, hasn't worked in this Administration.

With him on the top of the ticket, many conservatives think that Repubs might lose the House, back to Nancy :cool: , & possibly the Senate :clap2:

http://lonelyconservative.com/2012/01/newt-electable/#ooid=9sMWJjMzq3lhJWhAGwfUJkCaR0LAabVD
Some Republicans are voting for Newt Gingrich because they say he’s the most electable candidate. I don’t know where they get that idea. Here’s Britt Hume on Newt’s national approval ratings and how Republicans in Congress are afraid that Newt being at the top of the ticket will mean huge losses in the House and Senate.

Last edited:
Gee? I thought the left wanted newt to run...or was that Romney? Cain?

I'm reminded of what Bill Clinton said in 1996 when a reporter asked about the GOP nomination race. After dodging the question several times, he finally said, "If they want me to pick someone for 'em, I'll be happy to oblige."

Most Obama supporters that I know would prefer Gingrich win the GOP nomination. They believe that would offer the best scenario for Obama's re-election, retaking the House, and keeping the Senate. I agree.

Go Newt!!!!!

By Charles Babington

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Republican insiders are rising up to cut Newt Gingrich down to size, testament to the GOP establishment's fear that the mercurial candidate could lead the party to disaster this fall.

The gathering criticisms are bitingly sharp, as if edged by a touch of panic, a remarkable development considering the target once was speaker of the House and will go down in history as leader of the Republicans' 1994 return to power in Congress. The intended beneficiary is Mitt Romney, a once-moderate Massachusetts governor whom many rank-and-file Republicans view with suspicion.

"The Republican establishment might not be wild about Mitt Romney, but they're terrified by Newt Gingrich," said Dan Schnur, a former GOP campaign strategist who teaches politics at the University of Southern California.

More: Newt Gingrich 2012: Republican Insiders Rise Up To Cut Candidate Down To Size

More Huffington Post crap, Lakhota? Why bother?

You know when you get posts from the radical left advising republicans who to support there is something fishy going on. Generally you can count on Alinsky tactics to be at work.

By Charles Babington

The ONLY thing establishment republicans are terrified of--is losing accessibility to the millions of dollars in Romney pac campaign funds. That's why they in an all out assault against Newt Gingrich.

Romney--worth 250 million dollars has been running for President for the last 6 years. He has endorsed many republicans and donated heavily to their own campaigns. He is now calling in all past favors--and they have declared a multiple sided assault on Newt Gingrich.

The Republican establishment is more afraid of losing Mr. Money bags- (Mitt Romney)-than they are of losing this election to Barack Obama.

Most Obama supporters that I know would prefer Gingrich win the GOP nomination. They believe that would offer the best scenario for Obama's re-election, retaking the House, and keeping the Senate. I agree.

Go Newt!!!!!

Yeah and they also prefered Reagan over Ford(Reagan was going to be an easy win, lol) and W over McCain for much the same reason.

I have always figured the lefts pretty much incompetent, but I guess now we can add just 'plain ole stupid' to the list as well.

By Charles Babington

Good. The establishment protecting the status quo in BOTH parties is the problem. We need someone in there to scare them so bad they flee town forever.

Go Newt!!!!!

Yeah and they also prefered Reagan over Ford(Reagan was going to be an easy win, lol) and W over McCain for much the same reason.

I have always figured the lefts pretty much incompetent, but I guess now we can add just 'plain ole stupid' to the list as well.
They tell you who not to vote for by who they support. They tell you who might be a better choice by who they vilify.

New Topics

Forum List

Back