GOP divided in Congress?

anyone notice all these articles about how the Gop is always divided?

so what does that say when WE DON'T SEE them on how Democrats are DIVIDED?

It means they all vote in LOCKSTEP, RUBBERSTAMPING everything the Obama wants. like good little commie sheep.

I hear part of their 2012 campaign is jackboots

anyone notice all these articles about how the Gop is always divided?

so what does that say when WE DON'T SEE them on how Democrats are DIVIDED?

It means they all vote in LOCKSTEP, RUBBERSTAMPING everything the Obama wants. like good little commie sheep.

????

No one is talking about Democrats being divided because Democrats are usually divided. Republicans always vote down party lines. You don't know this? It's just the basics.

Man. People will just spew out whatever they think when they have no idea what they're talking about. It's the Democrats who always vote down party lines, not the Republican! Are you kidding me? Did you see the Bush presidency? Talk about rubber stamping! And then last term. The discipline that the Republicans had in the Senate last term, filibustering everything with a perfect 40 vote block.

I'm not even trying to be partisan here. It's not a bad thing that they always vote down party lines. It's just a thing. You don't have to see me say something about Republicans, and just repeat the same thing about the Democrats as if it were true.

I'm starting to get frustrated with people's ignorance. I'm trying to have a non-partisan conversation in which people who actually know what they're talking about discuss things like adults. Maybe I should find another web site.

Last edited:
The need to eliminate political parties is becoming more evident by the day. Without political parties maybe politicians can do a little original thinking on their own instead of falling lockstep behind a figurehead leader.

The two-party system does not seem to be serving us well. For one thing, it creates this false dichotomy in which everyone thinks that you're either on one side or the other. But there are some very important things that both parties stand together on, and other viewpoints are just not represented.

I wouldn't suggest no parties. That just seems a little silly. But a European style parliamentary system would be much more representative than what we have now.

It doesn't happen very often. At least it didn't used to. Until recently, the Republicans have held a very strict discipline. They may have their disagreements in private. But in public, they never speak ill of another Republican. They always vote as a block. And they always have the same talking points.

So what's to make of the recent refusal of over 80 Republican Congressmen to vote against the 2011 budget compromise? It seems like an escalation of a simmering tension between the Tea Party and the GOP center.

Actually, it used to happen a lot, when they voted their conscience rather than marching in lock step. That lock step thing only began when Reagan was elected president.

Last edited:
Where did the myth about GOP "strict dicipline" come from? George Soros dirty tricks tax exempt think tanks? Republicans have been squabbling since Lincoln. Democrats are the ones with strict dicipline. You throw your family values in the garbage when you get elected as a democrat. How many pro-life democrats are there? What happened to Joe Lieberman when he refused to undermine the Iraq war?

Forum List

Back