GOP Dials Back the Clock on Progress for Women

The GOP is oppressing women?

How about the Islamic ideology which Obama is quietly supporting in it's global attempt to take over governments one at a time? That ideology stones and murders women for daring to have a sexual relationship with a man, or even going into public without a man's permission. Thats real oppression, yet, Obama is supporting the rise of that ideology.................................BUT, DON'T FORGET HOW STOO STOO STOO STUPID PALIN AND MICHELLE BACHMAN ARE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT? HUH? PALIN IS STUPID, RIGHT!!!??

Lest someone conclude that I think women inferior to men I will qualify the notion,, they are as a gender weaker physically as a rule but just as intelligent as a rule. Women get theirs.
This statement made to ransom some pot roast cooked by the smartest woman I know,,, personally.

Last edited:
Sen. Richard Blumenthal: GOP Dials Back the Clock on Progress for Women

The bills introduced by Representatives Mike Pence and Christopher Smith take an unprecedented step of blocking women's access to the reproductive health care they need and have a right to -- and I will strongly oppose them. These bills seek to overturn years of long-standing legal doctrine and, even worse, they endanger the health of women in this country by attempting to end insurance coverage -- including private coverage -- for all abortions. We cannot allow women's health to be jeopardized by limiting the options that they and their doctors have when it comes to their reproductive health care.

Or you could say a Big step forward for the Rights of unborn Babies :)

But that is not as catchy sounding.

good gawd, so not having the Federal Government use TAXPAYERS monies for women to kill their own children, is now dialing back the clock on women's progress.

Another clueless fright-winger who doesn't know what she is talking about. Obama already signed an executive order banning ALL tax payer funding for abortions. Second, the bil in question has language in it that limits the rights of women. It says that only incest and forcible rape should be exemptions to the ban on federal funding for abortions. Do you understand what that means? It means, for example, that if a woman is slipped a date rape drug, and is subsequently raped and impregnated, she would have to prove that she was physically forced to have sex. Under the GOP's proposal, simply being drugged and waking up pregnant won't qualify. Being a woman, I'd think that you would be opposed to such draconian measures.

Pay attention. This isn't about abortion in general. It's about women who use gov't health care subsidies being able to abort after being raped. Do you call limiting the rights of women 'progress'?

Blumenthal is one sick SOB and you all who elected him are too.

Like I give a shit what some dumbass rightie thinks.

Most abortions in this country is by choice for use as BIRTHCONTROL.
that is a sad damn fact, and I guess what you all call, Progress.
and why should I be forced to pay for others HEALTH CARE? I pay for my own by working.

And what does any of that have to do with the fact that the GOP is trying to limit women's rights. Do you think it's ok for a rape victim to be denied coverage for an abortion simply because she can't prove that she was physically forced to have sex?

Another clueless fright-winger who doesn't know what she is talking about. Obama already signed an executive order banning ALL tax payer funding for abortions. Second, the bil in question has language in it that limits the rights of women. It says that only incest and forcible rape should be exemptions to the ban on federal funding for abortions. Do you understand what that means? It means, for example, that if a woman is slipped a date rape drug, and is subsequently raped and impregnated, she would have to prove that she was physically forced to have sex. Under the GOP's proposal, simply being drugged and waking up pregnant won't qualify. Being a woman, I'd think that you would be opposed to such draconian measures.

Pay attention. This isn't about abortion in general. It's about women who use gov't health care subsidies being able to abort after being raped. Do you call limiting the rights of women 'progress'?

and why should I be forced to pay for others HEALTH CARE? I pay for my own by working.

And what does any of that have to do with the fact that the GOP is trying to limit women's rights. Do you think it's ok for a rape victim to be denied coverage for an abortion simply because she can't prove that she was physically forced to have sex?

Wouldn't she report the rape? Most know after a date rape drug that they were raped...right?

I think abortion is a good thing...just think how many more thugs and gangsters we'd have in jails across the country if they weren't killing them before they had to raise them to be thugs and gangsters. We would be paying to feed them, house them and clothe them in the penal system. It's cheaper to just kill em before they ever breathe a single breath.

What we should do to protect women from rape and incest is abort the bastard that committed the crime on the spot. No death row, no appeals court, no chance for life after conviction. Cut his nuts off and let him bleed out. After a few of those, the rapist will begin to think before he pounces.

Stupidest post of the day :cuckoo:

good gawd, so not having the Federal Government use TAXPAYERS monies for women to kill their own children, is now dialing back the clock on women's progress.

Seems this is self explanatory to someone with the least amount of common sense. :cuckoo:
In a court of law the use of a date rape drug is considered rape.

What the legal system considers rape is irrelevant. If the GOP gets their way, a rape victim would have to prove that she was forcibly raped (physically held down and raped) before she would qualify for an exemption to the law that prohibits federal funding for abortions.

I don't call abortion a right. I call free speech a right. I can get it anytime and don't need to pay someone to get it.

Unfortunately, the Supreme Court disagrees with you, and has established that a woman's abortion rights are protected by the constitution.

I find it interesting that from what the OP says, this bill will prohibit private insurance from covering abortions. I thought the GOP supported keeping government OUT of private business?
Did you read the bill? It makes abortion illegal, not controlling insurance companies.

Hence, NOT LEGAL SO YOU CAN'T FINANCE ILLEGAL ACTIVITY...

Wrong. It does not make abortion illegal. I don't know where you got that from.

The GOP is oppressing women?

How about the Islamic ideology which Obama is quietly supporting in it's global attempt to take over governments one at a time? That ideology stones and murders women for daring to have a sexual relationship with a man, or even going into public without a man's permission. Thats real oppression, yet, Obama is supporting the rise of that ideology.................................BUT, DON'T FORGET HOW STOO STOO STOO STUPID PALIN AND MICHELLE BACHMAN ARE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT? HUH? PALIN IS STUPID, RIGHT!!!??
Personally I don't bye into this, he has made it pretty clear that he supports Democracy in the middle east.

Some think him being tight lipped on IRAN was a poor decision, but the reality is that saying anything is a bad idea. What would coming out saying anything accomplish? If he is not ready to start a war than there is nothing good that could come out of it.

In Egypt I wish he hadn't come out and said anything. If Mubark keeps power than we just alienated a key allied Country, we don't know who would succeed Mubark as it is. There are things that would support your statement but I don't think he truly wants radical islam or sharia law in place. I do believe there are things we as citizens don't know that play a vital roll in his actions and things that people would normally change their views on once in the actual postiton with all the facts and experts in place..

The problem is that at what point is becomes appropriate to think in terms of an "unborn baby" as opposed to an undeveloped proto-person is a question of widely divergent opinion, and the study of medicine is far from being able to provide any kind of definitive answer. That is why this becomes a matter of personal rights. Each person has the right to develop their own conclusions, and every woman has the right to act in accordance with the conclusions to which she comes and, with the advice of her doctor, make her own decisions that weight her health with her conclusions as to at what point the collection of cells inside her body become a distinct life from herself.

I personally find abortion disgusting, but no one is DENYING anyone from having one, just not ON OUR DIME. they can get knocked up, they can pay for the killing of their unborn child. Yes rape is horrible, but that STILL doesn't mean I have to help pay for her killing the child. that's just the way I see it.

Unfortunately, the Supreme Court disagrees with you, and has established that a woman's abortion rights are protected by the constitution.

I find it interesting that from what the OP says, this bill will prohibit private insurance from covering abortions. I thought the GOP supported keeping government OUT of private business?
Did you read the bill? It makes abortion illegal, not controlling insurance companies.

Hence, NOT LEGAL SO YOU CAN'T FINANCE ILLEGAL ACTIVITY...

Wrong. It does not make abortion illegal. I don't know where you got that from.

That's what I read on the Newsweek article, I could be wrong, I haven't read the PDF file from the House.gov though, haven't been able to find the draft.

How exactly can Obama have banned federal funding for abortion and while at the same time the GOP are supposedly taking away federal funds for certain people to have abortions? Either there is no federal funding already or the GOP is trying to restrict it. It's certainly not both.

Good question. I suggest you ask the GOP. They seem to think that fed funding for abortion is in widespread use. But it's not. It's already banned except in cases of rape, incest, or the health of the mother. The GOP just wants to make it harder for a woman to prove that she has been raped.

On another note, I find it quite interesting that the GOP said they'd spend all of their time with in the House with their new majority tackling economic issues - jobs jobs jobs. They complained that Dems wasted time on health care, but so far, all they've done is attempt to repeal HC reform (which is a complete waste of time), attempt to force conservative ideals on women's rights, and suggest draconian cuts to much needed programs (notice they're not really touching defense). Where are the jobs, Mr. Boehner?

I personally find abortion disgusting, but no one is DENYING anyone from having one, just not ON OUR DIME. they can get knocked up, they can pay for the killing of their unborn child. Yes rape is horrible, but that STILL doesn't mean I have to help pay for her killing the child. that's just the way I see it.

Fair enough. But I find it a little disturbing that a woman would so easily be willing to throw out rights for women.

Fair enough. But I find it a little disturbing that a woman would so easily be willing to throw out rights for women.

We all have the SAME rights. I just don't expect the Taxpayers and the Federal Government to PAY FOR IT. Grew up in the old school I guess.

On another note, I find it quite interesting that the GOP said they'd spend all of their time with in the House with their new majority tackling economic issues - jobs jobs jobs. They complained that Dems wasted time on health care, but so far, all they've done is attempt to repeal HC reform (which is a complete waste of time), attempt to force conservative ideals on women's rights, and suggest draconian cuts to much needed programs (notice they're not really touching defense). Where are the jobs, Mr. Boehner?

This is no different than liberals trying to take my rights to own firearms away. You want abortions, fine! Pay for it yourself. I don't see the Government paying for my guns.

You want your rights, I want mine. We don't agree but in the end we both want the same thing, the Government to stay the fuck out of our choices and rights.

The problem is that at what point is becomes appropriate to think in terms of an "unborn baby" as opposed to an undeveloped proto-person is a question of widely divergent opinion, and the study of medicine is far from being able to provide any kind of definitive answer. That is why this becomes a matter of personal rights. Each person has the right to develop their own conclusions, and every woman has the right to act in accordance with the conclusions to which she comes and, with the advice of her doctor, make her own decisions that weight her health with her conclusions as to at what point the collection of cells inside her body become a distinct life from herself.

Well, I don't know what you do for a living, but you're definitely not a doctor or a biologist.

I find it more than a ltitle disturbing that a man would feel justified in telling a woman what her opinions about her own "rights" ought to be.

Feminists like to say that men don't have abortions, so they shouldn't get to have an opinion. Right at this moment, I'm inclined to agree.

If she has private insurance, then it's a matter for her insurance company to decide as to whether they wish to cover it, like any other medical procedure.

If you're talking about "coverage" as in me, the taxpayer, paying for it, you're damned right I think it's okay to deny her MY money. I'M not the one who raped her; why should I pay for it?

Forum List

Back