GOP destroyed US economy

ap_logo_106.png
Jobs picture dims as unemployment claims rise!

The employment picture is looking bleaker as applications for jobless benefits rose last week to the highest level in almost six months. It's a sign that hiring is weak and employers are still cutting their staffs.

First-time claims for jobless benefits edged up by 2,000 to a seasonally adjusted 484,000, the Labor Department said Thursday. Analysts had expected a drop. That's the highest total since February.

Initial claims have now risen in three of the last four weeks and are close to their high point for the year of 490,000, reached in late January. The four-week average, which smooths volatility, soared by 14,250 to 473,500, also the highest since late February. Analysts said that the unexpected rise in claims suggests hiring in August won't be much better than July.

Workforce Since Obama became President

fredgraph.png

Workforce Since Democrats took over Congress

fredgraph.png

Last edited:
No comment, none needed. The truth hurts.

Reagan insider: GOP destroyed economy Paul B. Farrell - MarketWatch

"We've arrived at a historic turning point as a nation that no longer needs outside enemies to destroy us, we are committing suicide. Democracy. Capitalism. The American dream. All dying. Why? Because of the economic decisions of the GOP the past 40 years, says this leading Reagan Republican.

Please listen with an open mind, no matter your party affiliation: This makes for a powerful history lesson, because it exposes how both parties are responsible for destroying the U.S. economy. Listen closely: "

"In the past 40 years Republican ideology has gone from solid principles to hype and slogans. Stockman says: "Republicans used to believe that prosperity depended upon the regular balancing of accounts -- in government, in international trade, on the ledgers of central banks and in the financial affairs of private households and businesses too."

No more. Today there's a "new catechism" that's "little more than money printing and deficit finance, vulgar Keynesianism robed in the ideological vestments of the prosperous classes" making a mockery of GOP ideals. Worse, it has resulted in "serial financial bubbles and Wall Street depredations that have crippled our economy." Yes, GOP ideals backfired, crippling our economy.

Stockman's indictment warns that the Republican party's "new policy doctrines have caused four great deformations of the national economy, and modern Republicans have turned a blind eye to each one:"

Its true that the republicans are responsible for INITIALLY destroying the economy.No doubts whatsoever about that.Bush got us into the recession.Everybody knows that.In sept 2008 when I went to new york to see old yankee stadium before they tore it down,it was all over the front pages of the new york times headlines saying-Recession,worst ever since great depression. anybody who doubts this such as hypocrite Pale Rider for instance who blames everything on Obama,can find this out for themselves just by going back through the archives of the new york times in sept 2008 when Bush was still president.

Its true that the republicans got us into this mess inititially with the wrecked economy,but Obama has expanded it and made it worse.He has taken no actions to improve it,just continue what the Bush administration started and had made it worse.Hate to give Bush lover Pale Rider ammunition there but its true.Obama just like Bush,is not for us.

We only need to follow the years the Republicans were in power. Every single time, there follows a sharp decline in the economy.

One wonders where they get this need to turn rich people into "deities" and "corporations" into a type of "secular church" in who they give all "trust".

Republicans trust BP and Hugo Chavez owned Citgo and Arab own Fox news over the US government. A government made up of "citizens" and neighbors we "vote" for. At least they are honest enough they won't deny it.

except as much as I hate to give Bush lover Pale Rider credit for,the economy has tanked even worse under Obama than it did under Bush, who as the chart proves what i was saying to be true,was the one who originally got us here into the recession in the first place.

Last edited:

"We've arrived at a historic turning point as a nation that no longer needs outside enemies to destroy us, we are committing suicide. Democracy. Capitalism. The American dream. All dying. Why? Because of the economic decisions of the GOP the past 40 years, says this leading Reagan Republican.

Please listen with an open mind, no matter your party affiliation: This makes for a powerful history lesson, because it exposes how both parties are responsible for destroying the U.S. economy. Listen closely: "

"In the past 40 years Republican ideology has gone from solid principles to hype and slogans. Stockman says: "Republicans used to believe that prosperity depended upon the regular balancing of accounts -- in government, in international trade, on the ledgers of central banks and in the financial affairs of private households and businesses too."

No more. Today there's a "new catechism" that's "little more than money printing and deficit finance, vulgar Keynesianism robed in the ideological vestments of the prosperous classes" making a mockery of GOP ideals. Worse, it has resulted in "serial financial bubbles and Wall Street depredations that have crippled our economy." Yes, GOP ideals backfired, crippling our economy.

Stockman's indictment warns that the Republican party's "new policy doctrines have caused four great deformations of the national economy, and modern Republicans have turned a blind eye to each one:"

Its true that the republicans are responsible for INITIALLY destroying the economy.No doubts whatsoever about that.Bush got us into the recession.Everybody knows that.In sept 2008 when I went to new york to see old yankee stadium before they tore it down,it was all over the front pages of the new york times headlines saying-Recession,worst ever since great depression. anybody who doubts this such as hypocrite Pale Rider for instance who blames everything on Obama,can find this out for themselves just by going back through the archives of the new york times in sept 2008 when Bush was still president.

Its true that the republicans got us into this mess inititially with the wrecked economy,but Obama has expanded it and made it worse.He has taken no actions to improve it,just continue what the Bush administration started and had made it worse.Hate to give Bush lover Pale Rider ammunition there but its true.Obama just like Bush,is not for us.

Because the headlines in the NY Times says so ????

hahahha, HAHAHHAHA,,,,,,,,,,,,BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

The dems were in charge of congress when everything started down hill

Bush was handed an economy that was slumping, he turned it around.

Because the headlines in the NY Times says so ????

hahahha, HAHAHHAHA,,,,,,,,,,,,BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

The dems were in charge of congress when everything started down hill

Bush was handed an economy that was slumping, he turned it around.

stop telling fairy tales,he got us here in the first place,jobs were being lost constantly left and right under his administration and no,he was handed an economy that was doing well and then made us into the mess we are in now. Obama was handed a mess to him and made it worse.everybody knows that.lol:

Last edited:
Just keep your head buried in the sand & keep voting straight Democratic ticket like a good stupid little slave.

I'm a registered Republican and have never voted a straight ticket in my life

Merely commenting in your War and Peace of a post. Reference your source and make a valid point on it. We are not here to read endless screeds

You are no Republican. You are a died in the wool communist democrat. I did not post a war & peace screed. It is a fact based historical account of the subprime economic meltdown & included most factual links.

I voted for Reagan and Daddy Bush four times and still vote Republican in state and local elections. I am afraid the National Republican Party abandoned me 16 years ago in it swing to the right. They are no longer a party I can support in good conscience.
Until such time as they run a more moderate platform and abandon their rhetoric of hate and division, I will continue to support Democrats at the national level

Double-entry accounting is 700 years old.

When have Republicans, Democrats or Educators suggested that it be mandatory in the schools?

Economic growth is going into debt for junk designed to become obsolete if you ignore the Demand Side Depreciation of the junk. :eusa_whistle:

psik

You americans are so painfully stupid it is beyond laughable. After reading this discussion and listening to your brainwashing "pravda" style retarded media I can honestly say america deserves to collapse.

Yes, republican ideology led to this mess. Democrats being also sell outs to special interests added to it.

Bush inherited a $200 Billion surplus and left a $1,3 Trillion deficit. The deficit for 2009 was projected to be $1,3 Trillion in early January 2009, before Obama even became president. But I bet Faux News never mentions that. And when have your stupid tax cuts created jobs??? The lowest taxes rich people paid in USA during the last 100 years was during 1920s and 2000s. Bush years had the lowest number of jobs created in decades. 7 times less jobs created than under Clinton and "commie" taxes. Oh, by the way, when did the two biggest economic disasters during the last 100 years happen?

Majority of the deficit is #1 tax cuts for rich, #2 wars, #3 recession.

And that isn't even your biggest problem. The biggest problem you retarded yankees have is your incredibly childish partisan environment where grown educated men behave like little babies after listening to their dose of braindead zombie orders from radio or TV.

And it is not just your deficit. Your labor laws, quality of life is starting to look more and more like something in a third world country. You think western europe is "communist"? We got the highest quality of life and we have Americans living in western europe. They say they're NEVER going back: search "how bad are american labor practicies- this bad" on reddit.

Please elect that idiot Sarah Palin next time so we can laugh even more at your freakshow of a country.

You're all retarded.

Last edited:
And tell me, oh wise one, a SINGLE thing democracts managed to get passed in your paralyzed retarded freakshow of a government in 2008 and 2009? They can't even suggest doing something without the zombie faux news army eating them alive.

Your country is finished. That article is correct. Start stocking canned food in your basement. Retard. :clap2:

Are any of you still dumb enough to believe that the congress or president runs your country? USA is run by Fox News and Wall Street. Period. Congrats on becoming the first dictatorship where the people give up their freedoms willingly. The fearmongering partisan media divides you clowns on purpose, so you hate each other with a passion. And then they rob your stupid asses blind.

Btw, they're coming after your social security and retirement. It is the last piggy bank left Wall Street has not broken into yet. SS should be 100% solvent unti 2037 and have a $2,5 Trillion surpluss. But it ain't, because they've been stealing from it ever since Reagan gave those irresponsible tax cuts to rich people.

You're all happily letting a bunch of greedy bastards rob you and destroy your country. Only in Amerikka.

Like i said, you're all retarded.

Last edited:
You americans are so painfully stupid it is beyond laughable. After reading this discussion and listening to your brainwashing "pravda" style retarded media I can honestly say america deserves to collapse.

Yes, republican ideology led to this mess. Democrats being also sell outs to special interests added to it.

Bush inherited a $200 Billion surplus and left a $1,3 Trillion deficit. The deficit for 2009 was projected to be $1,3 Trillion in early January 2009, before Obama even became president. But I bet Faux News never mentions that. And when have your stupid tax cuts created jobs??? The lowest taxes rich people paid in USA during the last 100 years was during 1920s and 2000s. Bush years had the lowest number of jobs created in decades. 7 times less jobs created than under Clinton and "commie" taxes. Oh, by the way, when did the two biggest economic disasters during the last 100 years happen?

And that isn't even your biggest problem. The biggest problem you retarded yankees have is your incredibly childish partisan environment where grown educated men behave like little babies after listening to their dose of braindead zombie orders from radio or TV.

And it is not just your deficit. Your labor laws, quality of life is starting to look more and more like something in a third world country. You think western europe is "communist"? We got the highest quality of life and we have Americans living in western europe. They say they're NEVER going back: search "how bad are american labor practicies- this bad" on reddit.

Please elect that idiot Sarah Palin next time so we can laugh even more at your freakshow of a country.

You're all retarded.

We don't care what you think.

You don't matter.

Last edited:

You're all retarded.

And tell me, oh wise one, a SINGLE thing democracts managed to get passed in your paralyzed retarded freakshow of a government in 2008 and 2009? They can't even suggest doing something without the zombie faux news army eating them alive.

Your country is finished. That article is correct. Start stocking canned food in your basement. Retard. :clap2:

Are any of you still dumb enough to believe that the congress or president runs your country? USA is run by Fox News and Wall Street. Period. Congrats on becoming the first dictatorship where the people give up their freedoms willingly. The fearmongering partisan media divides you clowns on purpose, so you hate each other with a passion. And then they rob your stupid asses blind.

Btw, they're coming after your social security and retirement. It is the last piggy bank left Wall Street has not broken into yet. SS should be 100% solvent unti 2037 and have a $2,5 Trillion surpluss. But it ain't, because they've been stealing from it ever since Reagan gave those irresponsible tax cuts to rich people.

You're all happily letting a bunch of greedy bastards rob you and destroy your country. Only in Amerikka.

That's a whole lot of angst. Too much for someone who is so sure that we've got it wrong here in the US.

Where are you from?

You're all retarded.

We don't care what you think.

You don't matter.

speak for yourself.at least he speaks the truth unlike you.

well not ALL of us here are but true,many posters here are.

This is demand destruction, pure and simple, in the face of dwindling energy resources. It is an effort to mitigate the ramifications of a geological certainty. It will continue to get worse, and both sides of the aisle will continue to blame eachother. Rinse, repeat.

The more we bicker with eachother, the less we focus on the fact that we have too many people, and not enough natural resources to sustain. That's just how they want it.

Grow up, and get past the denial stage of grief.

Forum List

Back