GOP decries looming 'regulatory cliff' in new term

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
oh well, it's what you dupes voted for, ENJOY

snip:

By MATTHEW DALY
Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) -- While the "fiscal cliff" of looming tax increases and spending cuts dominates political conversation in Washington, some Republicans and business groups see signs of a "regulatory cliff" that they say could be just as damaging to the economy.

For months, federal agencies and the White House have sidetracked dozens of major regulations that cover everything from power plant pollution to workplace safety to a crackdown on Wall Street.

The rules had been largely put on hold during the presidential campaign as the White House sought to quiet Republican charges that President Barack Obama was an overzealous regulator who is killing U.S. jobs.

But since the election, the Obama administration has quietly reopened the regulations pipeline.

In recent weeks, the Environmental Protection Agency has proposed rules to update water quality guidelines for beaches and deal with runoff from logging roads. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, meanwhile, has proposed long-delayed regulations requiring auto makers to include event data recorders - better known as "black boxes" - in all new cars and light trucks beginning in 2014.

The administration also has initiated several rules to implement its health care overhaul, including a new fee to cushion the cost of covering people with pre-existing conditions.

ALL of it here
News from The Associated Press

Last edited:
OH MY FUKING GOD.

Trying to have clean water. OMG. And controls on the titans of Wall street that tanked our economy. OMG. And health care OMG. And auto safety. OMG.

Yea I can see where this stuff would really upset an idiot like you steph.

OH MY FUKING GOD.

Trying to have clean water. OMG. And controls on the titans of Wall street that tanked our economy. OMG. And health care OMG. And auto safety. OMG.

Is this the nonsense you boys repeat to one another as you hang out on E. 55th and Hough all day?

LOL

Out here in Utah a lot of chop shops sell chips for diesel engines to get better fuel mileage, and epa officials a couple a weeks ago starting showing up at these business's shutting em down.
apparently the epa is so smart they figure a truck getting 15 miles to the gallon puts out less pollution than 1 getting 22. Figure that one out

OH MY FUKING GOD.

I wish there was a reg to stop you from using sexually explicit language and using God's name in the same sentence.

OH MY FUKING GOD.

put down the large soda, it will be (Regulated) outlawed soon enough anyway..sheep

OH MY FUKING GOD.

When was the last time you heard that your drinking water wasnt clean due to logging?
Exactly when did Obama say that there would be an additional charge for pre existing conditions?
Are you prepared to pay an extra 1 thousand dollars on a car to cover the cost of the event recorder? On the heels of the great recession? Why is it necessary? Have we been having an issue with not figuring out why a car went off the road?

Your rant is pure rhetoric...and you put absolutely no thought into it.

This is going to cost us, BIG TIME..I'd like to say you who voted for Obama DESERVE it, but unfortunately it will include all of those who didn't vote for this..

absolutely horrible administration

We can always count on government bureaucrats -- especially those in the Democrat party -- to not understand the difference between "more" regulation and "better" regulation.

As sure as the sun comes up in the morning.

But do we know that is the case on the issues raised by the OP? Stopping logging runoff from going into our oceans doesn't sound like a bad thing.

To liberals if one regulation is good, a thousand must be better. If regulations for clean water are beneficial then so are black boxes on cars. They cannot tell the difference. It's all the same.

We can always count on government bureaucrats -- especially those in the Democrat party -- to not understand the difference between "more" regulation and "better" regulation.

As sure as the sun comes up in the morning.

But do we know that is the case on the issues raised by the OP? Stopping logging runoff from going into our oceans doesn't sound like a bad thing.

Any regulation can be good, any regulation can be effective. The question is at what cost. When regulations are full of redundancies and waste, they become a significant drag on the process.

It's like sending a SWAT team to take down a Snickers shoplifter. Yes, it's effective, yes we got the guy, but it could have been done just as well, and much more efficiently, in another way.

I can tell you that the financial services industry is now pretty much a joke. Ask a financial advisor about the things they have to do in the simplest of situations now that Dodd/Frank is kicking in, and you'll just get a smile and a shake of the head.

"More" doesn't mean "better".

This is going to cost us, BIG TIME..I'd like to say you who voted for Obama DESERVE it, but unfortunately it will include all of those who didn't vote for this..

absolutely horrible administration

It has absolutely nothing to do with the people who voted for House members and their culture of "NO", eh? Wake up, it tales two to negotiate and two to play chicken. Who are the people going to blame, the president who puts out proposal after proposal or the party that looks like it wants to send the country over the cliff? GET REAL!!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back