GOP Decimates EPA Board of Science Advisors from 68 to 11.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
E.P.A. Official Pressured Scientist on Congressional Testimony, Emails Show

Deborah Swackhamer, an environmental chemist who leads the E.P.A.’s Board of Scientific Counselors, was to testify on May 23 before the House Science Committee on the role of states in environmental policy when Ryan Jackson, the E.P.A.’s chief of staff, asked her to stick to the agency’s “talking points” on the dismissals of several members of the scientific board.

“I was stunned that he was pushing me to ‘correct’ something in my testimony,” said Dr. Swackhamer, a retired University of Minnesota professor. “I was factual, and he was not. I felt bullied.”

Dr. Swackhamer’s testimony came two weeks after the dismissals, which were met with fierce pushback from a scientific community that saw it as evidence that the Trump administration is seeking to weaken the role of academic science in environmental policy.

------------------------

The greatest scientific nation ever and the GOP is dismantling it.

Balls deep people, balls deep.

The GOP plan for this country.

Balls deep.

ABOUT 314 ACTION
We are members of the STEM Community, grassroots supporters and political activists committed to bring innovation to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education, aggressively advocate for real solutions to Climate Change and elect more STEM trained candidates to public office.

HOME

Time for the scientists and academics to fight the present fascists in the admin.

Deborah Swackhamer, an environmental chemist who leads the E.P.A.’s Board of Scientific Counselors, was to testify on May 23 before the House Science Committee on the role of states in environmental policy when Ryan Jackson, the E.P.A.’s chief of staff, asked her to stick to the agency’s “talking points” on the dismissals of several members of the scientific board.

“I was stunned that he was pushing me to ‘correct’ something in my testimony,” said Dr. Swackhamer, a retired University of Minnesota professor. “I was factual, and he was not. I felt bullied.”

Dr. Swackhamer’s testimony came two weeks after the dismissals, which were met with fierce pushback from a scientific community that saw it as evidence that the Trump administration is seeking to weaken the role of academic science in environmental policy.

------------------------

Balls deep.

4266c634657917c478869b4ad421c378b91162ac16d15aaa901621f201692a7d.jpg

The intellectual level we would expect from you. Real scientists are now politically involved, and the fat senile old orange clown has a new adversarial group to deal with. As well as the GOP.

The intellectual level we would expect from you. Real scientists are now politically involved, and the fat senile old orange clown has a new adversarial group to deal with. As well as the GOP.

LMAO! REAL scientists would be screaming about the NATO geo-engineering program that is killing the biosphere. Trump needs to address the spraying of heavy metal nano-particulates because the breaking point is about to be reached.

Just because they're "real" scientists, doesn't make them good scientists. Based on the rules and regs they have been promulgating they are shit scientists doing the bidding of their bureaucratic masters and nothing more.

Now Mr. Westwall, all we have seen in your posts is constant lying, so why should we give any credibility to your opinion of scientists?

• Banned

Just because they're "real" scientists, doesn't make them good scientists. Based on the rules and regs they have been promulgating they are shit scientists doing the bidding of their bureaucratic masters and nothing more.
Because according to you, scientists have no integrity. After all, anyone can become a scientist. Right?

• Banned

LMAO! REAL scientists would be screaming about the NATO geo-engineering program that is killing the biosphere. Trump needs to address the spraying of heavy metal nano-particulates because the breaking point is about to be reached.
You think you could, uh, translate that?

Too many multi-syllable words for ya?????? Ummm, I don't speak "leftard"....do you have access to a translator????

Too many multi-syllable words for ya?????? Ummm, I don't speak "leftard"....do you have access to a translator????
The NATO geo-engineering program that is killing the biosphere?
Address the spraying of heavy metal nano-particulates?

Use all the words you want, but nonsense is nonsense.

I love GOP facts. They even made a song listing many of those facts:

GOP Decimates EPA Board of Science Advisors from 68 to 11.
:clap:
:dance:

------------------------

Balls deep.
While I appreciate the EPA a part of me says why can't 11 get it done? Why 68? If we cut every government agency in half those agencies will still exist.

The government has grown too big and government workers got it too good. Sorry but go get a job in the private market

Every president added government jobs. When the private market isn't hiring create government jobs to fix unemployment. This needs to stop. This is why I'm sort of glad Republicans are in charge. They'll cut anything unnecessary and even some necessary things.

------------------------

Balls deep.
While I appreciate the EPA a part of me says why can't 11 get it done? Why 68? If we cut every government agency in half those agencies will still exist.

The government has grown too big and government workers got it too good. Sorry but go get a job in the private market
To scientists, science is complicated.

To Republicans, science is simple.

Why? Because scientists rely on study, data, experiments and research.

Republicans are simpletons.

Every president added government jobs. When the private market isn't hiring create government jobs to fix unemployment. This needs to stop. This is why I'm sort of glad Republicans are in charge. They'll cut anything unnecessary and even some necessary things.
Barack Obama has shrunk the US federal workforce more than Ronald Reagan

CHART: Over 500,000 Government Jobs Lost Since Obama’s Inauguration
And the only programs Republicans cut are ones that help the poor and middle class, and the environment and schools so sometimes they cut things that help all of us. Then they either shift the spending to things that help their rich donors like haloburton or they give tax breaks to the rich so the debt rises still but they've shifted the burden onto us and we get less for it

Politics in science? Swell idea! Surely only the science will influence the politics and not the other way around... :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back