GOP Debates are Becoming a Sham

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
It is no secret that Fiorina surged in the polls after the first debate and her poll numbers are high. However CNN is planning on excluding her from the debates. How do they rationalize that? Well they use real clear politics poll averages. These polls stretch back well before the debates and before her surge. If this happens I will refuse to tune in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is no secret that Fiorina surged in the polls after the first debate and her poll numbers are high. However CNN is planning on excluding her from the debates. How do they rationalize that? Well they use real clear politics poll averages. These polls stretch back well before the debates and before her surge. If this happens I will refuse to tune in.

War on Women

not exactly. The averages usually go back only one month maximum, so by the September debate, the polling averages will all be from polls taken AFTER the first debate.

Sorry, your facts are not in order.

I heard the story of the radio from a realclearpolitics employee. Go to to realclearpolitics and see the polls before you make an arrogant attack!

not exactly. The averages usually go back only one month maximum, so by the September debate, the polling averages will all be from polls taken AFTER the first debate.

I heard the story of the radio from a realclearpolitics employee. Go to to realclearpolitics and see the polls before you make an arrogant attack!

The problem is, by 2 days before the debates, a slew of new polls will be there. Already this week alone, in the last 2 days, 4 new national polls came in. So, there is no way anyone can be claiming anything like that at all. It's not logical. And should a RCP "employee" (LOL) have said that, he or she should be fired. Already, just looking at the aggregate right now, the polls from before the debate are already out of the statistic.

News organizations should cover debates, not organize them and control them.

Also, here is proof. I just made this screenshot:

2015-08-027 RCP GOP nomination aggregate.png

Those are the only four polls in the current average and the oldest of them was conducted from 8/09 to 8/10, two days AFTER the 1st debate. Fiorina's current aggregate is 6.0%, putting her in 7th place. Therefore, she would be at the 2nd debate.

It's simple math, you know.

Why isn't the GOP making those decisions? I guess that if the political party is incapable, or just doesn't care to make a fair decision about who will be included, the TV stations have to make some decision. Not the first time the right shirks their responsibilities.

Her exclusion would probably benefit her. Trying to get attention in a two minute Q&A often backfires.

I read the story on Drudge this morning...and the facts as presented in the article were as Ghook described. There will not be as many polls counted after the debate as before the debate...Fiorina wants the post debate polls weighted...so as to be equal to the pre-debate polls.

I read the story on Drudge this morning...and the facts as presented in the article were as Ghook described. There will not be as many polls counted after the debate as before the debate...Fiorina wants the post debate polls weighted...so as to be equal to the pre-debate polls.
Goto the cnn home page they have a story that says they are using a poll from July prior to the first debate. I would think they would get this story right.

View attachment 48529

Those are the only four polls in the current average and the oldest of them was conducted from 8/09 to 8/10, two days AFTER the 1st debate. Fiorina's current aggregate is 6.0%, putting her in 7th place. Therefore, she would be at the 2nd debate.

Go to cnn's own website! They even say they are using polling prior to the first debate.

View attachment 48529

Go to cnn's own website! They even say they are using polling prior to the first debate.

Go re-read your own op, very carefully.

You write it to make it sound as if RealClearPolitics is the one doing the averages this way, not CNN.

English grammar, young man, English grammar!!!

Forum List

Back