GOP debate facts check or....

They pay in, do they not? This desperately pathetic argument is completely without logic. But I suspect you know that, you're just happy to sacrifice honesty for political bullshit.

So let me get this straight.....Perry can rail against the stimulus for having been a waste of taxpayer dollars, yet it is OK for him at the same time to take from the stimulus to help balance his budget in the state of Texas, thus allowing him to run on a platform of balancing budgets as Governor?:eusa_eh:

Texas had a $9 billion surplus (they still have $6 billion in their rainy day fund).

The Texas legislature used $5 billion in stimulus for the budget.

Do the math...Texas had plenty of money to cover their budget WITHOUT stimulus.

They choose to use the stimulus where it would allow them to keep the rainy day fund largely intact.

Now, feel free to show me either a state with a surplus, our one that didn't use stimulus to cover their budget.

So, what you are saying is, Texas did not NEED Federal money? Rick Perry and the state legislature simply CHOSE to take it, allowing them to keep Texans' money in a "rainy day" fund, allowing them to give the impression of a surplus, all the while claiming how bad the stimulus was for America? Thank you for clearing that up for me.

So let me get this straight.....Perry can rail against the stimulus for having been a waste of taxpayer dollars, yet it is OK for him at the same time to take from the stimulus to help balance his budget in the state of Texas, thus allowing him to run on a platform of balancing budgets as Governor?:eusa_eh:

Texas had a $9 billion surplus (they still have $6 billion in their rainy day fund).

They choose to use the stimulus where it would allow them to keep the rainy day fund largely intact.

Now, feel free to show me either a state with a surplus, our one that didn't use stimulus to cover their budget.
So you admit that GOP governors took Stimulus money that was supposed to create jobs and instead diverted it to the budget so they could say it's Obama's fault the stimulus didn't create jobs.

Are you saying some red states did exactly what some blue states did?

Say it isnt so!!!!!

So you admit that GOP governors took Stimulus money that was supposed to create jobs and instead diverted it to the budget so they could say it's Obama's fault the stimulus didn't create jobs.

Say it isnt so!!!!!

Were those blue state Governors bitching about how bad the stimulus was for America, all the while taking their "fair share" of it?

Say it isnt so!!!!!

Were those blue state Governors bitching about how bad the stimulus was for America, all the while taking their "fair share" of it?

When has a democrat ever complained of receiving others people money?

Say it isnt so!!!!!

When has a democrat ever complained of receiving others people money?

So, the difference is, the complaining? Red states still take the money, they simply bitch about choosing to do so? Really?

So, what you are saying is, Texas did not NEED Federal money? Rick Perry and the state legislature simply CHOSE to take it, allowing them to keep Texans' money in a "rainy day" fund, allowing them to give the impression of a surplus, all the while claiming how bad the stimulus was for America? Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Nope, what I'm saying is that they used it where they thought it would do the most good.

With 14 more months of President Obama's economic blunders, I'd want to keep my "rainy day fund" too.

Texas created more jobs that the other 49 states COMBINED.

Let me repeat that...Texas created more jobs than the other 49 states combined.

So, where are all the jobs stimulus created?

That is what the Republican's are highlighting.

Texas created 47% of all jobs in the U.S. in the last four years.

And as you aptly pointed out, they used their stimulus money to save the majority of their surplus.

SO WHERE ARE THE JOBS WE SPENT A TRILLION DOLLARS ON ???

WHERE ARE THEY?

WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

Almost half of all jobs in the nation were created in Texas WITHOUT STIMULUS MONEY.

Last edited:
If Perry wins the GOP nod, the election will be between the tea bagging extremist and the rest of the country's voters. Do the American voters want to return to a W administration, on steroids? The GOP will lose the Presidency in 2012 if they allow the Tea Baggers to force Perry through. They lost the Senate in 2012 because they let the Tea Baggers force a couple of loons into Senate nominations. Perry cannot win the General Election.

We currently have a W administration on steroids, and the people don't like it.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

43% approval, i'll bet like Bush's it'll be in the 20's at the end of his 8 year run.

Last edited:
wow I'm getting dizzy from the spinning. Perry is right to trash the stimulus AND take the money from that big bad ol stimulus to make him look good to the "fiscal conservatives"

If Perry just says "Hey I balanced the budget with the stimulus I'm trashing" everything would be fine. But the truth isnt important, I guess.

wow I'm getting dizzy from the spinning. Perry is right to trash the stimulus AND take the money from that big bad ol stimulus to make him look good to the "fiscal conservatives"

If Perry just says "Hey I balanced the budget with the stimulus I'm trashing" everything would be fine. But the truth isnt important, I guess.

He is right to trash stimulus as a job creating measure.

Texas created more jobs than the other 49 states combined.

Texas created 47% of ALL JOBS in the United States over the last four years...without stimulus money.

So...prove him wrong!

Show me the jobs.

Where are the jobs we spent almost a trillion dollars on?

Did the Blue states create jobs, and they're keeping it a secret?

Where are the jobs the stimulus was meant to produce?

Texas created 47% of ALL JOBS in the United States over the last four years...without stimulus money.
So...prove him wrong!
Show me the jobs.

The Stimulus created jobs but you are missing the fact that most of it was tax breaks and for states to fix their budgets. Texas created plenty of min wage jobs. That's awesome! It doesnt change the fact that 1) He lied when he said the stimulus didnt create any jobs and 2) He still took stimulus money to fix his budget while claiming he did so by having low taxes and less regulation.

Those two things are lies. No way to get around that fact

So...prove him wrong!
Show me the jobs.

The Stimulus created jobs but you are missing the fact that most of it was tax breaks and for states to fix their budgets. Texas created plenty of min wage jobs. That's awesome! It doesnt change the fact that 1) He lied when he said the stimulus didnt create any jobs and 2) He still took stimulus money to fix his budget while claiming he did so by having low taxes and less regulation.

Those two things are lies. No way to get around that fact

Give me a break man.

Here is the truth of which states REALLY needed the stimulus bail out.

saupload_statebudgetgaps2010.png

Texas 10% Deficit. I don't see even one traditionally blue state that did better than that.

And consider that Texas is the largest state in the lower 48 and SECOND most populous state in the union, let's compare it to it's peers.

...State............Population............Deficit
---------------------------------------------
California.........36 million...............49%
Texas.............24 million............10%
New York.........19 million...............32%
Florida.............18 million...............23%
Illinois.............13 million................43%
Pennsylvania....12 million................18%

Texas kicked ass...the bluer states...not so much.

Texas, created 47% of all jobs in the U.S. in the last four years, created more jobs than the other 49 states combined, didn't use stimulus.

If Perry is lying where are the jobs?

Where is the economic stimulus of Obama's trillion dollar Economic Stimulus Package.

Are they hiding in an undisclosed location?

Show me, where are they?

Last edited:
who told the biggest lie...

FACT CHECK: Social Security prompts debate miscues | Political Headlines | Comcast.net

PERRY: The $814 billion economic stimulus program pushed by President Barack Obama "created zero jobs."

THE FACTS: There is no support for that assertion. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said last year that the stimulus increased the number of people employed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million as of mid-2010. It cut the unemployment rate between 0.7 and 1.8 percentage points, the CBO found.

Economists debate whether the stimulus lived up to its promise or was worth the cost, but no one seriously argues that it created no jobs. Many believe it helped to end the recession even while falling short of its employment goals.
Again, with the same bullshit cite. The CBO ADMITTED THAT THEIR PROJECTIONS HAD ZERO CONNECTION WITH WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. They estimated the impact and took zero, that's right, zero real world impact into account. It was all based on a projection that was created before the stimulus was even spent.
CBO Admits their Stimulus Jobs Count Ignored the Economy
When asked if this means that any actual underperformance of the stimulus would fail to show up in the CBO's stimulus jobs count, Elmendorf replied "That's right." This means the 1.5 million jobs saved estimate was pre-determined.
The problem here is obvious. Once the CBO decided to assume that every dollar of government spending increased GDP by the multipliers above, its conclusion that the stimulus saved jobs was pre-ordained. The economy could have lost 30 million jobs, and the model would have said that the economy would otherwise have lost 31.5 million jobs without the stimulus. An asteroid could have hit the United States, wiping out everyone outside of Washington, D.C., and (as long as Washington still spent the stimulus money) the CBO's economic model would have produced the same stimulus jobs data. There is no adjustment made to reflect what actually happened in the economy after the stimulus was enacted.
It is the way the CBO rates this package. They admitted this early on and yet people are still using their bogus numbers as they come out with more and more predetermined results.

Forum List

Back