GOP Counteroffer

Yes, just as much as our society is entitled to my own wealth. As a member of a functioning society, I accumulate more wealth than I would as an individual

Nobody survives in our society entirely as an individual. You do better as part of a whole than you do as a bunch of individuals struggling to survive

What's your point? That being a member of "society" obligates me to give up my property? Then what about the members of "society" that contribute absolutely nothing? They're magically entitled to a piece of my property? What kinda twisted thinking is that?

That's fucking stupid, really.

Yes it does
It has worked that way for thousands of years.

Can you point to where any of your property has been taken and given to someone else? Those who do not have any property are not expected to give any up.....Its the tax law of you can't get blood from a turnip

Uh, no, no it doesn't. By being a productive member of society my obligation is fulfilled.. unlike the moocher class who sit on their asses and whine about me not paying even more while they get income tax refunds that exceed their taxes paid.

Fuck that shit. Frankly, I'm tired of listening to people talking about "getting their taxes" and then bitching t hat I don't pay enough. This is unsustainable.

What's your point? That being a member of "society" obligates me to give up my property? Then what about the members of "society" that contribute absolutely nothing? They're magically entitled to a piece of my property? What kinda twisted thinking is that?

It's the philosophy of the "You didn't build that!" crowd
there are things the private enterprise relies on to be successful that they didnt build. its not that difficult of a concept. this includes road, bridges, railways, airports and ports. business either directly or indirectly all rely on these things to do business. none of which they build.

Actually, they do.... they not only build them, they pay for them through a myriad of taxes, fees, tolls, etc.

Nice try.

there are things the private enterprise relies on to be successful that they didnt build. its not that difficult of a concept. this includes road, bridges, railways, airports and ports. business either directly or indirectly all rely on these things to do business. none of which they build.

Actually, they do.... they not only build them, they pay for them through a myriad of taxes, fees, tolls, etc.

Nice try.
they are supported indirectly through taxation, they however did not physically build them.

if a business in california that pays taxes to support interstates in Vermont that is does not utilize should they then be able to opt out of that taxation?

Last edited:
soggy is an accountant.........with no honor.

Just gunna skip right by Frank's posts which are blatantly ignorant of cap. gains.

heh.

Nice try.
they are supported indirectly through taxation, they however did not physically build them.

if a business in california that pays taxes to support interstates in Vermont that is does not utilize should they then be able to opt out of that taxation?

Yes, yes they do... private enterprise bids on and receives the construction contracts. Down here companies like Boh Brothers, TL James are doing a variety of roads, bridges and airport construction.

They are paying taxes on the capital gain from that investment not their principle

Haw many times do you feel you need to tax the same dollars?

What are you trying to accomplish?

They are not the "same" dollars..they are "new" dollars. And those "new" dollars aren't a result of "magical" growth. And infrastructure has been built using tax dollars to help those who want to invest accumulate more wealth.

"New" dollars? I thought you guys thought there was a finite amount of wealth in the world and that the evil rich were stealing it and hoarding it to keep the hated little guy down. You guys need to pick a story and stick to it.

Just gunna skip right by Frank's posts which are blatantly ignorant of cap. gains.

heh.

Really? Care to elaborate? Last I checked, my license is in good standing.

Now, go fill the inter-webs with some more crappy rap for the terminally brain-dead to listen to.

Nice try.

Yes, yes they do... private enterprise bids on and receives the construction contracts. Down here companies like Boh Brothers, TL James are doing a variety of roads, bridges and airport construction.
how does the guy who owns the corner restaurant bid on the road being built across town? he relies on the road to get goods, services and people to his restaurant, but he has no direct affect on how or when they road is built. hence, he didnt build that.

heh.

Now, go fill the inter-webs with some more crappy rap for the terminally brain-dead to listen to.

I dont need to elaborate, ya smug fucker. They all know.

heh.

address the capitals gains issue Frank has suddenly gone silent on then.

They want to use them...they just don't want to pay for them

how does the guy who owns the corner restaurant bid on the road being built across town? he relies on the road to get goods, services and people to his restaurant, but he has no direct affect on how or when they road is built. hence, he didnt build that.

My point is that the gubmint basically takes money from party A and gives it to party B for constructions. Also, land developers very often have to build their own roads. I get what you are saying, but the bottom line is, there would be no money for any of this with out private industry. PERIOD. Gubmint produces NOTHING.

Credible? Did you see how many times The Hill used the phrase "did not specify"? The GOP essentially sent the White House a blank piece of paper and called it a proposal.

Define "fair share".

And what does that have to do with what I posted? Wait, I know. You're assuming that because I'm not drooling all the over the Republican proposal that I must be a liberal who just wants to punish the rich. Pretty big assumption there, spanky.

I don't like the Republican proposal because it's a piece of shit that they weren't even serious about when they wrote it. The proposal was written just to stifle their constituents and stall while they wait for Obama to hopefully break on taxes.

You can't be serious? You want to know how my wanting you to define "fair share" relates to you saying the Republican proposal is a blank piece of paper? Tit for tat. "fair share" is a nebulous fluff word Obama throws out as a peice of red meat for his supporters. You think the Republican propsal is empty and meaningless......yet you support "fair share". If you want real meaning i nthe proposal, I want real defintion of "fair share". You don't get to demand something while oferring nothing. Define it......in real terms. How much is enough from the people who already pay the bulk of the taxes while many pay nothing? Doesn't "fair share" apply across the board? How is zero a share?

Do you have any Earthly clue the federal, state & local taxes, fees, licenses and tolls it takes to keep one truck on the road?

I do... it's mind boggling. Your assertion is just plain wrong.

Last edited:

My point is that the gubmint basically takes money from party A and gives it to party B for constructions. Also, land developers very often have to build their own roads. I get what you are saying, but the bottom line is, there would be no money for any of this with out private industry. PERIOD. Gubmint produces NOTHING.
the function of government is not to produce a product.

Government has six functions:
1. Foreign Relations - Diplomacy and Defense
2. Develop business strength - Incubate small business, special research and development, such as space research, job training, unemployment insurance and more.
3. Protect and regulate the sustainable use of natural resources.
4. Enforce and regulate fair and responsible business practices. Included in this is monitoring monetary policy, giving consumer protection and regulating banking practices.
5. Determine and enforce civil laws of property and conduct. This includes the freedoms of the press, religion and rights of property.
6. Provide public goods and services for the well-being of the community as a whole, such as infrastructure, vaccination programs, disaster relief, fireworks shows, public parks, basic healthcare, subsidized housing, public education and public utilities.
(These are things that the government provides better than private business for the community at large through pooling money and resources. There are more positive externalities for society when government provides public goods and services.)

Yes it does
It has worked that way for thousands of years.

Can you point to where any of your property has been taken and given to someone else? Those who do not have any property are not expected to give any up.....Its the tax law of you can't get blood from a turnip

Uh, no, no it doesn't. By being a productive member of society my obligation is fulfilled.. unlike the moocher class who sit on their asses and whine about me not paying even more while they get income tax refunds that exceed their taxes paid.

Fuck that shit. Frankly, I'm tired of listening to people talking about "getting their taxes" and then bitching t hat I don't pay enough. This is unsustainable.

You cannot be a productive member of society without benefitting from the society as a whole. Your obligation is not filled?

Did you go to public school?
Ever used a public road?
Do you provide your own police and fire protection?
Is the water you drink clean? How about the air and your food supply?

The wealthiest Americans benefit the most from our society. They should be expected to contribute the most

Do you have any Earthly clue the federal, state & local taxes, fees, licenses and tolls it takes to keep one truck on the road?

I do... it's mind boggling. Your assertion is just plain wrong.

You are not playing both sides of the fence. You say you do not need society and then say that you contribute.

No matter how much you pay in road taxes, it does not come close to the value of those roads

Oh bullshit. My brother manages a company and he writes a check each month in excess of $100K for taxes. How much do you pay? How much does the 47% of Americans who pay no income tax contribute? Perhaps they shouldn't be allowed to obtain a drivers license or purchase a car. Isn't that the liberal mantra. You didn't contribute and you didn't build it, so you shouldn't use it. You guys keep talking yourself in circles.

the function of government is not to produce a product.

Government has six functions:
1. Foreign Relations - Diplomacy and Defense
2. Develop business strength - Incubate small business, special research and development, such as space research, job training, unemployment insurance and more.
3. Protect and regulate the sustainable use of natural resources.
4. Enforce and regulate fair and responsible business practices. Included in this is monitoring monetary policy, giving consumer protection and regulating banking practices.
5. Determine and enforce civil laws of property and conduct. This includes the freedoms of the press, religion and rights of property.
6. Provide public goods and services for the well-being of the community as a whole, such as infrastructure, vaccination programs, disaster relief, fireworks shows, public parks, basic healthcare, subsidized housing, public education and public utilities.
(These are things that the government provides better than private business for the community at large through pooling money and resources. There are more positive externalities for society when government provides public goods and services.)

I for the most part, agree with you.

Forum List

Back