GOP Convention, Romney Speech Evoke Lukewarm Reactions

Romney's speech was lukewarm to democrats. To republicans and independents, it put Romney ahead. obama hopes he can catch up.

What a disgrace..............here is the theme for the 2012 Democratic Convention...............

Barack-Obama---Hope-Action-Change-Campaign-Poster-7.jpg

Partisan Trends
Number of Republicans in America Reaches Record High

After falling for two straight months, the number of Americans who consider themselves Republicans jumped nearly three points in August.

During August, 37.6% of Americans considered themselves Republicans. That’s up from 34.9% in July and 35.4% in June. It’s also the largest number of Republicans ever recorded by Rasmussen Report since monthly tracking began in November 2002. The previous peak for the GOP was 37.3% in September 2004. See History of Party Trends

Partisan Trends - Rasmussen Reports™

:rolleyes:

Why would that surprise you? There was no Democratic presidential primary this cycle. It doesn't mean these people are excited about Romney. The data shows he bores the majority of the American people.

Speech gets lowest ratings of any Gallup has measured since 1996

Mitt is boring, and dawgonnit, people just don't like him.

Partisan Trends

After falling for two straight months, the number of Americans who consider themselves Republicans jumped nearly three points in August.

During August, 37.6% of Americans considered themselves Republicans. That’s up from 34.9% in July and 35.4% in June. It’s also the largest number of Republicans ever recorded by Rasmussen Report since monthly tracking began in November 2002. The previous peak for the GOP was 37.3% in September 2004. See History of Party Trends

Why would that surprise you? There was no Democratic presidential primary this cycle. It doesn't mean these people are excited about Romney. The data shows he bores the majority of the American people.

it doesn't surprise me. and that doesn't really address what I posted, now does it?

Romney's speech was lukewarm to democrats. To republicans and independents, it put Romney ahead. obama hopes he can catch up.

The data still shows that the American people were more lukewarm to any candidate since Gallup started measuring. Bob Dole got a bigger bounce.

Partisan Trends

it doesn't surprise me. and that doesn't really address what I posted, now does it?

It certainly does address your point. Independents tend to register to both parties, in order to participate in the primaries. As it stands for the last couple of years, self-proclaimed independents are the largest voting bloc.

You know that Obama is going to get a convention boost. The only question that remains is how bad he whips Romney.

The people might take boring over what obama offers.

Like a better private sector job growth in 4 years, over Bush's 8? Like the lowest increase in Federal spending in 60 years? Let that sink into the minds of the independent voters.

199134_492558564097422_1061813474_n.jpg

well this is stop the press news

just wait till we see the Democrats results...headlines will probably be, what a snooooooooozzzzzzzzzefest

It certainly does address your point. Independents tend to register to both parties, in order to participate in the primaries. As it stands for the last couple of years, self-proclaimed independents are the largest voting bloc.

You know that Obama is going to get a convention boost. The only question that remains is how bad he whips Romney.

wtf????:lol:dude whatever...

Like a better private sector job growth in 4 years, over Bush's 8? Like the lowest increase in Federal spending in 60 years? Let that sink into the minds of the independent voters.

:lol: that bullshit chart has been flushed for the bullshit it is, catch up:lol:

Prove it.

Take note of the source of those figures and then PROVE they are incorrect.

:lol: that bullshit chart has been flushed for the bullshit it is, catch up:lol:

Lie. It addresses discretionary spending. I guess you want to hang the interest being paid for Bush's debt funded tax cut and optional war on Obama. I guess you want to hang Obama for the fact that Bush raped the Social Security trust fund. Here's a clue. Obama has zero to do with those increases, and he also has zero to do with the drop in revenue, due to the Bush financial fiasco.

So how well did those debt financed tax cuts work? Bush seems to be the only modern president that actually oversaw a net loss in private sector jobs.

The problem with Romney as I see it is he is a man without a vision. All he brings to the table is his ambition to be POTUS.

A leader is someone who has a vision, can convince others that the vision is 1) worth their support and 2) doable. Romney's vision is limited to him seated in the Oval Office - once there he will become George W. Bush - an actor playing a role directed by others.

Others must see this too. His success in achieving his ambition will be determined by how well the SuperPACs are able to define the man, the amount of money they can spend in that effort and how well the GOP does in suppressing the vote.

5d83b5be-237f-422f-a342-47220292-4.jpg

As I recall, and my recall is quite good, you were one of the most ardent supporters of George W. Bush for all those years on the old board. No one cares? You did!

wtf????:lol:dude whatever...

Don't laugh too much, the depressive side of your bipolarism is only going to be worse in November.

Forum List

Back