GOP Controll of US Senate: A Good Thing?

ss will never be bankrupt. The deficit projected for the next 75 years is less than 2%. At worst, it will pay at least 70% of the promised benefits.

according to whom, because as i've shown you, the cbo and the trustees of social security are telling a very different story. Cite your sources.

ok.

even after 2037, social security could still pay three-fourths of scheduled benefits. Alarmists who claim that social security won’t be around when today’s young workers retire misunderstand (or misrepresent) the trustees’ projections.

The program’s shortfall is relatively modest, amounting to 0.7 percent of gross domestic product (gdp) over the next 75 years (and 1.5 percent of gdp in 2083). A mix of tax increases and benefit reductions — carefully crafted to shield the neediest recipients and to give ample notice to all participants — could put the program on a sound footing indefinitely.

what the 2009 trustees’ report whows about social security

You morons just don't get it.
THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.
The " title" is just to make you think there can be change.
No no... they're not all the same. Some support 'compassionate conservatism' (aka repubican big government), others support progressive causes (fascist big government).

Either way, it's about gettin some for them and their friends.

We need someone who won't play the 'gotta get me some' and play the 'gonna save you some' to tax payers.

Last edited:
You might want to tell the rest of the world, including the Social Security Administration, that, because they don't seem to know it.

SS will never be bankrupt. The deficit projected for the next 75 years is less than 2%. At worst, it will pay at least 70% of the promised benefits.

According to whom, because as I've shown you, the CBO and the Trustees of Social Security are telling a very different story. Cite your sources.

He has no sources because he doesn't know what he's talking about. He only has ideology.

ss will never be bankrupt. The deficit projected for the next 75 years is less than 2%. At worst, it will pay at least 70% of the promised benefits.

according to whom, because as i've shown you, the cbo and the trustees of social security are telling a very different story. Cite your sources.

ok.

even after 2037, social security could still pay three-fourths of scheduled benefits. Alarmists who claim that social security won’t be around when today’s young workers retire misunderstand (or misrepresent) the trustees’ projections.

The program’s shortfall is relatively modest, amounting to 0.7 percent of gross domestic product (gdp) over the next 75 years (and 1.5 percent of gdp in 2083). A mix of tax increases and benefit reductions — carefully crafted to shield the neediest recipients and to give ample notice to all participants — could put the program on a sound footing indefinitely.

what the 2009 trustees’ report whows about social security

Interesting that I cited the actual report, while you cited what someone SAID the report said. Hmmm.

You morons just don't get it.
THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.
The " title" is just to make you think there can be change.

Then don't vote, fool. It's not like anything you've said makes me think your vote is worth the paper the ballot's printed on, anyway.

I don't quite yet know how I feel about this as a possibility.

I favored McCain, saying the two electoral branches of government don't always work so well under one party comtrol.

One legislative house split between the two major parties is not such a bad idea...but...

with the bitter partisan divide, will a split legislative branch work to the betterment of society, or one or both parties?

It's a naive fantasy. All Republicans are consumed with Global Obstruction Pathology. They exist to obstruct and when they obstruct, America loses.
:lol::lol:
What an idiot. Just goes to show what a single digit IQ post looks like. :lol:

I favored McCain, saying the two electoral branches of government don't always work so well under one party comtrol.

One legislative house split between the two major parties is not such a bad idea...but...

with the bitter partisan divide, will a split legislative branch work to the betterment of society, or one or both parties?

Still wondering...
:eusa_whistle:

It's a naive fantasy. All Republicans are consumed with Global Obstruction Pathology. They exist to obstruct and when they obstruct, America loses.

The same way the Democrats obstructed Social Security reform and the judges they didnt like? Both parties do what they can to stop policies they don't agree with. Stop dishonestly pretending like only the other side does it.

The Democrats didn't have to obstruct Social Security privatization. Bush didn't have the votes to pass it. As for the judges, it's sorta hard to take your outrage about that seriously when you guys did the same thing to Clinton's appointees for six years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back