GOP Controll of US Senate: A Good Thing?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
I don't quite yet know how I feel about this as a possibility.

I favored McCain, saying the two electoral branches of government don't always work so well under one party comtrol.

One legislative house split between the two major parties is not such a bad idea...but...

with the bitter partisan divide, will a split legislative branch work to the betterment of society, or one or both parties?

Last edited:
Once the world sees Obama is dead in the water and he cannot move further leftward, our economy will start to soar....for real

I favored McCain, saying the two electoral branches of government don't always work so well under one party comtrol.

One legislative house split between the two major parties is not such a bad idea...but...

with the bitter partisan divide, will a split legislative branch work to the betterment of society, or one or both parties?

It's a naive fantasy. All Republicans are consumed with Global Obstruction Pathology. They exist to obstruct and when they obstruct, America loses.

It's a naive fantasy. All Republicans are consumed with Global Obstruction Pathology. They exist to obstruct and when they obstruct, America loses.

The same way the Democrats obstructed Social Security reform and the judges they didnt like? Both parties do what they can to stop policies they don't agree with. Stop dishonestly pretending like only the other side does it.

Dems are within striking distance of losing every Senate race and 100 House seat and that's WITHOUT one of the pantybombers friends even attempting an attack that we could have prevented.

The same way the Democrats obstructed Social Security reform and the judges they didnt like? Both parties do what they can to stop policies they don't agree with. Stop dishonestly pretending like only the other side does it.

That wasn't obstruction. America likes SS the way it is and opposing the judges, as has been proven recently, was a public service.

That wasn't obstruction. America likes SS the way it is and opposing the judges, as has been proven recently, was a public service.

hack

You better be thankful that they did. If they had been able to take SS money and invest in the stock market, SS would have probably gone broke.

You better be thankful that they did. If they had been able to take SS money and invest in the stock market, SS would have probably gone broke.

As opposed to the financially flush operation that it is now? :cuckoo:

No.

Checks and balances is always a good thing.

"Checks and balances" refers to the relationship between the three branches of government, not between political parties. :rolleyes:

True but it works the same way between parties. At least that's how I always saw it.

Really? That poor phrase was coined for a sweeping vision of a government that carefully divided its power among three branches to protect its people from tyranny. Now it's degraded to cover the hope that corrupt, power-grubbing politicians will gridlock each other because the voters are too damned lazy, stupid, and gullible to choose real leaders. I find that very sad.

As opposed to the financially flush operation that it is now?

Yes.

Despite what the wacky world of wingnuttery would like you to believe, SS is financially sound.

"Checks and balances" refers to the relationship between the three branches of government, not between political parties. :rolleyes:

True but it works the same way between parties. At least that's how I always saw it.

Really? That poor phrase was coined for a sweeping vision of a government that carefully divided its power among three branches to protect its people from tyranny. Now it's degraded to cover the hope that corrupt, power-grubbing politicians will gridlock each other because the voters are too damned lazy, stupid, and gullible to choose real leaders. I find that very sad.

On that we can agree, I'm tired of voting against the worst evil, because there is no one running that will actually do the job.

Forum List

Back