GOP Congressman wants to deport every Iranian

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
GOP Congressman wants to deport every Iranian | Raw Story

Don't know if this was posted while I was away, if so could a mod just merge it please?

The National Iranian American Council is on high alert after a South Carolina Congressman announced this week that he will introduce legislation which would require the deportation of all Iranians living in America.

The Stop Terrorists Entry Program Act (STEP) was first introduced by Rep. J. Gresham Barrett (R-SC) in 2003 [PDF link]. The updated version, he explained in a media advisory, would bar citizens of Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Yemen and Syria from entry into the United States. It would further require citizens of those nations who are legally visiting or residing in the United States to be deported within 60 days.

And he's doing this as a response to an American who killed 12 other soldiers at Fort Hood, and a Nigerian who allegedly attempted to blow up an airplane on Christmas Day.

If the apparent problems with such a proposal are not not abundantly clear, the Iranian-American blog niacINsight puts it another way: "The American Army major and Nigerian alleged to have committed those attacks would not have been affected by the STEP Act."

More after the jump. Thoughts?

Damn it... my doctor is Iranian.

And I think I'm having an allergic reaction to something the whole left side of my face has been itching and burning for the past two days. It's not red yet but still, I'm pretty worried about that.

Well I hate to be the one to break this to you but if this congressman has his way, your commutes to the doctors office are gonna be a real pain in the rear, personally I'd recommend you getting your medical degree since it'll be cheaper and far less hassle. :D

And I think I'm having an allergic reaction to something the whole left side of my face has been itching and burning for the past two days. It's not red yet but still, I'm pretty worried about that.

You know after posting this I actually looked at the article and saw that this GOP congressman was from... of course South Carolina. I spent a lot of my life in the backwoods of Mississippi and I'll tell you as much as people like to think the deeper you go the crazier you get they're politicians are far less absolutely insane then South Carolina's.:lol:

Something is seriously wrong with politicians in that state.

Is all that sunshine and southern hospitality, eventually it ends up making your brain turn to mush. :D

j/k I love South Carolina, very nice state. :)

Well I hate to be the one to break this to you but if this congressman has his way, your commutes to the doctors office are gonna be a real pain in the rear, personally I'd recommend you getting your medical degree since it'll be cheaper and far less hassle. :D

Can't be a doctor...

me having that damn negro dialect and all.:lol::lol:

Is all that sunshine and southern hospitality, eventually it ends up making your brain turn to mush. :D

j/k I love South Carolina, very nice state. :)

It really is. And you ain't never lied about that southern hospitality. I actually thought about moving to Columbia some day but I have a feeling it's not going to be a big enough city for me. I like suburbian life outside of a big city, and I need somewhere far enough down south where I can have a palm tree in my back yard without living in Florida. I think I much just settle for FL though and live in Jacksonville.

Having read the legislation, I saw nothing saying that anyone was going to be deported.

YET , if one listens for any legth of time to what he left wing PROGRESSIVES have to say it's pretty clear they'd prefer to deport everyone that disagrees with their warped sense of reality.... so count your blessing while you can. :)

P.S. Fuck the elected representative of SEIU (aka President Obama)

Forum List

Back