GOP Congressman: TSA Too Easy On '20-Year-Old Muslim Male'

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Just the latest example of A Republican sticking his foot in his mouth. Let's see, they've already alienated blacks, women and even the moderates in their own party. I guess it only makes sense to start in on Muslims and multiculturalism. And all in an election year.

Steve King: TSA Gives Grandma 'The Spread-Eagle Search' While '20-Year-Old Middle Eastern Male Waltzes Through'

During a town hall meeting in Le Mars, Iowa, King told attendees that he disagrees with federal officials who think that airport security should follow a uniform procedure for passenger screening.

"As America, we've decided that we're going to process everybody the same," King said. "So that means the 75-year-old grandmother gets the spread-eagle search and while that happens, maybe the 20-year-old Middle Eastern male waltzes through with a smirk on his face. I'm not making that up. I've seen that. That image will not ever leave my mind."

"But we have to do that, apparently, because we're so squeamish about making judgment calls that we've put everybody through a formula and a process so that everybody gets searched, and I don't know if we'll ever get away from that," King added.

During the same event, King criticized multicultural groups at Iowa State University, recalling a time he browsed through the school's directory of student organizations after speaking on the campus several years ago.

"It started with Asians and it ended with Zeitgeist, so from A to Z, and most of them were victims' groups -- victimology -- people that feel sorry for themselves, and they're out there recruiting our young people to be part of the group that feels sorry for themselves," King said.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Congressman.

Boston should ban those damned victimological Sant Paddy's Day parades.

WHAT!

Last edited:
Just the latest example of A Republican sticking his foot in his mouth. Let's see, they've already alienated blacks, women and even the moderates in their own party. I guess it only makes sense to start in on Muslims and multiculturalism. And all in an election year.

Steve King: TSA Gives Grandma 'The Spread-Eagle Search' While '20-Year-Old Middle Eastern Male Waltzes Through'

During a town hall meeting in Le Mars, Iowa, King told attendees that he disagrees with federal officials who think that airport security should follow a uniform procedure for passenger screening.

"As America, we've decided that we're going to process everybody the same," King said. "So that means the 75-year-old grandmother gets the spread-eagle search and while that happens, maybe the 20-year-old Middle Eastern male waltzes through with a smirk on his face. I'm not making that up. I've seen that. That image will not ever leave my mind."

"But we have to do that, apparently, because we're so squeamish about making judgment calls that we've put everybody through a formula and a process so that everybody gets searched, and I don't know if we'll ever get away from that," King added.

During the same event, King criticized multicultural groups at Iowa State University, recalling a time he browsed through the school's directory of student organizations after speaking on the campus several years ago.

"It started with Asians and it ended with Zeitgeist, so from A to Z, and most of them were victims' groups -- victimology -- people that feel sorry for themselves, and they're out there recruiting our young people to be part of the group that feels sorry for themselves," King said.

Is what he said the truth? or is it a lie? And why is it that we have to lie so as not to alienate someone? Explain that.

I don't remember a little old lady flying a plane into a building lately.

I was just saying on 9/10/01, "I don't remember 19 guys hijacking four planes with box cutters and crashing them into buildings lately."

:razz:

The problem I have with the Congressman's remarks is that he starts out with what could be a rational and legitimate (if that is still a word that is allowed) argument, but then he dons a clown hat and reaches down his own throat and pulls his ass out of his mouth and begins spewing a bunch of rabid bullshit. So he blew himself, and whatever point he was trying to make, up.

Last edited:
list of scandals involving leaders of the Democrat Party.

Barney Frank – Democrat – U.S. Representative from Massachusetts. Admitted to having paid Stephen L. Gobie, a male prostitute, for sex and subsequently hiring Gobie as his personal assistant. Gobie used the congressman’s Washington apartment for prostitution.

Melvin Jay Reynolds – U.S. Representative from Illinois from 1993 to 1995. Convicted on sexual misconduct and obstruction of justice charges and sentenced to five years in prison.

Edward Kennedy – Democrat – U. S. Senator from Massachusetts. Pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, after his car plunged off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island killing passenger Mary Jo Kopechne.

DNC – The Federal Election Commission imposed $719,000 in fines against participants in the 1996 Democratic Party fundraising scandals involving contributions from China, Korea and other foreign sources. The Federal Election commission said it decided to drop cases against contributors of more than $3 million in illegal DNC contributions because the respondents left the country or the corporations are defunct.

Sandy Berger – Democrat – National Security Advisor during the Clinton Administration. Berger became the focus of a criminal investigation after removing highly classified terrorism documents and handwritten notes from the National Archives during preparations for the Sept. 11 commission hearings.

Daniel David Rostenkowski – Democrat – U.S. Representative from Illinois. Indicted on 17 felony charges- pleaded guilty to two counts of misuse of public funds and sentenced to seventeen months in federal prison.

Gerry Eastman Studds – Democrat – U.S. Representative from Massachusetts. The first openly gay member of Congress. Censured by the House of Representatives for having sexual relations with a teenage House page.

Marion Barry – Democrat – mayor of Washington, D.C. Convicted of cocaine possession after being caught on videotape smoking crack cocaine. Sentenced to six months in prison.

Lee Alexander – Democrat – Mayor of Syracuse, N.Y. Was indicted over a $1.5 million kickback scandal. Pleaded guilty to racketeering and tax evasion charges. Served six years in prison.

Edward Mezvinsky – Democrat – U.S. Representative from Iowa. Indicted on 56 federal fraud charges.

James A. Traficant Jr. – Member of House of Representatives from Ohio. Expelled from Congress after being convicted of corruption charges. Sentenced today to eight years in prison for accepting bribes and kickbacks.

ROD BLAGOJEVICH, Governor of Illinois, stated that the Senate seat “is a f’ing valuable thing, you just don’t give it away for nothing.” He had a good friend, too.

Tony Rezko “assisted Blagojevich in setting up the state’s first Democratic administration in twenty years. Rezko was able to have business associates appointed onto several state boards. Rezko and several others were indicted on federal charges in October 2006, for using their connections to the state boards to demand kickbacks from businesses that wanted to do business with the state. While the others pleaded guilty to the charges, Rezko pleaded not guilty and was found guilty of 16 of the 24 charges filed against him.” (Wiki)

I don't remember a little old lady flying a plane into a building lately.

I was just saying on 9/10/01, "I don't remember 19 guys hijacking four planes with box cutters and crashing them into buildings lately."

:razz:

The problem I have with the Congressman's remarks is that he starts out with what could be a rational and legitimate (if that is still a word that is allowed) argument, but then he dons a clown hat and reaches down his own throat and pulls his ass out of his mouth and begins spewing a bunch of rabid bullshit. So he blew himself, and whatever point he was trying to make, up.

yeah, lots of politicians have had that problem as of late.

i am always amused when i am pulled out of line and searched.....i mean really do i look threatening....do i look like i have a bomb in my coochie? what the hell?

i am always amused when i am pulled out of line and searched.....i mean really do i look threatening....do i look like i have a bomb in my coochie? what the hell?

I tried. Last time I flew I wore rubber one piece flip flops sure that no one would take those shoes. Well they did. When I retrieved them from the conveyor belt I slipped them on, but the TSA agent told me with a definite smirk "Take them off and put them on over there." I had to walk barefoot over that slimey floor. She did it, because she could and it pleased her to be what she thought was humiliating.

The 74 year old grandma could be spreadeagled and searched because it's acceptable to treat her like that. The 20 year old muslim male would scream racisim and the agent fired.

Forum List

Back