GOP Congressman Leading Fight Against Rangel Has His Own Ethics Woes

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
To bring new meaning to Crooks fighting one another:

GOP Congressman Leading Fight Against Rangel Has His Own Ethics Woes | TPMMuckraker

Rep. John Carter (R-TX) had nearly $300,000 in unreported profits from oil stock sales in 2006 and 2007, Roll Call reported yesterday.

It was Carter who earlier this month introduced the failed resolution to have Rangel removed from his chairmanship of the House Ways and Means committee. Carter told Fox News that Rangel had been getting "special treatment from the IRS," and that his problems were "embarrassing to the Congress."

But in 2006, Carter made $199,000 in profits through the sale of Exxon stock. He made another $97,000 the following year. And in neither case did he list the profit on his financial disclosure form. In mid 2008, Carter did amend the 2007 form to include "capital gains", but he say how much he earned through the stock sale.

Looks like the GOP will have to find another torchbearer to continue the fight against Rangel.

Oh Goody!! So lets keep Rangel in there then! That really was an incredibly weak & feeble argument in favor of corruption on your part. "Hey look the other guy does it so why can't we?" How the H*ll can Charlie Rangel still be in charge of Ways & Means spending? How can the Democrats justify not at least removing him from his position on the Ways & Means committee? I guess you did just try though. lol! I shouldn't laugh though because such blatant corruption really isn't too funny. Charlie Rangel should have been gone a long time ago.

Oh Goody!! So lets keep Rangel in there then! That really was an incredibly weak & feeble argument in favor of corruption on your part. "Hey look the other guy does it so why can't we?" How the H*ll can Charlie Rangel still be in charge of Ways & Means spending? How can the Democrats justify not at least removing him from his position on the Ways & Means committee? I guess you did just try though. lol! I shouldn't laugh though because such blatant corruption really isn't too funny. Charlie Rangel should have been gone a long time ago.

What did you miss in my post about crooks fighting each other? You wack job.

Y'know...One of the very few differences there are between remocrats and depublicans is that at least the (R)s tend to take out their own trash.

Really? Last I checked, they don't do a good job of it and keep some of their better members (Ron Paul) down. Same as the Dems except with certain other people.

Last edited:
Y'know...One of the very few differences there are between remocrats and depublicans is that at least the (R)s tend to take out their own trash.

Really? Last I checked, they don't do a good job of it and keep some of their better members (Ron Paul) down. Same as the Dems except with certain other people.
Then you haven't checked very well.

Of course, you could always come up with an extensive list of (R)s, who have come under congressional investigation for evident wrongdoing, where they didn't resign at least their committee positions, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ron Paul is irrelevant.

Then you haven't checked very well.

Of course, you could always come up with an extensive list of (R)s, who have come under congressional investigation for evident wrongdoing, where they didn't resign at least their committee positions, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ron Paul is irrelevant.

Except Ron Paul is not irrelevant. Do you believe the Federal Reserve should be audited?

Also, plenty of Republicans have come under investigation for evident wrongdoing, just not Congressional.

Ron Paul hasn't done anything wrong, let alone blatantly file fraudulent tax returns.

Is that list forthcoming any time soon?

I'm not saying Ron Paul did anything wrong. I'm saying the Republicans prevented him from trying to have an audit of the Fed.

As for that list, we both know the number of Republicans who have had CONGRESSIONAL investigations is different from the ones in general. The # of Congressional investigations are a lot less than just investigations in general. Though perhaps you could name some Republicans that were investigated by Congress and at least resigned their committee chair.

So because on Congressman allegedly did something wrong, we should discipline a congressman we know did something wrong?

The logic on this board is just amazing sometimes.

Love how Dems defend their criminals, they made the Jews at Masada look like 'fraidy cats.

Who fought harder, the Soviets retaking Stalingrad or Dems defending their criminal Congressman?

Forum List

Back