GOP Congressman compares women to smokers

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Tex.), the head of the Republicans campaign committee, caused a stir at last night's Rules Committee meeting when he suggested that treating female-related health conditions was comparable to insurance-company imposed restrictions on smokers.

"Why should a woman pay more than a man?" asked New Jersey Democrat Frank Pallone, according to the Courthouse News Service.

"Well, we're all different," Sessions explained. "Why should a smoker pay more?" he said before interrupted.

POLITICO.com

In the House Rules Committee the Friday before the vote, Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX), who is also the chief recruiter for Republican House campaigns in 2010, justified the practice of insurance companies discriminating against women by comparing gender differences to smokers and non-smokers.

The next day — on Saturday morning — Rep. Tom Price (R-GA) and several of his GOP colleagues shouted down congresswomen making 1-minute speeches on the importance of health reform for women. Wasserman Schultz denounced the interruption tactics and Sessions’ comparison of women to smokers as the “Republicans’ back of the hand treatment to women”

...in 2006, nine Senate Republicans voted to explicitly kill a proposal that would have ensured that insurance companies cannot use domestic violence as a pretext for denying coverage to women.

Rep. Wasserman Schultz: Republicans Are Giving Women A ‘Back-Of-The-Hand Treatment’

"he said before interrupted", he has a point, actually women pay LESS as they get older than men do as well as less on life insurance and car insurance and there are reasons for this, women statistically take better care of themselves,take less risks and thus have fewer incidents,accidents and they live longer. They only pay more at the younger ages when they are going to the Doctor much more regularly than men, their chances of getting pregnant and having problems;even with no maternity benefits, insurance still covers her and the baby on most plans after it's born.

Answers can't be given in 10 second sound bites but it does make for some damn good political media drama.

Being a woman is a choice. These fucking liberals want to just keep handing shit out to women just because they chose to have a vagina. Well that shit stops here. God bless you Pete Sessions.

"he said before interrupted", he has a point, actually women pay LESS as they get older than men do as well as less on life insurance and car insurance and there are reasons for this, women statistically take better care of themselves,take less risks and thus have fewer incidents,accidents and they live longer. They only pay more at the younger ages when they are going to the Doctor much more regularly than men, their chances of getting pregnant and having problems;even with no maternity benefits, insurance still covers her and the baby on most plans after it's born.

Answers can't be given in 10 second sound bites but it does make for some damn good political media drama.

Librul hatred continues to be its own source of embarrassment. Nicely done.

The thread should close after this but the Librul Zombies started their brain feeding frenzy and it won't stop until they exhausted themselves ranting against Republicans, Palin Bush and Fox News

The thread should close after this but the Librul Zombies started their brain feeding frenzy and it won't stop until they exhausted themselves ranting against Republicans, Palin Bush and Fox News

You're right Frank...Liberals hate the injustice, discrimination and ignorance you right wingers embrace...

You're right Frank...Liberals hate the injustice, discrimination and ignorance you right wingers embrace...

Sessionssssssssssssss we hates hims! We luvs wimmen we fights for Justice we loves all people especially the tasty ones....pass the ketchup

Last edited:
Yet one more example of seeing only what you want to see. Context, people, context! Was he saying women should pay more - actually, no. He was saying that we are all individuals and there can be no 'one size fits all' solution.

Jeeeeez, it's really pathetic how we twist the words of others in order to score partisan points.

Sessionssssssssssssss we hates hims! We luvs wimmen we fights for Justice we loves all people especially the tasty ones....pass the ketchup

Frank, no offense but are you not capable of resizing an image before you post it?

Being a woman is a choice. These fucking liberals want to just keep handing shit out to women just because they chose to have a vagina. Well that shit stops here. God bless you Pete Sessions.
you don't know just how right you are. A guy here in town has paid $73,000 in surgery to chose being a woman....

Discrimination is a good thing, actuary science has these things down to ;well; a science. I mean should a person;man or woman; who doesn't smoke,doesn't drink,do drugs, exercises regularly and eats only healthy foods pay the same as the fat sonofabitch who smokes three packs of Marlboro Reds a day, goes home and knocks down a 12 pack of Budweiser before he has his 14 hour snoozefest? If you say yes, not only are you a dumbfuck but the rates will go UP to the fat fuck not DOWN to the healthy person or even somewhere in the middle. Same with a young woman who goes to the Doctor every 3 months for PAP Smears, breast exams and what have you while us men keep on not going, it eventually catches up to our dumbasses and we start paying the price in our mid years on as well as not living as long, women do get the last laugh.

Discrimination is a good thing, actuary science has these things down to ;well; a science. I mean should a person;man or woman; who doesn't smoke,doesn't drink,do drugs, exercises regularly and eats only healthy foods pay the same as the fat sonofabitch who smokes three packs of Marlboro Reds a day, goes home and knocks down a 12 pack of Budweiser before he has his 14 hour snoozefest? If you say yes, not only are you a dumbfuck but the rates will go UP to the fat fuck not DOWN to the healthy person or even somewhere in the middle. Same with a young woman who goes to the Doctor every 3 months for PAP Smears, breast exams and what have you while us men keep on not going, it eventually catches up to our dumbasses and we start paying the price in our mid years on as well as not living as long, women do get the last laugh.

Hey! I warned you about peeking into My windows...

:lol::lol:

Yet one more example of seeing only what you want to see. Context, people, context! Was he saying women should pay more - actually, no. He was saying that we are all individuals and there can be no 'one size fits all' solution.

Jeeeeez, it's really pathetic how we twist the words of others in order to score partisan points.

No, there is no explaining this in a way that will make a liberal say "yeah, you're right. That is what he meant and it was a good point. Sorry."
They wont say that because they aren't interested in the truth. They are interested in spinning everything and anything they can for political gain.
Thus arguing like this or trying to explain is a waste of time.
The only proper response is to mock and ridicule.

I guess the party of Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy is more interested in women than the GOP. Except of course for Barney Frank.

:lol: Actually I was describing myself until just a few years ago:lol:

:lol: Actually I was describing myself until just a few years ago:lol:
Yeah, I'm feeling much better now, too!

Unfortunately this is way to stereotypical and not especially true.
To many examples of "healthy" people having heart attacks, strokes, etc and "unhealthy" people living to ripe old ages with few medical problems. This is why I believe it's more DNA related than lifestyle related.

Forum List

Back