GOP Congressman Blasts Own Party On Being Too Extreme

Black_Label

Registered Democrat
Jun 20, 2012
Glad to see there is at least one sane person in the GOP :up:

"Congressman Richard Hanna (R-NY) is fed up with the GOP.

Hanna singled out Michele Bachmann’s “suggestion that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin be investigated to see if she has ties to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood” as an example of a party that has gone off the rails.

The Syaracuse Post-Standard has the story:

“I have to say that I’m frustrated by how much we — I mean the Republican Party — are willing to give deferential treatment to our extremes in this moment in history,” he told The Post-Standard editorial board.

…“We render ourselves incapable of governing when all we do is take severe sides…” he said. “If all people do is go down there and join a team, and the team is invested in winning and you have something that looks very similar to the shirts and the skins, there’s not a lot of value there.”

…“I would say that the friends I have in the Democratic Party I find … much more congenial — a little less anger,” he said.
"

Republican Congressman Blasts GOP: Party Is 'Incapable Of Governing'

You realize that a member of the House isn't a Senator, right? Or are you really that unaware of how our government works?

Last edited:

Hanna singled out Michele Bachmann’s “suggestion that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin be investigated to see if she has ties to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood” as an example of a party that has gone off the rails.

“I have to say that I’m frustrated by how much we — I mean the Republican Party — are willing to give deferential treatment to our extremes in this moment in history,” he told The Post-Standard editorial board.

…“We render ourselves incapable of governing when all we do is take severe sides…” he said. “If all people do is go down there and join a team, and the team is invested in winning and you have something that looks very similar to the shirts and the skins, there’s not a lot of value there.”

…“I would say that the friends I have in the Democratic Party I find … much more congenial — a little less anger,” he said.
"

As attentive as you are in terms of opinions about the Right...I assume you might have missed this:

"Poland’s legendary dissident, Lech Walesa, can’t vote in the U.S. presidential elections but he has nevertheless decided to let his preference be known. He gave a strong endorsement to Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican contender and declared disappointment with President Barack Obama’s record.

Mr. Romney “talks about values” and “I’m very happy about it,” Mr. Walesa said after meeting Mr. Romney on Monday. Mr. Obama, on the other hand, failed to deliver on his promises of “reform,” Mr. Walesa said without elaborating."
Walesa Gives Romney Strong Endorsement - Emerging Europe Real Time - WSJ

Interesting?

I hope the GOP ignores this gentleman, and continues to be a lock step, dogmatic party, keeping up its cultural revolution purge, and surge further out of step to the right. The GOP doesn't want any moderates in their party, and wonder why the Northeast has become solid blue.

Interesting that Hanna kicked, the Nutsack Sucker Party candidate, Michael Kicinski's ass in the primary.

If you need an confirmation on which party promotes extremism...there is only one party that thinks moderates are bad

If you need an confirmation on which party promotes extremism...there is only one party that thinks moderates are bad

The Democrats?
They done kicked out all the moderates, now they are left with extreame radical leftist-Progressives-Commies..
you all must be proud

Which major party convention is more likely to disallow dissent from a speaker?

The GOP, for instance, has both pro-life and pro-abortion people.

The Democrats?

The GOP has gun-rights people and gun-banners.

The Democrats?

"

It's healthy for a democracy to have a strong opposition, believe me. But honestly, I think that even if the GOP were a very complacent party you would still think that it was not complacent enough.

The one that kicked out Joe Lieberman and Zell Miller?

If by kicked out you mean Joe was voted out by his constituents then yeah. Dont remember that huh?

What do you mean, don't remember that? Im the one who brought it up.

What is it with you guys today? It's like you are going deeper and deeper into insanity and dont even realize it.

Forum List

Back