GOP Congressman admits health care reform’s public option creates competition– OOPS!

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
Rep. John Shadegg [R] Arizona on why the Insurance industry did not want a Public Option:

“The for profit insurance industry did not want a public option ’cause they don’t like competition.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbzZ5yoeCPE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Rep. Shadegg Discusses Kucinich's Switch to 'Yes' Vote on Health Care Reform Bill[/ame]

Oops..Somehow I don’t think the Congressman meant to say this..But kudos to him for admitting the truth, accidental or not :lol:.

you guys need to watch the whole clip, he meant to say it and repeated the same train of the thought the entire time. he wants the insurance companies to compete, he believes they are a monopoly, unlike auto insurers....he is exactly right by saying it is obama and the dems are the ones who want to make the insurance companies wealther because this bill will require you to buy for profit insurance from companies that really have no competition.

nice try at a gotcha, but a truly embarrassing fail

Cricket.....................................Cricket

That is the sound of neotards trying to defend this one..

Rep. John Shadegg [R] Arizona on why the Insurance industry did not want a Public Option:

“The for profit insurance industry did not want a public option ’cause they don’t like competition.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbzZ5yoeCPE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Rep. Shadegg Discusses Kucinich's Switch to 'Yes' Vote on Health Care Reform Bill[/ame]

Oops..Somehow I don’t think the Congressman meant to say this..But kudos to him for admitting the truth, accidental or not :lol:.

Well Y.E.A.H--most businesse's do not like competition--da--duh--da-duh--da-duh. But the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is not supposed to compete with private industry--"is it"? He was right, the top 4 insurers in this country have a monopoly. The current health care bill that is going to be rammed down our throats will only make them more "profitable"--by forcing Americans to purchase from THEM.

How do you get insurance companies under control? You allow interstate competition within the insurance industry. Competition always reduces rates.

My state of Colorado, as he stated, formed a risk pool (as 33 other states have done) for people with pre-existing conditions & $3.00 per month comes out of all our premiums in the state of Colorado to insure people with pre-existing conditions.

YOU SEE LIBERALS--Your BIG MAMA Federal government really doesn't do everything for you.

"When government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is also big enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:
Love it, I just saw that on MSNBC. Wonder if Fox showed it?

Fox would take this clip & make the exact same point for interstate competition that Republicans have been talking about for several years now.

The author of this thread--doesn't realise that he just promoted the tableing of this current health care bill-that is being jammed down our throats--because it would make the top 4 insurers in this country MORE PROFITABLE.

IOW--the author of this THREAD just shot himself in the foot--:lol::lol::lol:

You Liberals are definitely are low on brain cell activity.

Maybe--you should actually watch the entire video before you initiate a thread--:lol::lol:

Well Y.E.A.H--most businesse's do not like competition--da--duh--da-duh--da-duh. But the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is not supposed to compete with private industry--"is it"? He was right, the top 4 insurers in this country have a monopoly. The current health care bill that is going to be rammed down our throats will only make them more "profitable"--by forcing Americans to purchase from THEM.

How do you get insurance companies under control? You allow interstate competition within the insurance industry. Competition always reduces rates.

My state of Colorado, as he stated, formed a risk pool (as 33 other states have done) for people with pre-existing conditions & $3.00 per month comes out of all our premiums in the state of Colorado to insure people with pre-existing conditions.

YOU SEE LIBERALS--Your BIG MAMA Federal government really doesn't do everything for you.

"When government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is also big enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

I don't know?? Were you born stupid or just grown up that way??

First I will make the point that our healthcare or peoples lives is not an industry that should be competed in..

But for your other point?? Who exactly does UPS, FedEX, and any other shipping company compete with?? The federal government.. Who do you think runs the United states postal service??

But here is the other little fact that you love to ignore.. UPS and FedEx are doing just fine profit wise in competing with a non profit organization now aren't they??

Do me a favor will you?? Think before you post.. I would really hate to think that an oreo is smarter than you.. After all it is just a cookie..

:lol::lol:

you guys need to watch the whole clip, he meant to say it and repeated the same train of the thought the entire time. he wants the insurance companies to compete, he believes they are a monopoly, unlike auto insurers....he is exactly right by saying it is obama and the dems are the ones who want to make the insurance companies wealther because this bill will require you to buy for profit insurance from companies that really have no competition.

nice try at a gotcha, but a truly embarrassing fail

That is the sound of neotards trying to defend this one..

idiot

YouTube - Rep. Shadegg Discusses Kucinich's Switch to 'Yes' Vote on Health Care Reform Bill

I don't know?? Were you born stupid or just grown up that way??

First I will make the point that our healthcare or peoples lives is not an industry that should be competed in..

But for your other point?? Who exactly does UPS, FedEX, and any other shipping company compete with?? The federal government.. Who do you think runs the United states postal service??

But here is the other little fact that you love to ignore.. UPS and FedEx are doing just fine profit wise in competing with a non profit organization now aren't they??

Do me a favor will you?? Think before you post.. I would really hate to think that an oreo is smarter than you.. After all it is just a cookie..

All this coming from the mental giant who gave us these classic posts:

Now see here is the problem with you morons!!!

Look at the pics above very carefully..

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5319/phony.jpg

That isn't Obama!! Since when does Obama have white hair and a mustache??

Talk about epic fail!! ROFL!!!

This will be the pic that dooms rebuttlicans!!

ROFL!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That picture never ceases to amuse me.

img-article---beinart-charles-rangel_1957125506.jpg

So what is more amusing?? The fact that it amuses you or that you didn't see that it wasn't Obama??

That picture never ceases to amuse me.

img-article---beinart-charles-rangel_1957125506.jpg
That was when he did his best work, ergo: NOTHING.

Yup!!! Some innocent old man laying there taking a nap.. And you fell for it hook line and sinker.. So that means your brains does it's best work when?? When it is doing nothing.. Which for you is all the time..

That isn't Obama.. You can see the hair and mustache in the small pictures you all posted.. I simply blew it up 100%..

The Photo That Could Doom the Democrats - Page 1 - The Daily Beast

To understand why the Rangel scandals are so dangerous for Democrats, you need to understand something about midterm landslides: They’re usually composed of three parts. First, the other party’s activists are highly motivated. Second, your own activists are highly unmotivated. Third, independents want to burn Washington to the ground.

There’s nothing Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi can do about the first problem. The stimulus, the bank bailouts, the auto-takeover and the health-care push have convinced large numbers of aging white people that Obama is Mao Zedong, and they’re not going to change their mind anytime soon. The best response to the second problem is to pass health-care reform and give Keith Olbermann something to get excited about. But perhaps most crucial of all is responding to problem No. 3.

Independents are the most fickle, the most cynical, and the least ideological people in the American electorate. When they’re unhappy with the state of the country, they tend to stampede the party in power—less because they disagree on the issues than because they decide that the folks running government must be malevolent and corrupt. In Washington, congressmen violate ethics rules all the time. But when independents get in one of their sour moods, these infractions become matches on dry tinder. In 1994, the scandals concerning Rostenkowski and the House bank helped sweep the Gingrichites into power. In 2006, according to exit polls, the scandals surrounding mega-lobbyist Jack Abramoff and Rep. Mark Foley did more to lose the GOP control of Congress than did the Iraq war. Pelosi became speaker, in fact, by running against the GOP’s “culture of corruption” and promising the “most ethical Congress in history.”

Now Republicans are hurling those phrases in her face. Democrats, who in April 2006 held a 17-point advantage as the party less “influenced by lobbyists and special interests,” have seen that margin dwindle to eight points, according to the Pew Research Center. The National Republican Congressional Campaign Committee has begun running ads against Democrats who accepted donations from Rangel, and two of the party’s most vulnerable congressmen, Alabama’s Bobby Bright and New Hampshire’s Paul Hodes, have called for Rangel to step down as chairman. Call them the canaries in the coal mine.

Well.. Since the pic is, well.. Not Obama.. I think that kinda kills the credibility of the entire article..

I mean.. Seriously.. This is nothing but pure fiction and right wing smear campaign..

Nice job there dude..

I did like how all the righties followed right along without batting an eye.. Funny shit there!! :lol::lol::lol:

All in a thread discussing Charlie Rangel.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/107459-the-photo-that-could-doom-the-democrats.html

Nice job there Majik.

And you call Oreo stupid?

HJMick....so, you agree then, that FedEx and UPS are doing just fine competing against the USPS and therefore set a precedence for this sort of private vs. public competition?

HJMick....so, you agree then, that FedEx and UPS are doing just fine competing against the USPS and therefore set a precedence for this sort of private vs. public competition?

I agree that FedEx and UPS are doing just fine, yes. Do they compete with the Post Office? To a degree, certainly. FedEx and UPS do not handle standard mail, USPS holds a monopoly in that area, so the competition is limited to express mail and package delivery. Furthermore, USPS is an independent government agency and has not directly recieved taxpayer money since the early '80s, this damn near makes them a private company.

Also, I am not convinced that using that competition as an argument in the health-care debate is workasble as the United States Postal Service is one the few agencies authorized by the Constitution.

Last edited:

the federal govt. owns the PO....but the day to day operation is run by the Postal Managers....not Congress.....
no they are not doing just fine ....they are having problems just like everyone else....the Drivers on my route are both concerned about their jobs.....if things dont pick up layoffs may be coming for some of them....

Forum List

Back