GOP committing political suicide

What IS disgusting; YOUR projection. You are so self centered and blind to your lack of caring about anyone but YOU, that everyone ELSE must ALSO be as devoid of morals...

It's a twist of the transactional analysis 'I'm OK, you're OK'. In your case it's 'I'm a scum bag, so everyone ELSE must be a scum bag too'

You stand with RACE-BAITERS and think you're qualified to discuss morals?
.... that's rich. Really, it is. :lol::lol::lol:

These fuckers have been sorting PEOPLE into racial, ethnic, and gender categories, pouring on fertilizer in order to create growth of bias and hard-feelings along those lines... and then coming back every two years to harvest the vote since they lost the Civil Rights battle in the 1960's. Only useful idiots believe they care about "people".

We didn't see the Democrats in power stand with the State of Arizona or the Rule of Law. We didn't see them stand for equal treatment and protection of all CITIZENS. What we saw was a deliberate distortion of a state's immigration law in order to foment racial division, and ALL for the sake of political gain.

The idea that somebody like you, who stands with lawlessness, who stands with those who would gladly subjugate our natural rights and our security for the sake of tumult and division on the off-chance it would result in more political power and lucre for THEMSELVES.... the idea that YOU would have anything to say to me about "morals" just shows your total ignorance.
You wouldn't know morality or honor if they bit you on your stupid ass.

Liberals and most Democrats stand with and for equal treatment and equal protection for ALL human beings, not JUST WASPs...

That includes ALL people; young, old, black, brown, white, red, gay, straight, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, atheist...etc.

You right wing scum bags stand for 3 things; ME, MYSELF and I, and ALWAYS with the government, just as long as that government doesn't try to help fellow Americans. But government can't be BIG enough or intrusive enough for you right wing scum if the government is harassing, arresting, incarcerating or executing 'OTHERS'...which is anybody BUT YOU.
Man, you're fucking stupid!

Do you have ANY idea how many of those illegals are criminals who have fled their own countries to escape prosecution. How many are child molesters, rapists, murderers, etc. Or are you just one of the a-typical moronic liberals who think they are all here just to work and have a better life?

Do you realize that the majority of Arizonans support the law. Do you realize just how many of those Arizonans are hispanics who support the law?

Do you realize that the majority of americans support this law, and want our federal law enforced?

Do you realize that the arizona law mirrors federal law?

I know damn good and well that lunatics like you and your liberal ilk wouldn't say a god damn thing if Obama came out and said we are now going to start enforcing federal law. AND YOU KNOW THAT'S THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

For you lame fucks this is all about a republican governor and nothing more!

Your ignorance is absolutely fucking amazing!

Christ, liberals are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Surprise, surprise, some of us ACTUALY live with Mexicans. They are not quite as normal as painting of
Norman Rockwell. So, Sue me. I noticed. Most of them DON"T live up to that sanctified liberal ideal, not even close. , I wish you, Bfrgn, get that, because they don't give a shit about the Constitution. They don’t. Mexican illegals don't care about the Human rights, let alone American rights, and THAT is a fucking fact. So, why don’t YOU commit suicide? Hyperbole. I wish you a long, healthy life, bubba.

Well, that just cements the fact that you were not mugged by liberals. So, WHAT political persuasion is left to choose from?

What is way beyond any of you right wing law & order freaks is that YOU are siding WITH government...it's called STATISM...LOL

My concern is not for people here illegally, it's concern for American citizens and people that LOOK LIKE someone that 'could' be here illegally. I'd love to see your reaction if suddenly YOUR genetic profile was the target of this law...your squealing would never end.

We got to see what the right wing authoritarians do to human beings that LOOK LIKE the people that attacked America on 911. How many thousands of innocent Iraqi men women and children were exterminated? How many were tortured without any inkling of thought by the right that many of them were not guilty of being terrorists?

The truth is you right wingers are not tough on crime, you are tough on freedom and liberty. You are extremely dangerous to a free and open society.

Those who want the Government to regulate matters of the mind and spirit are like men who are so afraid of being murdered that they commit suicide to avoid assassination.
President Harry S. Truman

You stand with RACE-BAITERS and think you're qualified to discuss morals?
.... that's rich. Really, it is. :lol::lol::lol:

These fuckers have been sorting PEOPLE into racial, ethnic, and gender categories, pouring on fertilizer in order to create growth of bias and hard-feelings along those lines... and then coming back every two years to harvest the vote since they lost the Civil Rights battle in the 1960's. Only useful idiots believe they care about "people".

We didn't see the Democrats in power stand with the State of Arizona or the Rule of Law. We didn't see them stand for equal treatment and protection of all CITIZENS. What we saw was a deliberate distortion of a state's immigration law in order to foment racial division, and ALL for the sake of political gain.

The idea that somebody like you, who stands with lawlessness, who stands with those who would gladly subjugate our natural rights and our security for the sake of tumult and division on the off-chance it would result in more political power and lucre for THEMSELVES.... the idea that YOU would have anything to say to me about "morals" just shows your total ignorance.
You wouldn't know morality or honor if they bit you on your stupid ass.

Liberals and most Democrats stand with and for equal treatment and equal protection for ALL human beings, not JUST WASPs...

That includes ALL people; young, old, black, brown, white, red, gay, straight, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, atheist...etc.

You right wing scum bags stand for 3 things; ME, MYSELF and I, and ALWAYS with the government, just as long as that government doesn't try to help fellow Americans. But government can't be BIG enough or intrusive enough for you right wing scum if the government is harassing, arresting, incarcerating or executing 'OTHERS'...which is anybody BUT YOU.

Do you have ANY idea how many of those illegals are criminals who have fled their own countries to escape prosecution. How many are child molesters, rapists, murderers, etc. Or are you just one of the a-typical moronic liberals who think they are all here just to work and have a better life?

Do you realize that the majority of Arizonans support the law. Do you realize just how many of those Arizonans are hispanics who support the law?

Do you realize that the majority of americans support this law, and want our federal law enforced?

I know damn good and well that lunatics like you and your liberal ilk wouldn't say a god damn thing if Obama came out and said we are now going to start enforcing federal law. AND YOU KNOW THAT'S THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

HERE'S what you need to do...keep chanting...
this law will attract Hispanic voters

THEN we will witness the worst defeat in political history. When the Hispanic population becomes the majority in 2042, maybe justice will be served...a law profiling right wing pea brains...LOL

THEN we will witness the worst defeat in political history. When the Hispanic population becomes the majority in 2042, maybe justice will be served...a law profiling right wing pea brains...LOL
Speaking of pea brains. You TRY to claim that liberals stand for all, including gays. Then Why in the hell did a very liberal state like california vote overwhelmingly against gay marriage?

Why does your beloved Messiah not support gay marriage?

LMAO!

Bfgrn: It's stunning to me that the children of people that I can not even believe are here legally , THEY question my presence in a neighborhood, let alone a state, let alone a country I have been in longer than their parents have been in the fucking country… Boggles my mind. I work hard, and I am not taking anything from anyone. They hate ME, because I ask that they respect my culture.
Maybe, I am asking too much as indigenous person . Can you respect that? Jesus, it’s enough to piss off the Pope.

Well, that just cements the fact that you were not mugged by liberals. So, WHAT political persuasion is left to choose from?

What is way beyond any of you right wing law & order freaks is that YOU are siding WITH government...it's called STATISM...LOL

My concern is not for people here illegally, it's concern for American citizens and people that LOOK LIKE someone that 'could' be here illegally. I'd love to see your reaction if suddenly YOUR genetic profile was the target of this law...your squealing would never end.

We got to see what the right wing authoritarians do to human beings that LOOK LIKE the people that attacked America on 911. How many thousands of innocent Iraqi men women and children were exterminated? How many were tortured without any inkling of thought by the right that many of them were not guilty of being terrorists?

The truth is you right wingers are not tough on crime, you are tough on freedom and liberty. You are extremely dangerous to a free and open society.

Those who want the Government to regulate matters of the mind and spirit are like men who are so afraid of being murdered that they commit suicide to avoid assassination.
President Harry S. Truman

Ummm... I'm thinking I could dig my ID out of my wallet without becoming prostrate with indignity over some imagined assault on my "human rights". :rolleyes:
...particularly in a State where stop and identify statutes are ALREADY on the books and already upheld.

Jillian's got her "Drama Queens" mixed up, I reckon. :lol:

Too bad you got it backwards fuckO. There will be a "worst defeat in Political History", but it ain't gonna be your camp who wins it you dumb shit. ~BH

Speaking of pea brains. You TRY to claim that liberals stand for all, including gays. Then Why in the hell did a very liberal state like california vote overwhelmingly against gay marriage?

LMAO!

What about Liberty? The dumb ass claims that The Republicans are against it, yet his herO the ZerO madman Obama never repealed the Patriot Act which allows The Feds to detain anyone for any reason. LOL!!! That's Nationwide too, not just one State. Hypocrisy at it finest! Kind of like still being in Iraq and Afganastan after running as an anti-war canidate. Liars. ~BH

Last edited:

LMAO!

What about Liberty? The dumb ass claims that The Republicans are against it, yet hus herO the ZerO madman Obama never repealed the Patriot Act which allows The Feds to detain anyone for any reason. LOL!!! That's Nationwide too, not just one State. Hypocrisy at it finest! Kind of like still being in Iraq and Afganastan after running as an anti-war canidate. Liars. ~BH
Yeah, the lib's silence on those issues is quite telling.

Obama played those clowns like a violin. And they continue to follow along like the blind lil' ignorant sheep we all know them to be.

Friggin' hypocrits!

Last edited:

Which is proof that even YOU recognize that Democrats are fomenting racial division for the sake of political gain. :eusa_whistle:

We shouldn't be deciding Law based on politics. It should be decided on what's Constitutional and what's best for the country within that framework.

For generations upon generations, white and brown have lived side by side in the Southwestern states in relative harmony. But hey... Democrats can't have people getting along, now can they? Without the politics of grievance, they've got nothing to run on. 'Cause it's not like their idiotic policies sell themselves. :lol:

LMAO!

What about Liberty? The dumb ass claims that The Republicans are against it, yet hus herO the ZerO madman Obama never repealed the Patriot Act which allows The Feds to detain anyone for any reason. LOL!!! That's Nationwide too, not just one State. Hypocrisy at it finest! Kind of like still being in Iraq and Afganastan after running as an anti-war canidate. Liars. ~BH

Obama played those clowns like a violin. And they continue to follow along like the blind lil' ignorant sheep we all know them to be.

Friggin' hypocrits!

Yea, kind of shoots the theory that Obama is a far leftist or a socialist. The truth is Obama acts like a moderate Republican from the 60's.

Are you pea brains that believe America has moved to the left aware of the fact there used to be liberal Republicans? ...LOL

Friggin' hypocrits!

Yea, kind of shoots the theory that Obama is a far leftist or a socialist. The truth is Obama acts like a moderate Republican from the 60's.

Are you pea brains that believe America has moved to the left aware of the fact there used to be liberal Republicans? ...LOL
Dumbest Post winner for this thread right here.

Only someone more radical than P-BO would even try to believe he was even CLOSE to centrist let alone on the right. My God. Mao probably wasn't pure enough for you.

Friggin' hypocrits!

Only someone more radical than P-BO would even try to believe he was even CLOSE to centrist let alone on the right. My God. Mao probably wasn't pure enough for you.

What would happen to if YOU owned your mind? Because it's clear your little pea is filled to the brim with right wing propaganda...CRYSTAL...

I've been around since Harry S. Truman was in the White House. I strongly suggest you turn OFF Faux Snooze, Porky Limbaugh and all the other right wing hate-mongers and revisionists, and actually study history...

Start HERE...

92.jpg
92.gif

Excerpt from:
Republican Party Platform of 1956
August 20, 1956

Our Government was created by the people for all the people, and it must serve no less a purpose.

The Republican Party was formed 100 years ago to preserve the Nation's devotion to these ideals.

On its Centennial, the Republican Party again calls to the minds of all Americans the great truth first spoken by Abraham Lincoln: "The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all, or cannot so well do, for themselves in their separate and individual capacities. But in all that people can individually do as well for themselves, Government ought not to interfere."

Our great President Dwight D. Eisenhower has counseled us further: "In all those things which deal with people, be liberal, be human. In all those things which deal with people's money, or their economy, or their form of government, be conservative.

"We shall ever build anew, that our children and their children, without distinction because of race, creed or color, may know the blessings of our free land.

We are proud of and shall continue our far-reaching and sound advances in matters of basic human needs-expansion of social security-broadened coverage in unemployment insurance - improved housing- and better health protection for all our people. We are determined that our government remain warmly responsive to the urgent social and economic problems of our people.

Labor
"Under the Republican Administration, as our country has prospered, so have its people. This is as it should be, for as President Eisenhower said: "Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country...they are America."

The Eisenhower Administration has brought to our people the highest employment, the highest wages and the highest standard of living ever enjoyed by any nation. Today there are nearly 67 million men and women at work in the United States, 4 million more than in 1952. Wages have increased substantially over the past 3 1/2 years; but, more important, the American wage earner today can buy more than ever before for himself and his family because his pay check has not been eaten away by rising taxes and soaring prices.

The record of performance of the Republican Administration on behalf of our working men and women goes still further. The Federal minimum wage has been raised for more than 2 million workers. Social Security has been extended to an additional 10 million workers and the benefits raised for 6 1/2 million. The protection of unemployment insurance has been brought to 4 million additional workers. There have been increased workmen's compensation benefits for longshoremen and harbor workers, increased retirement benefits for railroad employees, and wage increases and improved welfare and pension plans for federal employees.

In addition, the Eisenhower Administration has enforced more vigorously and effectively than ever before, the laws which protect the working standards of our people.

Workers have benefited by the progress which has been made in carrying out the programs and principles set forth in the 1952 Republican platform. All workers have gained and unions have grown in strength and responsibility, and have increased their membership by 2 millions.

Furthermore, the process of free collective bargaining has been strengthened by the insistence of this Administration that labor and management settle their differences at the bargaining table without the intervention of the Government. This policy has brought to our country an unprecedented period of labor-management peace and understanding...

Republican action created the Department of Health, Education and Welfare as the first new Federal department in 40 years, to raise the continuing consideration of these problems for the first time to the highest council of Government, the President's Cabinet.... We have supported the distribution of free vaccine to protect millions of children against dreaded polio.

Republican leadership has enlarged Federal assistance for construction of hospitals, emphasizing low-cost care of chronic diseases and the special problems of older persons, and increased Federal aid for medical care of the needy.

We have asked the largest increase in research funds ever sought in one year to intensify attacks on cancer, mental illness, heart disease and other dread diseases."

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=25838

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater (R) Late Senator & Father of the Conservative movement

Last edited:

:Obama only does anything "centrist" when he's dragged by his big ears to do it. :rolleyes:
He only reinforced our troops in Afghanistan because he HAD to. His choices were limited to either send more or withdraw. Even then he didn't send what was requested and made them wait for over three months. And frankly, I believe that his lack of will on the matter has cost lives while the Taliban tests his resolve. We've lost as many in less than two years than in the previous 7.
US Afghanistan death toll passes 1,000 - Telegraph

This utter 'case of the vapors' on the left at the prospect of a law enforcement officer requesting ID in the course of his/her duties is all political. It's just race-baiting, vote pandering.

Hell, if any of these yahoos wanted to shake Barry's hand, they'd have "provide their birthdates, Social Security numbers and citizen status to the Secret Service" for a background check just to be within arm's length of the guy. And yet they expect us to all fall on our faces, prostrate with indignation, that an American citizen might be asked to show ID. :cuckoo:
Michelle Malkin If You Take Your Graduate to See Obama and You Don’t Have Your Papers, You’re Going to Get Harassed

What would happen to if YOU owned your mind? Because it's clear your little pea is filled to the brim with right wing propaganda...CRYSTAL...

>snip insane freakout<

ooh WOW! Hit a nerve, did I? I've yet to see you utter a damn thing on here that you didn't come from some George Soros funded PAC. So don't preach to me bout independent thought.

:Obama only does anything "centrist" when he's dragged by his big ears to do it. :rolleyes:
He only reinforced our troops in Afghanistan because he HAD to. His choices were limited to either send more or withdraw. Even then he didn't send what was requested and made them wait for over three months. And frankly, I believe that his lack of will on the matter has cost lives while the Taliban tests his resolve. We've lost as many in less than two years than in the previous 7.
US Afghanistan death toll passes 1,000 - Telegraph

This utter 'case of the vapors' on the left at the prospect of a law enforcement officer requesting ID in the course of his/her duties is all political. It's just race-baiting, vote pandering.

Hell, if any of these yahoos wanted to shake Barry's hand, they'd have "provide their birthdates, Social Security numbers and citizen status to the Secret Service" for a background check just to be within arm's length of the guy. And yet they expect us to all fall on our faces, prostrate with indignation, that an American citizen might be asked to show ID. :cuckoo:
Michelle Malkin If You Take Your Graduate to See Obama and You Don’t Have Your Papers, You’re Going to Get Harassed

You continue your straw man argument and continue to exhibit your scurrilous rationalization of liberals based on YOUR own cold blooded callousness...the people who are MOST angry at Arizona's racist law are the people whose genetic profile is the target of that law...and liberals like myself are appalled at the racist discrimination intrinsic in this draconian 'show me your papers' law. The wisdom of President Kennedy comes to mind: "The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened."

Protests against Arizona immigration law go nationwide

(CNN) -- Thousands of protesters in cities across the United States waved American flags as they rallied Saturday against Arizona's tough new immigration law and pushed for national immigration reform.

"Si se puede," "Yes we can" and "Boycott Arizona" were common refrains for groups protesting from Los Angeles, California, to New York City.

May 1 is traditionally a rallying day for supporters of immigration reform. But protesters across the country said they were galvanized by Arizona's recent passage of a law cracking down on illegal immigration.

The new Arizona law requires immigrants to carry their alien registration documents at all times and requires police to question people if there is reason to suspect they are in the United States illegally. Critics say it will lead to discrimination and racial profiling.

Hispanics Oppose AZ Immigration Law, 70% To 27%

More than twice as many Hispanics oppose Arizona's new anti-illegal immigration law as favor it, according to a new WSJ/NBC News poll.

Not a surprising finding but it's still good to get some data that supports the anecdotal evidence.

The message sent by this poll is arguably that politicians who come out in favor of the Arizona law risk losing a lot of votes in an increasingly significant voting bloc.

WSJ/NBC Poll: Hispanics Strongly Oppose Ariz. Immigration Law - Washington Wire - WSJ

It was Thomas Jefferson who said: "It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own."

>snip insane freakout<

ooh WOW! Hit a nerve, did I? I've yet to see you utter a damn thing on here that you didn't come from some George Soros funded PAC. So don't preach to me bout independent thought.

WHO hit a nerve...:lol::lol::lol:

What's the matter, is your brain too small to READ the excerpt from the Republican Party platform. It's not from George Soros, it is actual history. It was written BY the Republican Party, before the right wing authoritarians hijacked that party...oh, that's another story written by a Republican insider...

Invasion of the Party Snatchers

9781402208416-m.gif

By Victor Gold

After four decades as a Republican insider, Victor Gold reveals how the holy-rollers and the Neo-Cons have destroyed the GOP. Now he's fighting to get his party back.

As a man who served as press aide to Barry Goldwater and speechwriter and senior advisor to George H. W. Bush (in addition to co-authoring his autobiography), Victor Gold is absolutely furious that the Neo-Cons and their strange bedfellows, the Evangelical Right, have stolen his party from him. Now he is bringing the fight to them.

Invasion of the Party Snatchers is a blistering critique not only of the Bush-Cheney administration but also of the Republican Congress. Gold is ready to tell all about the war being waged for the soul of the GOP, including the elder Bush's opinion of his sons work domestically and abroad, the significance of the newly elected Congress, and how Goldwater would have reacted to it all. Gold reveals, among other explosive disclosures, how George W. has been manipulated by his vice president and secretary of defense to become, in Lenin's famous phrase, a "useful idiot" for Neo-Conservative warmongers and Theo-Conservative religious fanatics.

Although there have been other books by dissident Republicans attacking the Bush-Cheney administrations betrayal of conservative principles, none have been by an insider whose political credentials include inner-circle status with Barry Goldwater and George H. W. Bush.

Review:
"Make no mistake: author Gold, a former speechwriter for George H.W. Bush and aide to Barry Goldwater, is one disgusted Republican. The GOP of the 2006 midterm election, he writes, is 'a party of pork-barrel ear-markers like Dennis Hastert, of political hatchet men like Karl Rove, and of Bible-thumping hypocrites like Tom Delay.' Gold looks to Goldwater, 'a straight-talking, freethinking maverick,' as the yardstick by which to measure just how far the party of Lincoln has fallen.

He traces the beginning of the end to the 1980 Republican National Convention and the presence of 'a militant new element...personified by Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell.' The other half of the equation, the neoconservatives, are embodied by Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld, 'two cuts from the same Machiavellian cloth.' In efficient prose, Gold scrutinizes a significant swath of recent GOP history, in particular Newt Gingrich's 104th Congress and the Bush II White House, without losing momentum.

He also has choice words for 'the Coulterization of Republican rhetoric,' the revolving door between Capitol Hill and K Street, and 'sideshow' legislation like the Flag Protection Amendment. Gold sees a promising future for the Republican Party, but not until they lose some major elections and are able to keep down a slice of humble pie; for those disillusioned with the state of the GOP, this quick, uncompromising polemic provides substantial support, along with a large dose of cold comfort." Publishers Weekly (Starred Review) (Copyright Reed Business Information, Inc.)

Synopsis:
The last real Goldwater conservative in America attacks the current state of his movement and his party.
Powell's Books - Invasion of the Party Snatchers: How the Holy-Rollers and Neo-Cons Destroyed the GOP by Victor Gold

profile_pic2.jpg

Victor Gold grew up in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he attended the public schools, and Tulane University. After working as a reporter-correspondent for the BIRMINGHAM (Alabama) NEWS, he earned his law degree (J.D.) from the University of Alabama. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War, 1950-52.

In 1958 he moved to Washington, D.C., and joined the public relations firm of Selvage & Lee. Six years later he became Deputy Press Secretary to Senator Barry Goldwater during the 1964 presidential campaign.

In 1965 Gold opened his own political public relations firm in Washington, listing among his clients then-Republican House leader Gerald Ford and Senator Bob Dole. At the Republican conventions of 1968 and 1976 he worked with press secretary Lyn Nofziger on behalf of the presidential candidacy of then-California Governor Ronald Reagan. During the Nixon administration he served as press secretary to Vice President Spiro T. Agnew until January, 1973.

In 1980 Gold joined the staff of Republican presidential candidate George H. W. Bush as a speechwriter and senior advisor, a position he held during the Reagan-Bush campaigns of '80 and '84. He served on the Bush vice-presidential staff in 1981, and as a Bush advisor in the campaigns of 1988 and 1992. In 1992 he received the Distinguished Achievement Award for Political Communication from his alma mater, the University of Alabama.

In 1989 Gold served as a member of President Bush's election-oversight delegation to the first free Romanian elections.

A frequent speaker on the national political and campus circuits, Gold has also appeared on numerous network television shows. His articles, covering politics and sports, have appeared in NEWSWEEK, HARPER'S, ATLANTIC MONTHLY, PLAYBOY, CONNOISSEUR, READERS' DIGEST, NATIONAL REVIEW, THE WEEKLY STANDARD, NEW REPUBLIC, THE NEW YORK TIMES, THE LOS ANGELES TIMES, and THE WASHINGTON POST.

>snip insane freakout<

WHO hit a nerve...:lol::lol::lol:

What's the matter, is your brain too small to READ the excerpt from the Republican Party platform. It's not from George Soros, it is actual history. It was written BY the Republican Party, before the right wing authoritarians hijacked that party...oh, that's another story written by a Republican insider...

Invasion of the Party Snatchers

9781402208416-m.gif

By Victor Gold

After four decades as a Republican insider, Victor Gold reveals how the holy-rollers and the Neo-Cons have destroyed the GOP. Now he's fighting to get his party back.

As a man who served as press aide to Barry Goldwater and speechwriter and senior advisor to George H. W. Bush (in addition to co-authoring his autobiography), Victor Gold is absolutely furious that the Neo-Cons and their strange bedfellows, the Evangelical Right, have stolen his party from him. Now he is bringing the fight to them.

Invasion of the Party Snatchers is a blistering critique not only of the Bush-Cheney administration but also of the Republican Congress. Gold is ready to tell all about the war being waged for the soul of the GOP, including the elder Bush's opinion of his sons work domestically and abroad, the significance of the newly elected Congress, and how Goldwater would have reacted to it all. Gold reveals, among other explosive disclosures, how George W. has been manipulated by his vice president and secretary of defense to become, in Lenin's famous phrase, a "useful idiot" for Neo-Conservative warmongers and Theo-Conservative religious fanatics.

Although there have been other books by dissident Republicans attacking the Bush-Cheney administrations betrayal of conservative principles, none have been by an insider whose political credentials include inner-circle status with Barry Goldwater and George H. W. Bush.

Review:
"Make no mistake: author Gold, a former speechwriter for George H.W. Bush and aide to Barry Goldwater, is one disgusted Republican. The GOP of the 2006 midterm election, he writes, is 'a party of pork-barrel ear-markers like Dennis Hastert, of political hatchet men like Karl Rove, and of Bible-thumping hypocrites like Tom Delay.' Gold looks to Goldwater, 'a straight-talking, freethinking maverick,' as the yardstick by which to measure just how far the party of Lincoln has fallen.

He traces the beginning of the end to the 1980 Republican National Convention and the presence of 'a militant new element...personified by Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell.' The other half of the equation, the neoconservatives, are embodied by Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld, 'two cuts from the same Machiavellian cloth.' In efficient prose, Gold scrutinizes a significant swath of recent GOP history, in particular Newt Gingrich's 104th Congress and the Bush II White House, without losing momentum.

He also has choice words for 'the Coulterization of Republican rhetoric,' the revolving door between Capitol Hill and K Street, and 'sideshow' legislation like the Flag Protection Amendment. Gold sees a promising future for the Republican Party, but not until they lose some major elections and are able to keep down a slice of humble pie; for those disillusioned with the state of the GOP, this quick, uncompromising polemic provides substantial support, along with a large dose of cold comfort." Publishers Weekly (Starred Review) (Copyright Reed Business Information, Inc.)

Synopsis:
The last real Goldwater conservative in America attacks the current state of his movement and his party.
Powell's Books - Invasion of the Party Snatchers: How the Holy-Rollers and Neo-Cons Destroyed the GOP by Victor Gold

profile_pic2.jpg

Victor Gold grew up in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he attended the public schools, and Tulane University. After working as a reporter-correspondent for the BIRMINGHAM (Alabama) NEWS, he earned his law degree (J.D.) from the University of Alabama. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War, 1950-52.

In 1958 he moved to Washington, D.C., and joined the public relations firm of Selvage & Lee. Six years later he became Deputy Press Secretary to Senator Barry Goldwater during the 1964 presidential campaign.

In 1965 Gold opened his own political public relations firm in Washington, listing among his clients then-Republican House leader Gerald Ford and Senator Bob Dole. At the Republican conventions of 1968 and 1976 he worked with press secretary Lyn Nofziger on behalf of the presidential candidacy of then-California Governor Ronald Reagan. During the Nixon administration he served as press secretary to Vice President Spiro T. Agnew until January, 1973.

In 1980 Gold joined the staff of Republican presidential candidate George H. W. Bush as a speechwriter and senior advisor, a position he held during the Reagan-Bush campaigns of '80 and '84. He served on the Bush vice-presidential staff in 1981, and as a Bush advisor in the campaigns of 1988 and 1992. In 1992 he received the Distinguished Achievement Award for Political Communication from his alma mater, the University of Alabama.

In 1989 Gold served as a member of President Bush's election-oversight delegation to the first free Romanian elections.

A frequent speaker on the national political and campus circuits, Gold has also appeared on numerous network television shows. His articles, covering politics and sports, have appeared in NEWSWEEK, HARPER'S, ATLANTIC MONTHLY, PLAYBOY, CONNOISSEUR, READERS' DIGEST, NATIONAL REVIEW, THE WEEKLY STANDARD, NEW REPUBLIC, THE NEW YORK TIMES, THE LOS ANGELES TIMES, and THE WASHINGTON POST.
The above post yet again proves that ya' can't fix stupid!

Package this fool with Chris, rdean, Ravi, Zona, and a few others, and we've got the makings for a fucking asyllum!

Last edited:
The above post yet again proves that ya' can't fix stupid!

Package this fool with Chris, rdean, Ravi, Zona, and a few others, and we've got the makings for a fucking asyllum!

He's a slave to his own invented assumptions. He pulls from the air the idea that "all Republicans want a return to the 1950's", and then he goes out in search of evidence... never realizing that he has NO IDEA what people want... because HE DOESN'T LISTEN. :lol:

It's not like nobody around here hasn't mentioned what the problem is with Big Government. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back