GOP CNN debate February 22, 2012--Your thoughts?

Which GOP candidate won the CNN debate of Feb. 23, 2012?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I felt Romney did quite well, which, needless to say was surprising.

Romney did do quite well. Not very surprising considering he's done well it many of these debates. The more he debates the better he gets.

Yes, is that not obvious. The people booing were the bloodthirsty right. Similar to the bloodthirsty left that cheer Obama's wars while decrying Iraq. Hypocrisy at its worst.

So because people don't naively think problems are going to go away if we ignore them, especially problems that want to murder us, they are bloodthirsty?

You think anyone wants a freaking war with Iran? No one does. We just all arent going to stick our heads in the sands as they prepare for war against us. Do you know how many people will die here in the United States if they keep driving up the costs of energy? Do you know how many people will be out of work? Within one week they've driven the price of gas up 20-30 cents. That's just by cutting the supply and making a few aggressive gestures our way.

And why? Because they know the President and too many of the American people don't have the will to stop them if they try anything.

I can guarantee you that before the end of the year, heck, maybe before the end of half, they are going to me acting militarily against both us and Israel.

I would give him a resounding win on that question not to mention the valid historical points he compared it to. Then again, it will not win him votes though I can almost guarantee that it will not loose him any either.

Except his answer was completely ignorant of historical points and any understanding of the regime in control of Iran. He seriously thinks he can deal with people who hold religious views where they are rewarded for dying in efforts to kill non-believers the same way that Reagan negotiated with a bunch of athiests who had fear of death and saw no point throwing their lives away.

Mutually assured destruction loses it's effectiveness to deter enemies when the enemies want to die for religious reasons.

But no. We should just ignore them when they say they want to destroy us. We should ignore their aggressive behavior toward us. It's not like preserving our lives is an important American interest at this point.

I am confident you guys would have had the same position with Jefferson declaring war against the Muslims on the Barbary coast.

I think you are for the most part correct.... I think they all had good points.

I just hope we ALL get behind whoever gets the knod from the GOP.

We cant afford to sit this one out folks. Its too damn important. We need to defeat Obama in November.
If that means we have to endure a Ron Paul or Rick Santorum presidency, then so be it.

Lets keep our eye on the ball!

We will not get behind Neocons. The Republicans will be losing GE's for years to come. Newt/Mitt/Santorum, lol, get real man.

Ron paul will not be the nominee and Rick or Mitt will win the general with or without your support.
You think one of those two will beat President Obama? You are deluded.

Ron paul will not be the nominee and Rick or Mitt will win the general with or without your support.

Anything is possible. except Ron Paul being nominated.
I think Ron Paul would do much better in a General than he ever can in a GOP primary. There are a lot of independents and young Democrats who would vote for him. He is the only one running for the Republicans who can take votes away from Obama.

But he can't win among wingnuts.

I think Ron Paul would do much better in a General than he ever can in a GOP primary. There are a lot of independents and young Democrats who would vote for him. He is the only one running for the Republicans who can take votes away from Obama.

He'd lose huge to Obama. A candidate who doesn't believe in the Civil Rights Act running against Obama? The media would be all over that.

And Iraq, Kuwait, Grenada, Vietnam, Chile, Iran, Korea, Guatemala, Guam, Philippines,

Owned... But the big spending Neocon won't be able to see that... Only when Obama does it.

You know, except that there were American interests in many of those endevours. Oops...

Yup, proving that anything is good enough reason... That was our point, thanks for proving it. You're nothing but a common Ron Paul hater, I called you out on it long ago and you have slowly proved you are.

If the Reps can't win the Paul vote they lose the GE, or is all of a sudden winning the GE against a sitting President an easy task?

How do you plan on balancing the budget, or ending wars like you now claim you would like when you support candidates that want to spend more and start more wars and expands others? Talk your way out of that Avatar. I used to have a healthy amount of respect for you, now it seems you are a bloated big Government type that can't even follow their own ideology for more than a few posts.

He'd lose huge to Obama. A candidate who doesn't believe in the Civil Rights Act running against Obama? The media would be all over that.
Oh, of course he would lose. They are all going to lose.

At some point, all this is just to pad their post-election speaking fees.

Forum List

Back