GOP CNN debate February 22, 2012--Your thoughts?

Which GOP candidate won the CNN debate of Feb. 23, 2012?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Santorum had several good lines, but spent too much time on the defensive. I think he lost, and so Romney won by default. Neither Paul or Gingrich showed anything new that could raise their poll numbers.

I everyone did well in the debate. Everyone had moments of weakness. Romney won IMHO.

If anyone lost it was Paul on the Iran question.

And this is why the Republican party will not win the GE for many elections to come. Paul's support is growing, that means that the Republican party is shrinking. Deal with it Avatar, you're a dated dinosaur who keep wanting to spend more than we take in while claiming you are somehow different than Progressive liberals.

It’s in al honesty, fun to watch things working out as predicted, it’s evolution really.

All we have to do is wait for the old "vote for anything red" Neocons to die off...

There is not much doubt that Ron Paul's support is growing.

marijuana-should-be-legal-here-are-the-reasons.jpg

Yes, lets celebrate your authoritarian, racist, and failed war on drugs.

Ron Paul had a great debate--but his weakness is still on foreign policy.
Only amongst the Wilsonian neocon world police.

Engaging in military conflict to protect our interests isn't policing the world.

Policing the world is going into places we have no interest, such as Libya or Bosnia. Something that really isnt in any national interest.

I notice that you are hack, and only accuse Dems of policing the world while missing the most obvious:

IRAQ.

I think Santorum had several good lines, but spent too much time on the defensive. I think he lost, and so Romney won by default. Neither Paul or Gingrich showed anything new that could raise their poll numbers.

I think you are for the most part correct.... I think they all had good points.

I just hope we ALL get behind whoever gets the knod from the GOP.

We cant afford to sit this one out folks. Its too damn important. We need to defeat Obama in November.
If that means we have to endure a Ron Paul or Rick Santorum presidency, then so be it.

Lets keep our eye on the ball!

I notice that you are hack, and only accuse Dems of policing the world while missing the most obvious:

IRAQ.

Except of course the whole argument for going into Iraq was protecting our interests by:

1) Eliminating a dictator who was actively seeking WMDS
2) Who we and the world believed had WMDS (Including his very own propaganda machine)
3) Who sponsored terrorism
4) Who threatened the stability of the global oil supply.

While you can debate whether you think that these are enough reasons to constitute a strong enough American interest to go to war, you can't deny that there very much is an American interest involved.

IRAQ.

Except of course the whole argument for going into Iraq was protecting our interests by:

2) Who we and the world believed had WMDS (Including his very own propaganda machine)

While you can debate whether you think that these are enough reasons to constitute a strong enough American interest to go to war, you can't deny that there very much is an American interest involved.

You are such a hack.

1. North Korea sought and gained WMDs under neocon leadership, yet you fags did nothing while proclaiming your patriotism for ousting Saddam. Seriously, you are a hack.
2. You actually believed in that smoking gun theory? I am sorry, but that is no excuse and I laugh at people who think Iraq was going to drop a nuclear bomb on us.
3. Most of the terrorists came from our BFF, Saudi Arabia. Absolutely, no terrorist came from Iraq. Are people seriousness still spewing this BS?
4. Why do you make shit up? Iraq does not have the ability to disrupt global oil supply. Plus this was never an excuse for invading them. Please support this ludicrous claim.

Last edited:

Engaging in military conflict to protect our interests isn't policing the world.

Policing the world is going into places we have no interest, such as Libya or Bosnia. Something that really isnt in any national interest.

And Iraq, Kuwait, Grenada, Vietnam, Chile, Iran, Korea, Guatemala, Guam, Philippines,

Owned... But the big spending Neocon won't be able to see that... Only when Obama does it.

We cant afford to sit this one out folks. Its too damn important. We need to defeat Obama in November.
If that means we have to endure a Ron Paul or Rick Santorum presidency, then so be it.

We will not get behind Neocons. The Republicans will be losing GE's for years to come. Newt/Mitt/Santorum, lol, get real man.

We will not get behind Neocons. The Republicans will be losing GE's for years to come. Newt/Mitt/Santorum, lol, get real man.

Thats the problem I have with Paul supporters... its Paul, or I throw away my vote.

You get real man....! Obama will win again.

Im willing to get behind Paul if thats what it took, but not you idiots... take your fukin ball and go home pussy.

Thats the problem I have with Paul supporters... its Paul, or I throw away my vote.

Im willing to get behind Paul if thats what it took, but not you idiots... take your fukin ball and go home pussy.

What is the difference between Obama and let’s say Newt... or Santorum... Or Mitt? Go ahead, fucking shock us all... And use their records, not their language...

This is where you prove voting for one of them is voting for Obama. So of course you will get behind Paul, deep down you know he is a real conservative, in fact you know he is the only one that will balance the budget or at least try to do what he says.

The Paul supporters are people that voted for the “anyone but them” guy, the lesser of two evils but still got evil and took responsibility for that.

Look at the fakes on these boards, claiming we need war with Iran, supporting guys that want a COLD WAR with Cuba. Are you dipshits for real? 100% if Newt/Santorum or Mitt get into office they will spend more the very next year than Obama… The only cut any of them talk about is the future spending of Obamacare, yet that all have grand ideas of new spending, from Moon bases, to Santorum claiming we need to start taking out dictators…

Like I said, I don't give a crap... I already know Republicans are going to lose because they threat "Paulites" like crap, and that's 10% of the vote or more right there. You lose by default. Shrink the Party, vote Newt or Santorum lol.

Last edited:
The last debate before the Michigan and Arizona primary was tonight. My opinion Rick Santorum lost it and was booed on several occasions. When he stated he was a "Team player" regarding his vote to approve the no child left behind bill-- I think that outed him---along with much help from Ron Paul--who literally looked Santorum in the face and called him a FAKE--responding to an add that Paul had put out on Santorum's voting record. Ron Paul did better at outing Rick Santorum's voting record that Romney did--Paul just nailed Santorum to the wall on his voting record. Ron Paul had a great debate--but his weakness is still on foreign policy.

All in All I think Newt Gingrich--won this debate--he again showed his superior knowledge--and statesmanship in this debate--while Romney and Santorum got into some pretty good ones. Romney held his own as always--but wouldn't answer the last question--"what is it that you would really like the voters to know about you"--he really didn't answer--and he knows that everyone is very concerned about just how conservative he is. He missed that opportunity and went off on something else.

I think Santorum is TOAST after this debate--and believe that Gingrich makes an historic 3rd comeback to challenge Romney for the nomination.

Your thoughts?

I felt Romney did quite well, which, needless to say was surprising.

Ron Paul had a great debate--but his weakness is still on foreign policy.

Oh, is that who all those people booing were?
Yes, is that not obvious. The people booing were the bloodthirsty right. Similar to the bloodthirsty left that cheer Obama's wars while decrying Iraq. Hypocrisy at its worst.
I everyone did well in the debate. Everyone had moments of weakness. Romney won IMHO.

If anyone lost it was Paul on the Iran question.
I would give him a resounding win on that question not to mention the valid historical points he compared it to. Then again, it will not win him votes though I can almost guarantee that it will not loose him any either.

And you fail to realize why most of us are unable to support the others. You are missing the fact that, if you continue to support the crap that the GOP puts fourth, then we are destined to repeat the same bunch of sorry pathetic candidates ad infinitum. I am tired of the Bushes and Romneys. I am not going to cast a vote for 'not Obama' and to do so not only screams hypocrisy but is simply wrong. Why is Obama's defeat so important if you are going to vote in someone that is just like Obama? Big government cronies are the same and I don't care which letter comes after their name - they all must go.

IRAQ.

You are such a hack.

1. North Korea sought and gained WMDs under neocon leadership, yet you fags did nothing while proclaiming your patriotism for ousting Saddam. Seriously, you are a hack.
2. You actually believed in that smoking gun theory? I am sorry, but that is no excuse and I laugh at people who think Iraq was going to drop a nuclear bomb on us.
3. Most of the terrorists came from our BFF, Saudi Arabia. Absolutely, no terrorist came from Iraq. Are people seriousness still spewing this BS?
4. Why do you make shit up? Iraq does not have the ability to disrupt global oil supply. Plus this was never an excuse for invading them. Please support this ludicrous claim.

Dont need to make things up. Facts are funny things. you can deny them all you want, but they dont become any less true.

Within the past week we've seen exactly what happens when a Rogue country with oil resources decides to play games with the energy market. The only way we can possibly not have interest in the middle east and have the non-interventionist policy you desire is if we are energy self sufficient. Which by the way, if you paid attention to what I said instead of jumping to conclusions, you'd realize I completely support.

I am all for less wars. I am for reducing conflicts around the world. But Im not an idealogue on the issue and I realize that in order to actually do so, we need to be energy independent. I also realize that those areas of the world who want our complete and utter annihilation because of a religious belief, aren't going to go away simply because we shove our heads in the sand and wish really, really, hard.

Nothing in your post refuted a single point I made, which is that there is was an American interest at stake in Iraq. All you did swear a bit and rant. I hope it made you feel better. But it didn't address a single point.

Now, if you have anything relevant to say, please say it. Otherwise, you've proven my point.

And Iraq, Kuwait, Grenada, Vietnam, Chile, Iran, Korea, Guatemala, Guam, Philippines,

Owned... But the big spending Neocon won't be able to see that... Only when Obama does it.

You know, except that there were American interests in many of those endevours. Oops...

Ron paul will not be the nominee and Rick or Mitt will win the general with or without your support.

Relax. Obama won't win if some of the Paulites throw a hissy fit. They overestimate their numbers and most of them werent voting for Republicans when we were winning anyway.

What is the difference between Obama and let’s say Newt... or Santorum... Or Mitt? Go ahead, fucking shock us all... And use their records, not their language...

This is where you prove voting for one of them is voting for Obama. So of course you will get behind Paul, deep down you know he is a real conservative, in fact you know he is the only one that will balance the budget or at least try to do what he says.

The Paul supporters are people that voted for the “anyone but them” guy, the lesser of two evils but still got evil and took responsibility for that.

Look at the fakes on these boards, claiming we need war with Iran, supporting guys that want a COLD WAR with Cuba. Are you dipshits for real? 100% if Newt/Santorum or Mitt get into office they will spend more the very next year than Obama… The only cut any of them talk about is the future spending of Obamacare, yet that all have grand ideas of new spending, from Moon bases, to Santorum claiming we need to start taking out dictators…

Like I said, I don't give a crap... I already know Republicans are going to lose because they threat "Paulites" like crap, and that's 10% of the vote or more right there. You lose by default. Shrink the Party, vote Newt or Santorum lol.

Need a war with Iran? No. But it's going to happen because people pay attention to what the Iranians are doing.

We are talking about a nation run by religious extremists who think that we are the Great Satan. Our existence offends them. You think ignoring them is going to make them want to kill us less? It's not our support for Israel that makes them hate us. It's Israel's support for us that makes them hate them.

Iranians are making military moves as we speak and you think this is something anyone is going to avoid without them completely changing who they are?

This is precisely why people think the Paulites are dangerous.

Forum List

Back