GOP CNN debate February 22, 2012--Your thoughts?

Which GOP candidate won the CNN debate of Feb. 23, 2012?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
The last debate before the Michigan and Arizona primary was tonight. My opinion Rick Santorum lost it and was booed on several occasions. When he stated he was a "Team player" regarding his vote to approve the no child left behind bill-- I think that outed him---along with much help from Ron Paul--who literally looked Santorum in the face and called him a FAKE--responding to an add that Paul had put out on Santorum's voting record. Ron Paul did better at outing Rick Santorum's voting record that Romney did--Paul just nailed Santorum to the wall on his voting record. Ron Paul had a great debate--but his weakness is still on foreign policy.

All in All I think Newt Gingrich--won this debate--he again showed his superior knowledge--and statesmanship in this debate--while Romney and Santorum got into some pretty good ones. Romney held his own as always--but wouldn't answer the last question--"what is it that you would really like the voters to know about you"--he really didn't answer--and he knows that everyone is very concerned about just how conservative he is. He missed that opportunity and went off on something else.

I think Santorum is TOAST after this debate--and believe that Gingrich makes an historic 3rd comeback to challenge Romney for the nomination.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I everyone did well in the debate. Everyone had moments of weakness. Romney won IMHO.

If anyone lost it was Paul on the Iran question.

My opinion Rick Santorum lost it and was booed on several occasions. When he stated he was a "Team player" regarding his vote to approve the no child left behind bill-- I think that outed him---along with much help from Ron Paul--who literally looked Santorum in the face and called him a FAKE--responding to an add that Paul had put out on Santorum's voting record. Ron Paul did better at outing Rick Santorum's voting record that Romney did--Paul just nailed Santorum to the wall on his voting record.
inSanetorum wouldn't know a principle if it hit him over the head...."Team player" is just another name for party man hack.

Here's the commercial:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgNJBdTaKE8]Ron Paul Ad - Rick Santorum a Conservative? - YouTube[/ame]

My opinion Rick Santorum lost it and was booed on several occasions. When he stated he was a "Team player" regarding his vote to approve the no child left behind bill-- I think that outed him---along with much help from Ron Paul--who literally looked Santorum in the face and called him a FAKE--responding to an add that Paul had put out on Santorum's voting record. Ron Paul did better at outing Rick Santorum's voting record that Romney did--Paul just nailed Santorum to the wall on his voting record.
inSanetorum wouldn't know a principle if it hit him over the head...."Team player" is just another name for party man hack.

Here's the commercial:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgNJBdTaKE8]Ron Paul Ad - Rick Santorum a Conservative? - YouTube[/ame]
What did Santorum mean when he said "Take one for the team"? That was disturbing. :lol:

IMO, Paul always wins these things since his consistency and Constitutionalism are without question.

They all did well, especially Romney who was very impressive.

But I thought Santorum won in terms of accomplishing what needed to be accomplished to defend himself. Right now as the front runner in the last debate for this primary season, his opponents needed a knock-out punch and they failed to deliver one.

Pauls 'fake' accusation looked so ambiguous and petulent that I think it really harmed him more than helped. It is almsot as though the immaturity of the legalize-dope-NOW youth enthusiasts have warped his sense of what is good for him in PR endeavors.

I really hope he hasnt drunk that particularly vapid Kool Aid.

The last debate before the Michigan and Arizona primary was tonight. My opinion Rick Santorum lost it and was booed on several occasions. When he stated he was a "Team player" regarding his vote to approve the no child left behind bill-- I think that outed him---along with much help from Ron Paul--who literally looked Santorum in the face and called him a FAKE--responding to an add that Paul had put out on Santorum's voting record. Ron Paul did better at outing Rick Santorum's voting record that Romney did--Paul just nailed Santorum to the wall on his voting record. Ron Paul had a great debate--but his weakness is still on foreign policy.

All those attacks about Rick's pork are not going to do any good. Because the wingnuts will just excuse it all saying that's the way the game is played and he played the game for his constituents and Pennsylvania put money into the system and he just made sure they would be taking it out and blah, blah, blah.

I everyone did well in the debate. Everyone had moments of weakness. Romney won IMHO.

And this is why the Republican party will not win the GE for many elections to come. Paul's support is growing, that means that the Republican party is shrinking. Deal with it Avatar, you're a dated dinosaur who keep wanting to spend more than we take in while claiming you are somehow different than Progressive liberals.

It’s in al honesty, fun to watch things working out as predicted, it’s evolution really.

All we have to do is wait for the old "vote for anything red" Neocons to die off...

All those attacks about Rick's pork are not going to do any good. Because the wingnuts will just excuse it all saying that's the way the game is played and he played the game for his constituents and Pennsylvania put money into the system and he just made sure they would be taking it out and blah, blah, blah.
As I indicated, his words were "Take one for the team". Disturbing.

Ron Paul had a great debate--but his weakness is still on foreign policy.
Only amongst the Wilsonian neocon world police.

Engaging in military conflict to protect our interests isn't policing the world.

Policing the world is going into places we have no interest, such as Libya or Bosnia. Something that really isnt in any national interest.

It's really not going to help Paul considering all his pork and earmarks.

And this is why the Republican party will not win the GE for many elections to come. Paul's support is growing, that means that the Republican party is shrinking. Deal with it Avatar, you're a dated dinosaur who keep wanting to spend more than we take in while claiming you are somehow different than Progressive liberals.

It’s in al honesty, fun to watch things working out as predicted, it’s evolution really.

All we have to do is wait for the old "vote for anything red" Neocons to die off...

On what planet have I ever supported spending more than we take in?

All I suggest is that suicide is stupid.

Oh and considering Im still a fairly young man, I wouldnt be expecting me to die off anytime soon.

Last edited:

Engaging in military conflict to protect our interests isn't policing the world.

Policing the world is going into places we have no interest, such as Libya or Bosnia. Something that really isnt in any national interest.

And Iraq, Kuwait, Grenada, Vietnam, Chile, Iran, Korea, Guatemala, Guam, Philippines,

"Protecting our interests" isn't the standard...Protecting our national sovereignty and borders is.

Oh, and that doesn't mean protecting the borders of Germany, Great Britain, Japan, South Korea, Israel, Kuwait, Kosovo, Panama, or anywhere else.

There is not much doubt that Ron Paul's support is growing.

marijuana-should-be-legal-here-are-the-reasons.jpg

Last edited:

Now that I believe.

Ron Paul's support is growing.

Don't forget the prostitutes....

"Protecting our interests" isn't the standard...Protecting our national sovereignty and borders is.

Oh, and that doesn't mean protecting the borders of Germany, Great Britain, Japan, South Korea, Israel, Kuwait, Kosovo, Panama, or anywhere else.

So when Jefferson took out the Barbary Pirates in our First War in the Republic, what was he protecting? Our Interests, our Sovereignty, or our borders? Cause I dont think it was the two you mentioned.

Now that I believe.

Ron Paul's support is growing.

Don't forget the prostitutes....

That issue is not nearly as cut and dry.

Forum List

Back