GOP Candidate States His Black Opponent Is Pretending To Be Black To Get Votes

Black people say that about "uncle toms" all the time when they try to act black to fit in. What's the big deal?

Another thread to own Black Label, blacks say that all the time....whats new?

Plus he's the son of Jerry Tarkanian......he knows "authenic" black folks..... ;)

Another thread to own Black Label, blacks say that all the time....whats new?

Plus he's the son of Jerry Tarkanian......he knows "authenic" black folks..... ;)

Waaaaaaa waaaaaaa! Typical of those on the far right when you've been pinned in the corner, only to start trolling and acting like complete morons, than discuss the topic.

Last edited:
I had to just shake my head and :lol: at this,..

The GOP are showing off their downright stupidity once again, and this time a GOP congressional candidate states his black opponent is pretending to be black to get votes.

GOP Congressional Candidate Accuses His African-American Opponent Of Pretending To Be Black | ThinkProgress

happens all the time. Even with democrats fighting democrats.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8jtAASYdLw]Street Fight Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

I had to just shake my head and :lol: at this,..

The GOP are showing off their downright stupidity once again, and this time a GOP congressional candidate states his black opponent is pretending to be black to get votes.

GOP Congressional Candidate Accuses His African-American Opponent Of Pretending To Be Black | ThinkProgress

Think Progress?

Dismissed.

Think Progress is usually good about the information they present. It's the stuff they purposely omit that gets them in to trouble. Nevertheless, it's the first thing many liberals click on in the morning and it's their primary news source along with media matters. Of course, media matters are beyond discredited.

Last edited:
The quote is

“[w]e could be like Steven Horsford who’s not doing anything with [the African-American] community and, you know, pretend we’re black and maybe try to get some votes if that’s where it is.”

As I read it, Tarkanian, the white GOP candidate, is saying that for him (Tarkanian) to pretend to be black would be like his opponent (a black Democrat). Semantically, one could interpret this as an accusation that his opponent is pretending to be black, but I think it is clear that Tarkanian was merely saying that his opponent is black. I really don't think Tarkanian meant his statement to imply that his opponent was only pretending to be black.

As some of the ThinkProgress commenters have pointed out, Tarkanian's full statement is still pretty racially insensitive, even ignoring this interpretation of his words.

Another in a long unbroken succession of fail threads by head up his ass black label.

Awww, look who's all pissy when another one of your right wing masters is called out on their stupidity :up:

Forum List

Back