GOP candidate fabricated her college diploma

centerleftFL

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2018
Oh well, she's blonde and hot. And if she has a big chest, who cares about her credentials to run the state. That district is RED. So, she lied.

CAMPAIGN
August 11, 2018 - 11:02 AM EDT

University says GOP Florida House candidate faked her diploma: report
BY AVERY ANAPOL 2527

School officials said a Republican candidate running for the GOP nomination in a Florida legislative seat lied about graduating from Miami University and faked her diploma, according to a new report.

Melissa Howard, who wants a Sarasota-area state House seat, claimed that she earned a Bachelor of Science in Marketing from the Ohio school.

Florida political news website FLA News Online originally reported that Howard did not earn the degree, but briefly retracted their story after Howard provided a photo posing with a copy of her diploma...

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...diploma-report

Or, seems she proved the accuser wrong-

Facing accusations that she lied about having a degree from Miami University in Ohio, state House District 73 candidate Melissa Howard sprang into action.

The Lakewood Ranch businesswoman said she flew back to Ohio and obtained transcripts and a diploma proving she graduated. She distributed pictures Friday to media outlets — including the Herald-Tribune — of what she claimed is her diploma. She took to Facebook and posted what appeared to be her transcript.

In the Facebook post, Howard declared “The truth shall set you free!”

“It only took a night of flying back to my old stomping grounds to catch my opponent in yet another lie!” Howard wrote.
Herald tribune.com

Facing accusations that she lied about having a degree from Miami University in Ohio, state House District 73 candidate Melissa Howard sprang into action.

The Lakewood Ranch businesswoman said she flew back to Ohio and obtained transcripts and a diploma proving she graduated. She distributed pictures Friday to media outlets — including the Herald-Tribune — of what she claimed is her diploma. She took to Facebook and posted what appeared to be her transcript.

“It only took a night of flying back to my old stomping grounds to catch my opponent in yet another lie!” Howard wrote.
Herald tribune.com
From the link in the OP:

But after further investigation and confirmation with the university, FLA News reported Saturday that the diploma was fake.

Sarasota's Herald-Tribune confirmed with the university that Howard did not graduate.

Miami University General Counsel Robin Parker told the outlets that while Howard attended the university, there is no record of her earning a degree in 1994 or 1996, as she previously claimed.

The school also reportedly said that they do not offer a Bachelor of Science in Marketing, and that Howard would have earned a Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences if she had graduated with her Retailing major.
The diploma in the photo also reportedly displays signatures of university officials who would not have signed a diploma for a student graduating with a bachelor’s degree in that year.

National Student Clearinghouse, the non-profit group that works with Miami University and originally claimed Howard did not earn her degree, sent FLA News a certificate from the university stating that Howard did not earn a degree.

A picture on graduation day holding a diploma is a little difficult to stage.

Oh well, she's blonde and hot. And if she has a big chest, who cares about her credentials to run the state. That district is RED. So, she lied.

CAMPAIGN

BY AVERY ANAPOL 2527

School officials said a Republican candidate running for the GOP nomination in a Florida legislative seat lied about graduating from Miami University and faked her diploma, according to a new report.

Melissa Howard, who wants a Sarasota-area state House seat, claimed that she earned a Bachelor of Science in Marketing from the Ohio school.

Florida political news website FLA News Online originally reported that Howard did not earn the degree, but briefly retracted their story after Howard provided a photo posing with a copy of her diploma...

Kind of like lying about where you grew up and how poor you are?

CAMPAIGN

BY AVERY ANAPOL 2527

She's got a bright future in the GOP. Trump's diploma's are fake and they made him President.

Herald tribune.com

AND the school claims she did NOT graduate AND had some transcript with dates when she didn't attend. Yeah, the college got it all wrong.

See post 10.

Herald tribune.com

AND the school claims she did NOT graduate AND had some transcript with dates when she didn't attend. Yeah, the college got it all wrong.

“Please disregard that I am a liar and a fraud. I promise to be a better person once you’ve elected me to the Florida state House.” ~ Melissa Howard

Forum List

Back