GOP Budget 'Priorities'...and Social Values

(referring to above 'defense' spending chart)

The US is ahead!

Must be winning then, right?

Right?

What we need to do is elect a Congress and a president that will stop foreign aid unless there's an emergency, stop subsidies, stop pork spending, end the care and support of illegal immigrants, stop building mosques on foreign soil, stop senseless deadly costly wars, stop bailouts, stop wasteful spending such as the stupid fence along our southern border, end the ridiculous perks and benefits given to members of Congress, stop unnecessary government travel, stop lavish expensive White House parties and lavish expensive vacations for the first family, stop no-bid government contracts ( Halliburton ), stop the bribes paid to North Korea and Iran, stop supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists, stop wasteful military spending, stop Medicare and Medicaid fraud and corruption, end tax loopholes for the rich and corporations, stop funding grants such as those that study the sex habits of cockroaches, stop exploring the far reaches of the universe until we have the funds to do so, and funding terrorists and armies in foreign countries.

The above mentioned items should greatly help the budget, and should also keep tax dollars here at home to benefit Americans. Cutting the above items should be enough to fund infrastructure, education, health care, protect the environment, fund R&D for alternative energy sources, and other much needed programs that would greatly benefit ALL Americans.

But, the above will never be accomplished nor realized as long as voters continue to elect and to re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. Before any changes occur, voters must change. It's totally up to voters whether or not we have a representative government seated in Washington that will spend tax dollars to directly benefit all Americans, and keep tax dollars here at home. If it doesn't matter to you, then keep electing and re-electing professional politicians to serve in government. Just keep playing party politics, blaming one side or the other, stay divided, and sit back and watch the further deterioration and decline of this once great nation.

VERY, VERY well stated.......

Although I'm NOT in full agreement with this quirky adage, there is much wisdom in this....(lets bear it in mind.)

10306245_472019476278832_5016119522359191296_n.jpg
Yeah we attacked those poor Germans in WW2. Shame on us.

cut, slash and burn. These are people that don't believe America should lead in a damn thing.

Cut science funding
Cut infrastructure
Cut investment
Cut education

These people are fucking stupid. I am sorry I ever voted republican. I am done with them. I use to be proud of it. Damn, I won't be part in destroying our science institutions that are the best on earth because some asshole doesn't think we should lead. This is Taliban like thinking.

(referring to above 'defense' spending chart)

The US is ahead!

Must be winning then, right?

Right?

We're Number 1, We're Number 1!

Not for long if we cut our science programs and institutions any deeper. North Korea has one of the largest military on earth but they're not a notable power. It is our standards and our ability to compete at anything...

At one time I was a proud republican as I thought they were the party of Accountability but of great things. They defended science!!!! I can't support the new republicans.

Are we safe?
Safer than if we did nothing. Expecting a perfect solution is a long wait for a train that don't never come.
Nothing can be perfect, I agree. But, regardless of the astronomical amount of money we've spent on national security, our ports remain unprotected, we have open borders, and it's not too far fetched to believe that terrorists live here among us. Are we safe? The answer is no, not in the least.
If we did nothing, we'd be less safe. Which is why I agree with you. Obama has done squat and we're more vulnerable now then at any point in the past 5 years.

However, that does not mean we stop trying or stop working to change priorities.
What should he have done? After taking out Bin Laden?
"After Taking Out Bin Laden"? ----- We should've taken out all of our soldiers, never to return. The Middle East is a "no-win" situation, and will always be a "no-win" situation. We should mind our own business until threatened. We should use the money and resources here at home. Political wars are stupid, costly, and deadly.
Not something I can really argue with.

cut, slash and burn. These are people that don't believe America should lead in a damn thing.

Cut science funding
Cut infrastructure
Cut investment
Cut education

These people are fucking stupid. I am sorry I ever voted republican. I am done with them. I use to be proud of it. Damn, I won't be part in destroying our science institutions that are the best on earth because some asshole doesn't think we should lead. This is Taliban like thinking.
At the same time they are doing those things, they are calling you a liar and blaming Democrats for not stopping them.

Forum List

Back