GOP Broden: Violent Revolution Is "On the Table"

I use the term "interloper" to describe individuals who insert themselves into the ranks of legitimate participants to cause them to lose face with the greater population

I'm at an age when I'm at a loss for proper terminology/nomenclature

Part of the problem facing the Tea Party is that they're not well organized enough to root out the interlopers. In fact, they've resisted attempts to get organized. The problem is highlighted every time a Tea Party member, sponsor, or candidate advocates violence or engages in racist dialogue. I think most folks understand that the loonies and interlopers don't represent the crowd, but then the question becomes "Who does?"

Its not just that..

To paraphrase Bill Clinton, they do not know what "is" is. They lack defined leadership, a defined political position, a defined strategy. The result is that anyone who hates government is good enough to be a tea bagger.

To become a formal organization requires a formal leadership body, and this is a movement. Movements, once they have a leader, become "all about" the leader. This movement rejects being imbued with the faults, fallacies and frailties of any individual leader.

There have been and will be "spin'offs" but no official organization. It is less vulnerable operating in that fashion for the near future.

Last edited:
Wait a minute...interlopers?

I thought the tea Party movement was big tent operation.

You mean 2nd Amendment advocates who threaten revolution against the government aren't really members of the TEA Party?

Actually, the entire Tea Party movement is made up of interlopers...

You didn't think Sarah Palin is real did you?

Beck, who had Broden on his show numerous times, is distancing himself.

GOP Candidate Stephen Broden: Violent Revolution Is 'On The Table'

A Tea Party-backed congressional candidate in Texas is doing Sharron Angle's suggestive talk of "Second Amendment remedies" one better: he says violent overthrow of the government is "on the table."

"Our nation was founded on violence," Stephen Broden, a pastor running against Democratic Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson in Texas's 30th Congressional District, said in a recent interview with Dallas's WFAA-TV. "The option is on the table. I don't think that we should ever remove anything from the table as it relates to our liberties and our freedoms."
<more>

He's just talking. He won't risk his "life, his fortune, or his sacred honor (if he has any).

Yup those Black Panther "Community Organizers" just hate that Violent Revolution stuff. Seriously,why are the Hopey Changey sheep pretending they're so upset about this? Most of this current President's supporters are radical Left Wingnuts who fully support Violent Revolution. Just ask his good buddies William Ayers and Rev. Wright if you don't believe me. These Hopey Changey sheep are not only disingenuous hypocrites but are also a bunch of screeching dummies. Gee go figure?

No true American should be backing violent revolution. None. And it's sad there is even a debate about this. Sad..really to the core.

No true American should be backing violent revolution. None. And it's sad there is even a debate about this. Sad..really to the core.

Agree

It is amazing how non-chalantly the rightwing throws around revolution to a solution to no longer being in power

I can't imagine anything more un-American

still no link huh

I looked for one last night but all I kept getting were people saying essentially what i said with no direct Jefferson quote. It's a misnomer that everything is on the web you know. I would suggest a trip to the local library and a conversation with the bespectacled female behind the reference counter.

something like that would be on the web, no doubt....

that its not there makes me 99% sure you're wrong

Yup those Black Panther "Community Organizers" just hate that Violent Revolution stuff. Seriously,why are the Hopey Changey sheep pretending they're so upset about this? Most of this current President's supporters are radical Left Wingnuts who fully support Violent Revolution. Just ask his good buddies William Ayers and Rev. Wright if you don't believe me. These Hopey Changey sheep are not only disingenuous hypocrites but are also a bunch of screeching dummies. Gee go figure?

Go take a xanax or something, nutjob.

Forum List

Back