GOP blocks veterans jobs bill with budget vote

You look like your struggling. You still have internet capabilities ie. computer, internet provider service, you probably have a smartphone, iphone or blackberry.

As a vet he probably EXPECTS to have food on the table and a place to live and all of those other benefits he earned serving our country. The GOP only loves vets if they have died in the service of oil companies. Those still alive? not so much. Gravity? Why didn't you have the good sense to get killed serving your country?

How do people become such assholes like this??
jealousy

It was a budget point of order.

When do you plan on paying the bills.

Now as A VETERAN, I THINK IT SUCKS... But I do understand we dont have any money.

So what is your plan besides bitching. We have Del for that........

The bill was 100% paid for.

How by running up the debt.

You will have to prove it was paid for without adding to the debt and deficit.

You cant do it can you.

Running up the debt on an unnecessary war (Iraq) is ok, but adding debt to help the vets who fought the war, is not ok.

A question for this thread, S.AMDT.2789 which was blocked yesterday was an Amendment to S.3457 the Vets Job Corps bill which passed 95-1 in the same Senate on 9-11-12 was an Amendment to waive normal budget procedure and move the bill forward. In killing the Amendment the bill is done for until next year, frankly I find it interesting that killing the Amendment when you approved the same legislation a few days earlier does strike me as more political than it does with any high minded ideals when it comes to the nations spending issues. If that was the case the same people who had an issue with this in the first place would not have passed it to begin with. The question is however, is the problem with the Amendment? or the bill itself? It just seems a shame that Congress cannot set aside it's differences for just a moment to help these young men and women.

We do have such a thing as a constitution, and even though inconvenient to a desired result, it should hold sway over our government.

Section 7 - Revenue Bills, Legislative Process, Presidential Veto

All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives;

A question for this thread, S.AMDT.2789 which was blocked yesterday was an Amendment to S.3457 the Vets Job Corps bill which passed 95-1 in the same Senate on 9-11-12 was an Amendment to waive normal budget procedure and move the bill forward. In killing the Amendment the bill is done for until next year, frankly I find it interesting that killing the Amendment when you approved the same legislation a few days earlier does strike me as more political than it does with any high minded ideals when it comes to the nations spending issues. If that was the case the same people who had an issue with this in the first place would not have passed it to begin with. The question is however, is the problem with the Amendment? or the bill itself? It just seems a shame that Congress cannot set aside it's differences for just a moment to help these young men and women.

Of course it's political. The Republicans are willin gto do anything they can to ensure Obama gets nothing done. Remember what they told us? Their number 1 priority was to ensure that Obama was a one term President. Everything else that needs to get done comes secondary to that.

Remember what they told us?

They told us? Was it all of them? All at the same time?
Where did this conversation take place?
How did I miss it?

Republican Senators Boozman, Johanns, Burr, and Toomey kill veterans' jobs bill ..........

The Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, a vets group that supported the legislation, called the GOP move “a huge disappointment,” adding, “Today, politics won over helping vets.”
While only five Republicans voted with the Democrats to waive the GOP budget point of order measure, Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) led the GOP opposition. “When we find ourselves in $16 trillion of debt and we pay for a five-year bill over 10 years, we make the problem worse,” he said.
However, Veterans Jobs Corps bill co-sponsor Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) said on the Senate floor today that “this bill is fully paid for and does not violate pay-go rules.” (The New York Times said Murray’s aides say “say the program will be paid for by recovering more money from tax-delinquent Medicare providers and forcing big tax deadbeats to pay up before receiving passports.”)
Murray even tried to include most of the provisions of a competing Republican bill but Democrats still ran into opposition. Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said he would block the measure until the Pakistani doctor that aided the CIA in looking for Osama bin Laden was freed, while Coburn claimed the bill would have no chance of passing the House so it wasn’t worth the effort.
“I’ve been surprised at the many obstacles and weird arguments that have been thrown at us,” Murray told the Washington Post.

Senate Republicans Kill Veterans' Jobs Bill | ThinkProgress

Why not go after tax delinquents and deadbeats now and show us you mean business? Collect that money and pay down the deficit. Then maybe we'll play ball.
Running a bill through the Senate you know can't pass is just an electioneering ploy.

Forum List

Back