GOP Bigotry and DEM cowardist

You are describing the Taliban and Muslim extremists. Would you like for chrisitanity to be judged by the conduct of the Westboro Baptist Church? I'm sure Fred Phelps can quote the Bible all day long.

If only it where that simple. Unfortunately those people you dismiss as extremists are more like the leadership of the Southern Baptists than the Westboro Baptist Church.

So this is why you nattering nincompoops have suddenly 'rallied round religious tolerance' (hah! whattajoke). You got your panties of self-righteous indignation pulled out, puffed your chest out in false indignation and sanctimony and sallied to show us conservatives 'who's boss'. I knew I smelled some form of dumbassitude these past few days from you lockstep loons.

Mebbe so, Quantum Windbag. It's very hard for me to get any sense of what is going on because so many seem to be regurgitating fear-mongering rumors from the 'net or talk radio.

I don't dispute that there are whole countries that are submerged in barbaric versions of Islam. What I do dispute is that this is a fair characterization of the Manhattan congregation, or that we'll be safer the further away from Ground Zero these folks erect their mosque.

I agree. If that mosque gets built that would be an insult to all the innocent people that died that Sep 11. Let them build it in Nancy Pelosi's front yard and they can pray 5 times a day to her......

It's been a long time since there has been so much ado about nothing.
1. Cordoba House isn't even really a mosque. It has restaurant, gym, swimming pool, book store, etc... Since it has two prayer rooms, every one calls it a mosque.
2. It is not located at ground zero. It is two blocks as the crow flies, longer if you walk. You can't even see ground zero from the site.
3. Obama never endorsed the building of the mosque. He just stated that Muslims have the same right to worship and build a place of worship as any other religion.
4. There are now reports that Muslim leaders are considering selecting another site.

Heck, this little story was really bringing out the crazies.

W Broadway & Vesey St, New York, NY to 45 Park Pl, New York, NY 10007 - Google Maps

Seriously, is this the extent of your intellectual capacity? Anyone who disagrees with you must be a bigot?

I am completely fine with letting them build whatever building they want there. But I dont think the people who disagree with me are bigots. I think they have valid concerns. They have questions about the particular muslims doing it and the political statement they are trying to make.

I hate ignorance. And it's ignorant to think your always right or no one else has valid points simply because you disagree with them or they disagree with you.

I am just tired of the "You're a bigot" as the only response with absolutely no attempt to understand the other position. it's annoying.

I am just tired of the "You're a bigot" as the only response with absolutely no attempt to understand the other position. it's annoying.

Racist actually hung around a fairly long time. When that lost its punch bigot came along. For me, it is utter nonsense and has no effect whatsoever. These things go in cycles. Nazi should be back soon. Perhaps part of the fall collection?

No, not cowardice. Just business as usual. Politicians acting like public opinion poll whores.

Exactly! The GOP sees this issue as a political football. They think they can make gains on the Dems if they stay to the side of the prevailing polls. No doubt though, many people in NY are very indignent over the porposed plans.

On the other hand, Obama spoke contrary to what the polls were saying. I respect that.
Obama also stood against the prevailing polls for the Arizona immigration laws. His standing with the pollsters is not very good presently, as his number say. But at least he is standing on his principles, and not changing with the latest poll.

I dunno why Obama felt he had to speak up about the Ground Zero mosque. T'aint a federal issue. But JimH52, the very next day, he tried to weasle out of the position he took. Obama tried to weasle out of holding BP's feet to the fire for corrupting the Gulf.

He's every bit the public opinion poll whore as any other politician; he's just shitty at it.

No, not cowardice. Just business as usual. Politicians acting like public opinion poll whores.

Exactly! The GOP sees this issue as a political football. They think they can make gains on the Dems if they stay to the side of the prevailing polls. No doubt though, many people in NY are very indignent over the porposed plans.

On the other hand, Obama spoke contrary to what the polls were saying. I respect that.
Obama also stood against the prevailing polls for the Arizona immigration laws. His standing with the pollsters is not very good presently, as his number say. But at least he is standing on his principles, and not changing with the latest poll.

His principles hurt America. Lost American jobs, homes, families and all to further his partiy's position with illegal immigrants as Democratic voters and world standing with people that attack us. Stand up for America Mr. 0bama and walk out of office this morning.

Forum List

Back