GOP backs law limiting marriage

Has Obama flip-flopped on his stance on gay marriage or does he still hold the same homophobic anti-gay view on the subject?

Specifics on the 'law'??

Hell.. I support getting the government out of marriage all together..... only recognize family units for the sake of inheritance, power of attorney in case of emergency and medical decisions, taxation, and things that are actually government related.... No forced acceptance or bullshit like that.... have the churches and beliefs dictate whether you think someone is married or not... people have the right to choose whether they accept someone else's choice or not...

Specifics on the 'law'??

Hell.. I support getting the government out of marriage all together..... only recognize family units for the sake of inheritance, power of attorney in case of emergency and medical decisions, taxation, and things that are actually government related.... No forced acceptance or bullshit like that.... have the churches and beliefs dictate whether you think someone is married or not... people have the right to choose whether they accept someone else's choice or not...

Exactly, if a church or business wants to recognize/not recognize a marriage for whatever reason so be it, not something for government to waste so much time on.

Has Obama flip-flopped on his stance on gay marriage or does he still hold the same homophobic anti-gay view on the subject?

He still likes gays when he knows he can't pass anything to fix it. He still likes to use them for political gain as both sides do.

Specifics on the 'law'??

Exactly, if a church or business wants to recognize/not recognize a marriage for whatever reason so be it, not something for government to waste so much time on.

People have the right to accept and tolerate, just as they have the right to not accept or be bigots or whatever else, when it comes to the choices of others

These far lefties just cannot or will not understand this

Specifics on the 'law'??

So, why are the Republicans wasting their time and our money on this sort of political BS?

Specifics on the 'law'??

So, why are the Republicans wasting their time and our money on this sort of political BS?

Don't ask me why they don't go my route...

But you might want to ask your DEMs why they are wasting time and money and efforts in the legal process trying to legalize gay marriage political BS too

Don't know, ask him.

Nah, I'll wait for him to tell me otherwise, he was clear and outspoken about his homophobic stance towards whether or not gays should be married.

I guess until then, you democrats can keep pretending otherwise.

Don't know, ask him.

Nah, I'll wait for him to tell me otherwise, he was clear and outspoken about his homophobic stance towards whether or not gays should be married.

Keep guessing, clearly you find that much easier than thinking. Posting a red herring as you did suggests several things: you're intolerant and oppose equal rights for all Americans which makes you a bigot, and, you're incapable of offering a reasoned argument in defense of the GOP's intolerance. To characterize all Democrats (which you seem unable to understand the difference between a Democrat and a democrat) as holding the same opinions is absurd.

Don't know, ask him.

Keep guessing, clearly you find that much easier than thinking. Posting a red herring as you did suggests several things: you're intolerant and oppose equal rights for all Americans which makes you a bigot, and, you're incapable of offering a reasoned argument in defense of the GOP's intolerance. To characterize all Democrats (which you seem unable to understand the difference between a Democrat and a democrat) as holding the same opinions is absurd.

A red herring? Are we not talking about politicians and gay marriage?

Fact is Obama doesn't want gays to be able to get married, I do want them to have that right, I'm not sure how you spun that into me being the bigot in this instance when I'm the one pushing for equal rights and your hero is standing in the way of them.

Fact is Obama doesn't want gays to be able to get married, I do want them to have that right, I'm not sure how you spun that into me being the bigot in this instance when I'm the one pushing for equal rights and your hero is standing in the way of them.

Mea Culpa if I'm wrong. Obama is too political to draw a line in the sand. I don't know what he believes since most of what he does/says has become nuanced. His propensity to always seek compromise is annoying, particularly because the right wing hopes he fails and wouldn't agree with him if standing in a downpour he said it was raining.

Injecting Obama into the thread distracted from the real issue, the policy of the GOP to be intolerant - to embrace bogotry. Forgive me for concluding your post was meant to provide cover for what I consider the GOP's total disregard of ethos upon which our nation was founded, to wit:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

The GOP's rejection of the principles upon which are nation declared its independence is reprehensible.

Congress: Clinton Signs Law Backing Heterosexual Marriage
Clinton Signs Law Backing Heterosexual Marriage
by Kim A. Lawton in Washington, D.C.

October 28, 1996

Congress: Clinton Signs Law Backing Heterosexual Marriage - Christianity Today magazine - ChristianityTodayLibrary.com

munky2.gif

Mea Culpa if I'm wrong. Obama is too political to draw a line in the sand. I don't know what he believes since most of what he does/says has become nuanced. His propensity to always seek compromise is annoying, particularly because the right wing hopes he fails and wouldn't agree with him if standing in a downpour he said it was raining.

Injecting Obama into the thread distracted from the real issue, the policy of the GOP to be intolerant - to embrace bogotry. Forgive me for concluding your post was meant to provide cover for what I consider the GOP's total disregard of ethos upon which our nation was founded, to wit:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

The GOP's rejection of the principles upon which are nation declared its independence is reprehensible.

My point is the only thing that's different is rhetoric once in front of a microphone, dems and reps have the same view on gays being allowed to marry for the most part.

Specifics on the 'law'??

Agree. And it makes no sense to expand civil rights protections based on sexual behavior against the fundamentals of free-association in the meantime.

Forum List

Back