GOP Attempting to Get Bob Barr of PA Ballot

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
A Republican Party leader filed court papers Monday aimed at getting Libertarian Party presidential candidate Bob Barr taken off the Pennsylvania ballot.

In a petition filed in Commonwealth Court, Victor Stabile alleged that the Libertarians misled people who signed their ballot petitions because they listed Rochelle Etzel of Clarion County as the presidential candidate even after the national party picked Barr at its convention in May.

Barr is a former GOP congressman from Georgia who some Republicans fear could hurt presumptive GOP nominee John McCain in a close election this year. The Libertarian Party formally substituted Barr's name on the Pennsylvania ballot just last week.

I am SHOCKED ... SHOCKED, I say, at at the GOP for doing this.

Ya heaven forbid we follow the law and all.

Stabile, the Cumberland County GOP chairman and a Harrisburg lawyer, acknowledged that state election laws allow such substitutions as long as they are made within the allotted time, but said he thinks this case "crosses the line."

No law has been broken ... the GOP is trying to manipulate the system.

Mik Robertson, the state Libertarian Party chairman, said the party had to list a stand-in candidate for president when it started gathering signatures in February because there wasn't a nominee at the time.

^ The reason why Barr wasn't listed.

No law has been broken ... the GOP is trying to manipulate the system.

^ The reason why Barr wasn't listed.

And of course the democrats don't do similar stuff, As I recall in their primary they robbed Hillary of 2 States as well as ignored the popular vote in several more with caucus results.

Shall I reference you to a while back when A State elected a Republican Congressman by a small majority, after 2 recounts he was official declared the winner by the State but the Democrats in Congress refused to seat him, sent an "investigative team" to the State and then declared that the Democrat won and seated him instead?

All legal because in the end Congress decides who to seat, elections be damned.

That was , I believe in the 80's. But hey I am sure you would have found no problem with the Democrats ignoring the will of the people right?

And of course the democrats don't do similar stuff, As I recall in their primary they robbed Hillary of 2 States as well as ignored the popular vote in several more with caucus results.

Shall I reference you to a while back when A State elected a Republican Congressman by a small majority, after 2 recounts he was official declared the winner by the State but the Democrats in Congress refused to seat him, sent an "investigative team" to the State and then declared that the Democrat won and seated him instead?

That was , I believe in the 80's. But hey I am sure you would have found no problem with the Democrats ignoring the will of the people right?

Actually I would and do ... two wrongs don't make a right.

So I'm sure you are now going to admit that what the GOP is trying to do in PA is dishonest and ignoring the will of the people, right?

Actually I would and do ... two wrongs don't make a right.

So I'm sure you are now going to admit that what the GOP is trying to do in PA is dishonest and ignoring the will of the people, right?

NO, I won't. A decision, a legal one will be made on the merits of the claim. Which ever side wins will then have the right to act as that decision determines. That is how it WORKS in this country. You do not get to tell others they can not protest or lodge formal complaints. Or are you supporting a dictatorial form of Government?

NO, I won't. A decision, a legal one will be made on the merits of the claim. Which ever side wins will then have the right to act as that decision determines. That is how it WORKS in this country. You do not get to tell others they can not protest or lodge formal complaints. Or are you supporting a dictatorial form of Government?

And I'm entitled to my opinion whether or not the case is settled yet. That is also how this country WORKS.

I'm calling BS on the GOP here ... they are trying to dishonestly get Barr off the ballot.

When they win this battle expect this thread to reappear.

Both Republicans AND Democrats jealously guard their monopoly by screwing with third party candidates trying to get on ballots.

The Republicans are doing it to Barr, now, just as the Dems tied to do it to Nader.

I'm calling BS on the GOP here ... they are trying to dishonestly get Barr off the ballot.

No, they are HONESTLY trying to get Barr off the ballot, by going through the legal procedures required to do so. As was stated, it will be decided by legal means who wins this argument.

Besides, why do third party candidates even bother running? It's a waste of time and money. All it does is potentially screw one of the main candidates from winning a vital state. Remember, Nader's running is what gave us our first four years of Bush.

No, they are HONESTLY trying to get Barr off the ballot, by going through the legal procedures required to do so. As was stated, it will be decided by legal means who wins this argument.

Besides, why do third party candidates even bother running? It's a waste of time and money. All it does is potentially screw one of the main candidates from winning a vital state. Remember, Nader's running is what gave us our first four years of Bush.

Why do you hate Democracy?

Both Republicans AND Democrats jealously guard their monopoly by screwing with third party candidates trying to get on ballots.

The Republicans are doing it to Barr, now, just as the Dems tied to do it to Nader.

Ayup ... it was a shitty thing for the Dems to do just as it's a shitty thing for the Reps to do now.

I can tell you what you are going to say before you even say it. Of course the democrats don't do similar stuff....

No we don't, as a matter of fact. I'll give you two examples. Remember Tom Delay wanted to redraw district lines in the middle of the decade? Usually, that is done every 10 years. Something fishy was going on there. But hey, he is gone and so is Bob Barr. Keep in mind this redrawing district lines is what cost Barr his seat. LOL.

Second example is when Bush tried to fire those 8 US Attorneys because they weren't doing his political bidding. That usually is done at the beginning of a presidents term, not in the middle.

So we knew funny business was going on.

So I hope Barr fucks them up in PA. :eusa_boohoo:

Ummm.... I wouldn't get so het up over the repubs trying to get Bob Barr off the ballot. OF COURSE they're trying to get him off the ballot. That is the first thing that any candidate wants to do to his/her opponent.

And yes, dems do exactly the same thing.

They're all politicians...it's politics. Sheesh!

I can tell you what you are going to say before you even say it. Of course the democrats don't do similar stuff....

No we don't, as a matter of fact. I'll give you two examples. Remember Tom Delay wanted to redraw district lines in the middle of the decade? Usually, that is done every 10 years. Something fishy was going on there. But hey, he is gone and so is Bob Barr. Keep in mind this redrawing district lines is what cost Barr his seat. LOL.

Second example is when Bush tried to fire those 8 US Attorneys because they weren't doing his political bidding. That usually is done at the beginning of a presidents term, not in the middle.

Both parties do this shit, Sealy, it's anti-democracy.

Both parties do this shit, Sealy, it's anti-democracy.

Michigan Democrats tried to put forth a ballot proposal that would reform Michigan's government. It would have shown the rest of the nation that the government doesn't have to be so expensive. Part of the proposal was to cut the pay of all government/state employees, including politicians and judges.

Do you know who ruled that the changes were TOO SWEEPING? The judges.

Now that's un democratic. Let the people decide. LOL.

And no judge could claim to be impartial on the subject. Whoever the judge was should have recused themselves from the case because of the conflict of interest.

Shucks, that's a shame. I like third party candidates, there should be more and they should poll more. Otherwise it's gonna keep being a choice of which wing of the Business Party to support.

Those 8 attorneys had already served their 4 years numb nuts, he was free to fire them and appoint new people. Remind me again how ANY legal case got changed by replacing them, come on can not be hard, what with all you retards claiming it, provide evidence.

Further the Dems do EXACTLY the same thing every tie Nader is on the ballot. But you pretend other wise.

Michigan Democrats tried to put forth a ballot proposal that would reform Michigan's government. It would have shown the rest of the nation that the government doesn't have to be so expensive. Part of the proposal was to cut the pay of all government/state employees, including politicians and judges.

Do you know who ruled that the changes were TOO SWEEPING? The judges.

Now that's un democratic. Let the people decide. LOL.

And no judge could claim to be impartial on the subject. Whoever the judge was should have recused themselves from the case because of the conflict of interest.

You mean the Liberal judges appointed by democrats refused on political grounds?

Forum List

Back