GOP about to be blindsided with Obama's brilliant re-election strategy

It's my contention that he's a bad president, a poor leader and was also extremely naive when it came to trusting the Republicans who said they would work with hm, for the good of the country, early in his term. They lied their @sses off, wasted everyone's time during a period of crisis and then laughed all the way back to their offices.

I agree with most of this, but in reality republicans haven't gotten in Obama's way too much.

Remember the last budget "crisis"? People made it seem like both sides were on 2 opposite ends of the spectrum when in reality all democrats had to do was lower the budget by 1% and the republicans signed on.

Nah. They've done nothing but obstruct everything they could, in every way possible. They've outright lied about making an attempt to work together in the country's best interests and been publicly busted for it.

It's not like the Dems don't do the same thing. Like is says in my book (see my avatar - it's availble on Amazon now, btw!)

Congressman: Someone whose job is to make sure to do things that will help our country - only as long as their party gets credit for it.

Obstructing what is obviously bad policy isn't a bad thing. The Republicans have done that extensively. As for Obama working with the other side? If you'll recall Barack Obama telling Eric Cantor in that 2009 White House meeting that "elections have consequences...I won" that wasn't Obama working together with Republicans in early 2009...that was Barack Obama telling Republicans that he had super majorities and they could go sit in the hall and shut up. He COULD have worked with Republicans back then but since he was seeking Obamacare, Cap & Trade, the first stimulus and Card Check legislation there wasn't much of anything that Republicans wanted in what he proposed. It was the Nancy and Harry Show back then, Independent...and neither of them were taking any Republican input at all. They wrote Obamacare and the stimulus behind locked doors excluding the opposition and then complained that the Republicans wouldn't sign on to what was eventually passed.

I agree with most of this, but in reality republicans haven't gotten in Obama's way too much.

Remember the last budget "crisis"? People made it seem like both sides were on 2 opposite ends of the spectrum when in reality all democrats had to do was lower the budget by 1% and the republicans signed on.

Nah. They've done nothing but obstruct everything they could, in every way possible. They've outright lied about making an attempt to work together in the country's best interests and been publicly busted for it.

It's not like the Dems don't do the same thing. Like is says in my book (see my avatar - it's availble on Amazon now, btw!)

Congressman: Someone whose job is to make sure to do things that will help our country - only as long as their party gets credit for it.

Agree to disagree, I see the 2 sides agreeing on a lot more than they disagree on.

Sure they nitpick on tiny little things but in principle they all agree with the following things/concepts.

Warmongering, spending what we don't have, all the huge departments, giving breaks to corporations and markets that buy them off on the campaign trail, taxes, trade, Drug War, budgets, and on and on and on.

Hmmm. Yes, gentlemen can agree to disagree whereas whackjobs go off the handle when someone dares to contradict what their thoughtmasters have told them.

I will provide one example though. When Obama first started working on his Health Care plan, he said he wouldn't do anything without having the Republicans involved. He invited them in and asked who they would like to have participate. Three guys were selected.
So for four months, Dems cut and changed their original idea, based on the orders of Obama to take the input of the Republicans seriously. When they put together their draft, the GOP Three held it for weeks. They claimed it was unacceptable. Then well, Oops. One of them was asked what he found so bad about it. His reply? "I haven't read it. It doesn't matter what they put in it, I won't read it. We're not here to work with the Dems, we're here to kill anything they come up with." So they lied about making any attempt to work with the Dems "for the good of the country". They made Obama look like a fool. Well darn. It happens on both sides but that one was pretty blatent. If they had just said "Nope. We like things the way they are so we're not going to waste millions of bucks and months of time discussing it. The idea is bad and we simply won't consider it." That would have been honest. I would have been fine with that! A LOT of people think HC in America is fine. But all the bullsh1t about working with them Dems? Why bother?
ObamaCare sucks btw. Horrible.

So like I said, on both sides, their job is to make sure nothing gets better unless their party gets credit for it. The GOP done other similar things too. Anyone stating the GOP is always right and has never done anything that put Party Before Country, is as much of an ignorant whackjob as those who would say the same thing about Dems. Both sides put Party Before Country all the time and there are plenty of kool-aid drinkers will always claim it is always "the other side's fault!".

So it's your contention that he isn't partisan, but easily duped or stupid.

That's much worse imo.

It's my contention that he's a bad president, a poor leader and was also extremely naive when it came to trusting the Republicans who said they would work with hm, for the good of the country, early in his term. They lied their @sses off, wasted everyone's time during a period of crisis and then laughed all the way back to their offices.

Show one piece of obama's agenda that is workable and good for the country? When you can do that we can talk, until then you're trying to sale the same old worn out bullshit. And to say he's naive is totally bullshit.

Sure I've got one of his policies that I personally think was good for the country. Go ahead and tell me this was a bad one.

"We will bring back the priority of finding and capturing or killing Osama bin Laden. We will not stop until we accomplish this. And if we find him in a country that is our ally and they won't help us to get him, we will go in and get him anyway."

But hey. You're uh "objective". Would you like me to tell you your opinion on virtually any political issue? :lol:

Show one piece of obama's agenda that is workable and good for the country? When you can do that we can talk, until then you're trying to sale the same old worn out bullshit. And to say he's naive is totally bullshit.

Sure I've got one of his policies that I personally think was good for the country. Go ahead and tell me this was a bad one.

"We will bring back the priority of finding and capturing or killing Osama bin Laden. We will not stop until we accomplish this. And if we find him in a country that is our ally and they won't help us to get him, we will go in and get him anyway."

But hey. You're uh "objective". Would you like me to tell you your opinion on virtually any political issue? :lol:

That was a tactical decision, not a strategic one, policies are strategic.

Obama has finally taken the gloves off.

Thank God.

Yes, he has. He gave this "bipartisan" thing a shot and he kept at it a hell of a lot longer than Progressives wanted him to. Well, he's finally figured out that the Republicans aren't interested in working with him, only in ensuring his failure.

He hasnt tried once with any sincerity. NOT ONCE..................

Oh he wasn't sincere enough for you? What more would you like him to have done...grease himself up for the screwing from the GnOP?

From the "get go" the GnOP has said their only goal was to ensure his failure and STILL he reached out and tried to compromise with them.

About damn time he stopped.

Yes, he has. He gave this "bipartisan" thing a shot and he kept at it a hell of a lot longer than Progressives wanted him to. Well, he's finally figured out that the Republicans aren't interested in working with him, only in ensuring his failure.

Actually, you're completely wrong about that. He tried right away, for a long period of time, and then found out the GOP played him all along. Well oops.

Elections have consequences and I won???? -- Obama

Republicans can't drive the bus?? -- Obama

Are you complete out of your fucking mind?? -- Me

Oh he wasn't sincere enough for you? What more would you like him to have done...grease himself up for the screwing from the GnOP?

From the "get go" the GnOP has said their only goal was to ensure his failure and STILL he reached out and tried to compromise with them.

About damn time he stopped.

Obama has been running wild right out of the gate. Pity it took him so long to realize what a fool he's been.

Okay. So you can't come up with any reasons that an Independent like myself should vote for Obama. At least nothing based on merit. So you're saying that instead of earning our votes, he'll win through slick marketing, fast talk and bullsh1t.

What the hell, I guess that's possible. It worked for Bush.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that I trust him and a big part is just gut instinct. Obama is very sincere and I really think he wants to do right by the citizens of this country. If I'm wrong, I'll kiss a pig!! :lol:

Well your trust and gut instinct are fine with me but as far as a "brilliant campaign strategy" goes, I think obama will need more than that.

We'll just have to wait and see.

BWAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAA !! Listen to the crybabies on the left bitch and moan!! and there pathetic attempts to lay trillions in overspending ,Obama care ,High fuel costs economic busting regulations all of which they have implemented at the feet of the GOP is ridiculous !!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: IT"S EVERYBODY ELSE"S FAULT !!typical left wing victim mentality !!:doubt:

Nobody is bitching and moaning. Or anything else you have said. Why don't you pay attention to what's going on in the real world and not your head???

Okay. So you can't come up with any reasons that an Independent like myself should vote for Obama. At least nothing based on merit. So you're saying that instead of earning our votes, he'll win through slick marketing, fast talk and bullsh1t.

What the hell, I guess that's possible. It worked for Bush.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that I trust him and a big part is just gut instinct. Obama is very sincere and I really think he wants to do right by the citizens of this country. If I'm wrong, I'll kiss a pig!! :lol:

I heard plenty of similar sentiments in 2008. How did things work out?

Just fine, as far as I'm concerned. With the mess he inherited, I think Obama has done well. You teabag heads don't like to hear that, but that's tough. And so typical. Just forget the things Reagan and Bush did that contributed to our problems and don't even mention it. Only mention what Obama has done. Pathetic.

GUYS

I think for once rdean is right. The bridges is Obama's ace in the hole...i mean just LOOK at some of the bridges across the country...they are in DESPERATE need of Obama and his miracle wand of serious business!

LOOK at these unsafe monstrosities:

3022.jpg

bridge0js.jpg

house-with-a-bridge.jpg

bus_crumbling_bridge.jpg

unsafe-bridge1.jpg

hc3b8st-09-045.jpg

Last edited:
All the idiots are out today!! No knowledge, no intelligence, and no comprehension skills. That is now the majority of conservaties on this board. And when I say, "conservatives", I am being polite.

Gotta go. Maybe I can find some brains on another thread.

All the idiots are out today!! No knowledge, no intelligence, and no comprehension skills. That is now the majority of conservaties on this board. And when I say, "conservatives", I am being polite.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKK8mAkiUI]Wizard of Oz-- If I Only Had A Brain - YouTube[/ame]
Wizard of Oz-- If I Only Had A Brain

Just remember to follow the Yellow Brick Road Sparky, and you will come out okay. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKK8mAkiUI]Wizard of Oz-- If I Only Had A Brain - YouTube[/ame]
Wizard of Oz-- If I Only Had A Brain

Just remember to follow the Yellow Brick Road Sparky, and you will come out okay. ;)

I vote Rinata for president of the scarecrow club:clap2:

I heard plenty of similar sentiments in 2008. How did things work out?

Just fine, as far as I'm concerned. With the mess he inherited, I think Obama has done well.

Obviously I disagree, but besides that he hasn't lived up to his own expectations. His 2009 Budget assumed an average unemployment rate of 8.1% and declined from there.

You teabag heads don't like to hear that, but that's tough. And so typical. Just forget the things Reagan and Bush did that contributed to our problems and don't even mention it. Only mention what Obama has done. Pathetic.

That's where you get nutty. "Teabag head?" Since when have I ever said I'm part of the Tea Party? (never)

I also don't buy the "he inherited it" apologist line. I didn't under Bush, nor Clinton, nor Reagan. Obama knew what he was getting into, promised results, and failed to deliver.

Forum List

Back