GOP 90% white - targeting minorities in voter suppression scheme- 1982 all over again

Ending voter suppression

In November 2008, the Republican National Committee unsuccessfully attempted to exit a 1982 consent decree with the Democratic National Committee in which they’d agreed to stop targeting minority voters, voter caging and voter suppression. That ’82 agreement was reached after the DNC sued the RNC for allegedly targeting 45,000 New Jersey voters in low-income and minority areas. A 1986 memo from then-Midwest RNC political director Kris Wolf to the Southern RNC political director that read, “I would guess this program will eliminate at least 60,000 to 80,000 folks from the rolls. … If it’s a close race … this could keep the black vote down considerably,” resulted in a second consent agreement.

It's not like they haven't done it before. Republicans were dirty all they way back then.

Registering the poor “to vote is like handing out burglary tools to criminals.”
-Conservative columnist Matthew Vadum

“I don’t want everybody to vote.”
-Heritage Foundation co-founder Paul Weyrich

In Florida voters had previously been permitted two weeks of early voting prior to the election; lawmakers rolled that back to eight days. Ohio lawmakers went even further, reducing the state’s early voting period from 35 days to just 11. Ari Berman also notes in Rolling Stone that “both states banned voting on the Sunday before the election—a day when black churches historically mobilize their constituents

Other states have successfully rolled back their early voting periods as well. Georgia reduced early voting from 45 to 21 days, Wisconsin shortened their period by 16 days, West Virginia by five days, and Tennessee by two.

Voter Suppression 101

Detzner’s first target: 182,000 Floridians who are registered to vote but don’t have a driver’s license and are therefore assumed to be non-citizens. (and nearly every one a minority with two thirds of the targets in Democratic precincts.)

Press: Suppressing the vote, again - Milford, MA - The Milford Daily News

Can you believe Republicans have the nerve and the gall to insist they just want a "fair" election. And they did the same thing in 1982.

Is it any wonder their party is 90% white? They want to determine the electorate that runs the country, regardless of the ethnic make up of the country. They will start massive demonstrations following this course of action.

Translation: "We're getting our asses kicked in every election, let's play the race card."

90% white?

rdean you are posting over so many boards and you haven't learned your lesson yet. Look what shade are we little man?

If I'm Scot what colour white am I? If I'm Persian what colour white am I? If I'm a Newfie what colour white am I?

Republicans are 90% white. You can't prove different.
...and you can't prove the 90% either.

You are a dimwitted twit, basking in the anonymity of the internet. You could not hold your own in a face to face discussion over a beer if your life depended on it.

Of course you can. The data from Gallup and PEW Research has been linked to many times. Why would you think it would be less. Republicans hate minorities and gays and Muslims and all kinds of people not like them. It's not something a rational person can deny. They are pretty bold in their hate.

Where were the flag waving repubs when a WWII Vet was told he wasnt a citizen?

See they claim they love America and the Constitution and blah blah but when they are shown evidence that their party engages in this voter purge nonsense every couple of years they cover their eyes.

I will never understand. Banning a Soda....SLIPPERY SLOPE! Throwing citizens off of voter rolls...That's no problem. :confused:

Ending voter suppression

In November 2008, the Republican National Committee unsuccessfully attempted to exit a 1982 consent decree with the Democratic National Committee in which they’d agreed to stop targeting minority voters, voter caging and voter suppression. That ’82 agreement was reached after the DNC sued the RNC for allegedly targeting 45,000 New Jersey voters in low-income and minority areas. A 1986 memo from then-Midwest RNC political director Kris Wolf to the Southern RNC political director that read, “I would guess this program will eliminate at least 60,000 to 80,000 folks from the rolls. … If it’s a close race … this could keep the black vote down considerably,” resulted in a second consent agreement.

It's not like they haven't done it before. Republicans were dirty all they way back then.

In Florida voters had previously been permitted two weeks of early voting prior to the election; lawmakers rolled that back to eight days. Ohio lawmakers went even further, reducing the state’s early voting period from 35 days to just 11. Ari Berman also notes in Rolling Stone that “both states banned voting on the Sunday before the election—a day when black churches historically mobilize their constituents

Other states have successfully rolled back their early voting periods as well. Georgia reduced early voting from 45 to 21 days, Wisconsin shortened their period by 16 days, West Virginia by five days, and Tennessee by two.

Voter Suppression 101

Detzner’s first target: 182,000 Floridians who are registered to vote but don’t have a driver’s license and are therefore assumed to be non-citizens. (and nearly every one a minority with two thirds of the targets in Democratic precincts.)

Can you believe Republicans have the nerve and the gall to insist they just want a "fair" election. And they did the same thing in 1982.

Is it any wonder their party is 90% white? They want to determine the electorate that runs the country, regardless of the ethnic make up of the country. They will start massive demonstrations following this course of action.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to neg you today.

OK I'm finally going to cave.

What is the monkey trying to touch?

A liberal brain. Have yet to find anything larger than a walnut.

The GOP is just incompetent all around.

Competent enough to kick ass in Wisconsin

Well, a state that really doesn't have much in national politics.

The GOP is only in it for the money, not politics. When they sponsor someone, it's an investment and it has always has been. (Tax breaks, etc). It's aimed to put more $$$ in their pockets in the end.

The GOP is just incompetent all around.

The GOP is only in it for the money, not politics. When they sponsor someone, it's an investment and it has always has been. (Tax breaks, etc). It's aimed to put more $$$ in their pockets in the end.

PROJECTION!!!!!!! How do you think hypocrats get business to support them. In Memphrica we had a mayor give tax breaks out the ass to Fred Smith and he was black (ie democrat). It happens everwhere dipstick. Yeah liberals make almost ALL of their money off the government, but hey, they're not in it for the money (wow how naive)

Ending voter suppression

Voter Suppression 101

You always neg people for telling the truth. It must really hurt. If it wasn't true, you could come up with proof supporting your position. But we both know you are nothing more than a boil that will one day be lanced.

lens6477831_1250430186boil-lancing_1.jpg

PROJECTION!!!!!!! How do you think hypocrats get business to support them. In Memphrica we had a mayor give tax breaks out the ass to Fred Smith and he was black (ie democrat). It happens everwhere dipstick. Yeah liberals make almost ALL of their money off the government, but hey, they're not in it for the money (wow how naive)

And yet, the wealthiest states are mostly Blue and the most "conservative" states are the poorest. How decidedly "odd".

Ending voter suppression

Voter Suppression 101

You always neg people for telling the truth. It must really hurt. If it wasn't true, you could come up with proof supporting your position. But we both know you are nothing more than a boil that will one day be lanced.

lens6477831_1250430186boil-lancing_1.jpg

You're the only one I neg regularly so I dunno where you come up with that. And as I stated you get negged cause you're a dick. Half the time I don't even read your garbage so I would have no way to know if it contained any truth or not. Now stop crying and put your binkey back in.

And yet, the wealthiest states are mostly Blue and the most "conservative" states are the poorest. How decidedly "odd".

Hmmmm, how odd that the bluest states have the most debt....INTEResting. Of course large population areas will be richer, more average people to rip off for the government. It's not really that hard.

Anyone who makes money should be purged, regardless of sides.

Hmmmm, how odd that the bluest states have the most debt....INTEResting. Of course large population areas will be richer, more average people to rip off for the government. It's not really that hard.

And how many blue States have the BEST Welfare handouts, giving their poor an edge over poor in States that "aren't as GENEROUS with OTHER people's money"?

Forum List

Back