GOP 90% white - targeting minorities in voter suppression scheme- 1982 all over again

R

rdean

Ending voter suppression

In November 2008, the Republican National Committee unsuccessfully attempted to exit a 1982 consent decree with the Democratic National Committee in which they’d agreed to stop targeting minority voters, voter caging and voter suppression. That ’82 agreement was reached after the DNC sued the RNC for allegedly targeting 45,000 New Jersey voters in low-income and minority areas. A 1986 memo from then-Midwest RNC political director Kris Wolf to the Southern RNC political director that read, “I would guess this program will eliminate at least 60,000 to 80,000 folks from the rolls. … If it’s a close race … this could keep the black vote down considerably,” resulted in a second consent agreement.

It's not like they haven't done it before. Republicans were dirty all they way back then.

Registering the poor “to vote is like handing out burglary tools to criminals.”
-Conservative columnist Matthew Vadum

“I don’t want everybody to vote.”
-Heritage Foundation co-founder Paul Weyrich

In Florida voters had previously been permitted two weeks of early voting prior to the election; lawmakers rolled that back to eight days. Ohio lawmakers went even further, reducing the state’s early voting period from 35 days to just 11. Ari Berman also notes in Rolling Stone that “both states banned voting on the Sunday before the election—a day when black churches historically mobilize their constituents

Other states have successfully rolled back their early voting periods as well. Georgia reduced early voting from 45 to 21 days, Wisconsin shortened their period by 16 days, West Virginia by five days, and Tennessee by two.

Voter Suppression 101

Detzner’s first target: 182,000 Floridians who are registered to vote but don’t have a driver’s license and are therefore assumed to be non-citizens. (and nearly every one a minority with two thirds of the targets in Democratic precincts.)

Press: Suppressing the vote, again - Milford, MA - The Milford Daily News

Can you believe Republicans have the nerve and the gall to insist they just want a "fair" election. And they did the same thing in 1982.

Is it any wonder their party is 90% white? They want to determine the electorate that runs the country, regardless of the ethnic make up of the country. They will start massive demonstrations following this course of action.

The Non-living and non-citizens are the most dependable voting blocs in the Democrat base

90% white?

rdean you are posting over so many boards and you haven't learned your lesson yet. Look what shade are we little man?

If I'm Scot what colour white am I? If I'm Persian what colour white am I? If I'm a Newfie what colour white am I?

Ending voter suppression

In November 2008, the Republican National Committee unsuccessfully attempted to exit a 1982 consent decree with the Democratic National Committee in which they’d agreed to stop targeting minority voters, voter caging and voter suppression. That ’82 agreement was reached after the DNC sued the RNC for allegedly targeting 45,000 New Jersey voters in low-income and minority areas. A 1986 memo from then-Midwest RNC political director Kris Wolf to the Southern RNC political director that read, “I would guess this program will eliminate at least 60,000 to 80,000 folks from the rolls. … If it’s a close race … this could keep the black vote down considerably,” resulted in a second consent agreement.

It's not like they haven't done it before. Republicans were dirty all they way back then.

In Florida voters had previously been permitted two weeks of early voting prior to the election; lawmakers rolled that back to eight days. Ohio lawmakers went even further, reducing the state’s early voting period from 35 days to just 11. Ari Berman also notes in Rolling Stone that “both states banned voting on the Sunday before the election—a day when black churches historically mobilize their constituents.”

Other states have successfully rolled back their early voting periods as well. Georgia reduced early voting from 45 to 21 days, Wisconsin shortened their period by 16 days, West Virginia by five days, and Tennessee by two.

Voter Suppression 101

Detzner’s first target: 182,000 Floridians who are registered to vote but don’t have a driver’s license and are therefore assumed to be non-citizens. (and nearly every one a minority with two thirds of the targets in Democratic precincts.)

Can you believe Republicans have the nerve and the gall to insist they just want a "fair" election. And they did the same thing in 1982.

Is it any wonder their party is 90% white? They want to determine the electorate that runs the country, regardless of the ethnic make up of the country. They will start massive demonstrations following this course of action.

O Jesus! Now you? Are you going to start linking to that story 6 times a day too?

ETA:
When I lived in Florida, most times I went in for early voting I was the only person in the place. I found the 2 weeks alloted for early voting a huge waste of time and money. Certainly, everyone that wants to vote early can find an hour on one of 8 days.

Last edited:
No worries rdean...it's not about voter suppression, it's about who has the most Benjamins.

Ending voter suppression

In Florida voters had previously been permitted two weeks of early voting prior to the election; lawmakers rolled that back to eight days. Ohio lawmakers went even further, reducing the state’s early voting period from 35 days to just 11. Ari Berman also notes in Rolling Stone that “both states banned voting on the Sunday before the election—a day when black churches historically mobilize their constituents

Voter Suppression 101

O Jesus! Now you? Are you going to start linking to that story 6 times a day too?

I love you more than my luggage. Keep going at him!!:lol:

90% white?

rdean you are posting over so many boards and you haven't learned your lesson yet. Look what shade are we little man?

If I'm Scot what colour white am I? If I'm Persian what colour white am I? If I'm a Newfie what colour white am I?

Republicans are 90% white. You can't prove different.

Are the lefties ever going to accept the fact Wisconsin has rejected them?

Have you seen other boards? I've been having a blast checking out left wing boards and watching the full scale meltdowns.

It's hilarious. Honest to the good lord they are absolutely sobbing out there.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back