GOP: 90% White and mostly Christian

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sc3Xx64WGE]YouTube - Astrud Gilberto - One Note Samba[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-vlX8uRLMQ]YouTube - Stan Getz & Charlie Byrd - One Note Samba[/ame]

I guess I really struck a nerve with Frank.

It's OK Frank. No one is disputing your right to belong to an exclusionary, right wing, confederate political party.

I don't understand why this makes some people angry when I point out these truths about the Republican Party.

There is NOTHING wrong with a political party being 90% white and mostly Christian.

Some studies say the party could be as little as 89% white. Not a lot of difference.

This is why the Republican Party is the most powerful in the US, because they are a block. The vote as a block. They see their interests as the same.

It's not about who you are, but what you do.

The criticism hasn't been about the party being white, but about the party voting against the interests of the "middle class". The perception that the party works for the interests of corporations over the interests of the average American Citizen.

People do not always report their party affiliations accurately to pollsters, and they do not always vote in line with their party. Is Nikki Haley white? Is Bobby Jindal white?

WTF is your point, rdean? Are you implying every Jew or Muslim in America is a Democrat?

Get over yourself. People vote as they believe, not by their race or religion.

Jews? Not so sure. Muslims? Do you really think that after the last couple of months, there is a single one left in the Republican Party? Seriously?

I know for a fact that there are. I'm related to one. :eek: Yep, a Muslim in my family - and, holy shit, he's black.

You're obsessed with your own world view.... which, FYI, is racist. Just so you know.

What's wrong with being white and nerdy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw]YouTube - "Weird Al" Yankovic - White & Nerdy[/ame]

People do not always report their party affiliations accurately to pollsters, and they do not always vote in line with their party. Is Nikki Haley white? Is Bobby Jindal white?

WTF is your point, rdean? Are you implying every Jew or Muslim in America is a Democrat?

Get over yourself. People vote as they believe, not by their race or religion.

Jews? Not so sure. Muslims? Do you really think that after the last couple of months, there is a single one left in the Republican Party? Seriously?

I know for a fact that there are. I'm related to one. :eek: Yep, a Muslim in my family - and, holy shit, he's black.

You're obsessed with your own world view.... which, FYI, is racist. Just so you know.

OK, one.

errr

black and Muslim?

Do Republicans count that as "two"?

OK, one.

errr

black and Muslim?

No, one..... I shall explain this slowly. My cousin-in-law is a black Muslim Republican. Do you count yourself as 'stupid'?

Now, again... you're world view that everyone who is not white votes Democrat.... that is racist. I really should not have to point this shit out to you but clearly you do not recognize racism when you see it. Look in a fucking mirror, little man.

Oddball is 100% correct, rdean. Find another drum to beat, k?

You're wrong Madeline. Haven't you ever heard of Nixon's Southern Strategy? Well, it worked for a few decades but it is destined to fail today. The GOP has a HUGE demographics problem. Party strategists like Mike Murphy have written about it.

For Republicans, the Ice Age Cometh - TIME
By Mike Murphy Monday, Jun. 22, 2009

Demographic Disaster for the GOP

The Republican Party built its power on the white vote, the church-going vote, and the male vote. But each of these groups are shrinking as a share of the electorate, while groups with little taste for the GOP are exploding.

One of the architects of the southern strategy, key Nixon advisor Kevin Phillips, described the GOP’s strategic choice to repudiate black voters and welcome southern whites back in a 1970 New York Times interview (James Boyd, May 17, 1970, “Nixon’s Southern strategy: ‘It’s All in the Charts,’” The New York Times).

“From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don’t need any more than that… but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That’s where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.”

OK, one.

errr

black and Muslim?

No, one..... I shall explain this slowly. My cousin-in-law is a black Muslim Republican. Do you count yourself as 'stupid'?

Now, again... you're world view that everyone who is not white votes Democrat.... that is racist. I really should not have to point this shit out to you but clearly you do not recognize racism when you see it. Look in a fucking mirror, little man.

How do you get "everyone" from "90%"?

You must have studied some kind of confederate "new math".

The criticism hasn't been about the party being white

Really so that is why you feel the need to repeatedly in multiple posts point out that it is mostly White, and what is it you say Confederate?

Please your criticism always has to do with their Race. You think the Vast Majority of Whites are Racists. Anyone who reads your posts can see that.

Nice try though.

OK, one.

errr

black and Muslim?

How do you get "everyone" from "90%"?

You must have studied some kind of confederate "new math".

Kinda like Obama math? Where you can add Millions to an existing broken Health Care system, with out fixing the problems with said system, and somehow still lower costs and not add to the Deficit?

lol

I don't know what pay-off you get from seeing everyone around you as evil racists, rdean. I resent it, but so be it. I cannot alter your reality...you have to allow in a bit of new information to do that.

P.S. I'm a Republican, rdean. Hurts to called a bigot.

Democrats want to help the Middle Class. Republicans can hardly bring themselves to say the words.

Democrats are an unholy alliance of the black/Hispanic underclass and the white/liberal/Jewish super-rich urban elite.

No "middle class" there, sorry.

Republicans are made up of most working-class whites, most middle-class whites and many rich whites.

But did you notice how there was a "middle class" in there?

I don't know what pay-off you get from seeing everyone around you as evil racists, rdean. I resent it, but so be it. I cannot alter your reality...you have to allow in a bit of new information to do that.

P.S. I'm a Republican, rdean. Hurts to called a bigot.

Yet rdean does have a limited point that the Republican party IS IN FACT synonymous with the white race.

This WILL NOT change, contrary to white Republican fantasies that blacks will migrate en masse to the Republican party if they could just break free from the bondage of Democrat welfare.

What needs to happen is for whites to QUIT BEING ASHAMED of their own racial group, grow some balls, and say "Yo, motherfuckers, it appears we ARE all white. And I'm OK with that." Instead of weeping like a bunch of bitches and whimpering that "Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back