GOP 2010 Gameplan

If the Democrats keep not reading the bills they are voting on, we'll have no trouble in picking up seats in 2010.

the goal is not just to win, but to dismantle everything bam bam has done and to begin dismantling all aspects of regulatory fascism

Looks like they are going with the same ideas of the past mixed with a hope that the Dems. fail. No new ideas or better yet,older and more traditional ideas based on people like Robert A. "Mr. Republican" Taft and Barry "Mr. Conservative" Goldwater instead idiots like Lindsay Graham are still speaking for them.

All they have to do is sit back and say nothing, the Dems are handing it to them.

Bullshit! The Dems are doing a fine job. They'd get more done if the lobbyists hadn't already purchased our "blue dog" dems.

Health Care: The Public Plan Option

These Democratic Senators have NOT agreed to support it:
Senator Blanche Lincoln (D-AR)

Senator Tom Carper (D-DE)

Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA)

Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR)

Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL)

Senator Ben Nelson (D-NE)

Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA)

Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND)

Senator Max Baucus (D-MT)

Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)

Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN)

Senator Mark Pryor (D-AR)

Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT)

Don't worry though. We learned from THE HAMMER how to deal with them.

Yeah to Tom Carper of Delaware. I had emailed him a few days ago asking that he vote against the health reform legislation as it stands. I got a response back yesterday as detailed below. I haven't had time yet to read the Call to Action blueprint proposed by Democratic Senator Max Bauctus (see bolded link below).

Thank you for contacting me about health care reform. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter.

Let me begin by stating that I understand your frustrations with our nation's health care system. I have always believed that one of our top priorities should be to make health care coverage more accessible and affordable for all Americans. Unfortunately, however, more than 47 million Americans lack health care coverage today, up from 33 million in 1988. Moreover, countless other Americans are struggling to meet the ever-increasing costs of health care coverage. America can do better, and we clearly cannot continue to ignore this trend.

Health care reform is one of the top priorities for the 111th Congress. As a member of the Senate Finance Committee, which shares jurisdiction over health care reform with the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, I look forward to working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to implement reforms that improve access to quality, affordable healthcare. I strongly believe that the cost of healthcare should not place a burden on individuals, or businesses that want to provide their employees with health insurance.

Last November, the chair of the Finance Committee, Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), released a white paper titled "Call to Action: Health Reform 2009". While the document is not an inclusive list of reform proposals, it is an excellent blueprint for health care reform. I urge you to take a look at the white paper at the following address:

http://finance.senate.gov/healthreform2009/finalwhitepaper.pdf

As you may know, the Finance Committee has held an extraordinary series of hearings and roundtables, where I was able to enter into a dialogue with some of our nation's most qualified experts on health care. The first roundtable discussion was on delivery system reform, the second on expanding coverage, and the final roundtable focused on financing health care reform. These discussions were very helpful, as my colleagues and I heard about what is working with the current system, and what needs to be improved.

At this point, all proposals are being considered - we will continue to listen to all the groups and individuals who will be affected by health care reform and evaluate ways to improve the quality of care in our system while also reducing costs. As you know, we're starting on the process and are beginning the hard work of writing a bipartisan bill that, hopefully, we can report out of committee and send to the full Senate by July 4.

I can certainly understand your concerns with the creation of a government run public plan. Opponents contend that it would unfairly compete with existing insurance companies and could eventually lead to a single-payer system. Moreover, many opponents contend that a public plan could be less efficient than private offerings. On the other hand, proponents of a government run public plan contend that the private insurance market has failed certain segments of our population by denying coverage or making it prohibitively expensive. Moreover, they contend that a public plan would reduce administrative costs and ultimately save money for the system.

With that said, I think we certainly agree on the need to increase preventive efforts, capitalize on the use of health information technology, and utilize comparative effectiveness research to improve patient treatment. I understand your concerns with a public plan option, and I will keep your views in mind as my colleagues and I on the Finance Committee address health care reform. Since so many Americans participate in the employer-provided benefit system currently, I will be sure to carefully consider any proposals that could impact it. Ultimately, health care reform should make coverage more accessible and affordable to all Americans.

No "game plan" is needed, as your pasted blog from Obama cheerleader MSNBC asserts. A good look at this chart by ALL the voters is all that's really necessary.

2093b5h.jpg

No "game plan" is needed, as your pasted blog from Obama cheerleader MSNBC asserts. A good look at this chart by ALL the voters is all that's really necessary.

2093b5h.jpg

2 trillion dollars of debt in one year....its reprehensible. Yet some including Obama are calling for a health care system that by CBO accounting would lead to even further debt....:cuckoo:

2093b5h.jpg

2 trillion dollars of debt in one year....its reprehensible. Yet some including Obama are calling for a health care system that by CBO accounting would lead to even further debt....:cuckoo:
It's important to note on that chart, that the deficit was actually going DOWN every year from 2004 until the Dems assumed majority control of Congress in Jan. of 08. Then, kablooey.

Remember the Clinton campaign mantra in 1992? "It's the economy, stupid?" Well, for 2010 and 2012 it should be, "It's the spending, stupid" and that's for every candidate trying to unseat an incumbent, no matter his/her stripe. THIS is what the folks are pissed off about.

Republicans are seeking to build on public anxiety and drape the weak economy around the necks of President Obama and the Democratic Congress if they hope to make gains in the 2010 congressional elections. Their daily, relentless message leaves little doubt that this is exactly what they intend to do as they hammer at the president’s $787 billion stimulus package (PL 111-5) and the growing national debt.

The GOP also are tying the Democrats’ key legislative initiatives on global warming and energy and health care to the economy, charging that legislation pushed by Obama and his Democratic allies includes huge middle-class tax increases that would cripple the economy at exactly the wrong moment.

Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, who chairs the Senate Republican Conference, said another key component of the GOP strategy is to convince voters that the nation’s economic malaise belongs to Obama, not his predecessor or anyone else. “There’s going to come a time when the president has to be held accountable,”

(HA! PROOF WE ARE STILL DEALING WITH BUSH'S MESS. THIS RIGHTY JUST SAID THERE WILL COME A TIME. NOT, "THE TIME HAS COME", BECAUSE IT HASN'T COME YET)

During an appearance in Michigan Tuesday, Obama addressed some of the critics on his handling of the economy so far.

“I love these folks who helped get us in this mess and then suddenly say, ‘Well, this is Obama’s economy.’ That’s fine. Give it to me,” he said. “My job is to solve problems, not to stand on the sidelines and carp and gripe. So I welcome the job. I want the responsibility.”

He also cited health care overhaul as one means to deal with the economic downturn

“We’re going to have to make the tough choices necessary to bring down deficits. But don’t let folks fool you,” he said. “The best way to start bringing down deficits is to get control of our health care costs, which is why we need reform.”

Democrats, who say stimulus spending is starting to do its job, charge that Republicans will have a hard time convincing people that Obama still isn’t trying to fix Bush’s economic shambles.

“I don’t think the American people will believe Republicans who are trying to pass the buck,” said Rep. Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. The American people are very fair. They understand Obama inherited a mess and is doing everything possible to get us out of this mess.”

GOP decides ‘It’s the economy’ for 2010Â* - CQ Politics- msnbc.com

The Democrats 2010 gameplan, continue to blame Bush...

This has been an interesting discussion representing both sides of the political spectrum. There is only just one thing that the people in this country should consider when electing its leaders- which candidate (party) will do the most to protect our individual freedoms.

Jefferson said the government that governs least governs best. Democrats claim him as a party founder but have turned 180 degrees away from his philosophy of government. There have been some Republicans who have turned their backs on it as well. Therefore, in light of all that is going on now with record deficits, over regulation, hugely expansive government, unconstitutional interference in the private sector, unconstitutional government competition with the private sector, unconstitutional government ownership of stock in private sector companies, and the virtual ignoring of the worldwide War On Terror, in 2010 vote for the candidate that will work to keep you free instead of the one who will piece by piece take your freedom away from you.

Remember, once your freedoms have been taken away from you, you will never see them returned during your lifetime.

2010 Game Plan: Continue to run "lessers" and claim if you don't vote for them, Chancellor Obama's agenda will continue, ten-fold...

I can prophesy this GOP rhetoric now...

New Topics

Forum List

Back