GOP +10 historic Congressional lead? Now it's GOP +12!

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 48% of Likely Voters would vote for their district's Republican congressional candidate, while 36% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent. The survey data was collected on the seven days ending Sunday, September 5, 2010.

This matches the largest advantage ever measured for the Republicans. Three weeks ago, the GOP also held a 12-point lead.
Still, while the margin has varied somewhat from week-to-week, Republicans have been consistently ahead in the Generic Ballot for over a year. During 2010, the GOP edge has never fallen below five points. When Barack Obama first took office as president of the United States, the Democrats enjoyed a seven-point lead on the Generic Ballot.

Generic Congressional Ballot - Rasmussen Reports

This is why you are seeing an INCREASINGLY hysterical tone from liberals n this board and why their attacks on you, me and ANYONE that doesn't worship at the feet of Obama, has become inscreasinly strident, and DESPERATE.

It's funny to watch!

November is coming liberals!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Uh, no. Presumably this title refers to your thread about the GOP lead in the Gallup weekly tracker released on August 30. So instead of jumping from poll to poll to create your narrative of a growing lead, for the sake of intellectual honesty you'd probably want to look at the same poll from week to week, e.g. the Gallup weekly tracker.

And the successor to that last weekly tracker showing the 10+ GOP lead was released today. Looks like it now has the GOP at +0.

2ooa6qptxeszgwxfros9lg.gif

So it seems Gallup's weekly tracker saw a 10-point swing in the Democrats' favor since last week. Watching weekly poll variations sure is fun.

Even the Democrats know they are going to get this a$$es kicked. It's all over for them.

wunpopular0913.jpg

Uh, no. Presumably this title refers to your thread about the GOP lead in the Gallup weekly tracker released on August 30. So instead of jumping from poll to poll to create your narrative of a growing lead, for the sake of intellectual honesty you'd probably want to look at the same poll from week to week, e.g. the Gallup weekly tracker.

And the successor to that last weekly tracker showing the 10+ GOP lead was released today. Looks like it now has the GOP at +0.

So it seems Gallup's weekly tracker saw a 10-point swing in the Democrats' favor since last week. Watching weekly poll variations sure is fun.

Like to know what happened to make it change like that.

Yeah, I don't know what fantasy you are living in, but there is no way, you can push that's true!

Rasmussen +12
CNN +7
ABC +13
Fox +9
USA +6

The spread is +6.7!

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Generic Congressional Vote

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I don't know what fantasy you are living in, but there is no way, you can push that's true!

Fantasy? You're the one that brought up the Gallup weekly tracker--in fact, I linked to your thread in my post. It was a reliable enough poll for you last week but not this week?

Fantasy? You're the one that brought up the Gallup weekly tracker--in fact, I linked to your thread in my post. It was a reliable enough poll for you last week but not this week?

I guess reading isn't one of your talents. The poll in the op is RASMUSSEN!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

PRINCETON, NJ -- Republicans lead by 51% to 41% among registered voters in Gallup weekly tracking of 2010 congressional voting preferences. The 10-percentage-point lead is the GOP's largest so far this year and is its largest in Gallup's history of tracking the midterm generic ballot for Congress.

These results are based on aggregated data from registered voters surveyed Aug. 23-29 as part of Gallup Daily tracking. This marks the fifth week in a row in which Republicans have held an advantage over Democrats -- one that has ranged between 3 and 10 points.
The Republican leads of 6, 7, and 10 points this month are all higher than any previous midterm Republican advantage in Gallup's history of tracking the generic ballot, which dates to 1942. Prior to this year, the highest such gap was five points, measured in June 2002 and July 1994. Elections in both of these years resulted in significant Republican gains in House seats.

GOP Takes Unprecedented 10-Point Lead on Generic Ballot

Still think you used Rasmussen? Maybe you're memory isn't so good? All Greenbeard was asking is why did you use Gallup last week but not this week? Because the numbers don't paint the picture you want, so you switch reporting sources. Pretty convenient how that works out for you.

Administration seems to be laying the foundation for 'it wasn't that bad...':

At least 70 House seats in play, says Obama's campaign adviser - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

At least 70 House seats in play, says Obama's campaign adviser
By Michael O'Brien - 09/07/10 02:21 PM ET
President Obama's top political guru said Tuesday that he believes 70 House races and 15 Senate races are in play this fall.

White House senior adviser David Plouffe — Obama's 2008 presidential campaign manager — said that a bevy of races were in play, from the national to local level.

"There are a lot of competitive races out there. There's going to be at least 70 House races in play, about 15 competitive Senate races, a couple dozen tough gubernatorial races," he said in a video to supporters of Organizing for America, the president's political arm.

Plouffe painted a picture of a dire electoral landscape in which, if Democrats were to lose the majority of those races, their losses would be massive...

PRINCETON, NJ -- Republicans lead by 51% to 41% among registered voters in Gallup weekly tracking of 2010 congressional voting preferences. The 10-percentage-point lead is the GOP's largest so far this year and is its largest in Gallup's history of tracking the midterm generic ballot for Congress.

These results are based on aggregated data from registered voters surveyed Aug. 23-29 as part of Gallup Daily tracking. This marks the fifth week in a row in which Republicans have held an advantage over Democrats -- one that has ranged between 3 and 10 points.
The Republican leads of 6, 7, and 10 points this month are all higher than any previous midterm Republican advantage in Gallup's history of tracking the generic ballot, which dates to 1942. Prior to this year, the highest such gap was five points, measured in June 2002 and July 1994. Elections in both of these years resulted in significant Republican gains in House seats.

GOP Takes Unprecedented 10-Point Lead on Generic Ballot

Still think you used Rasmussen? Maybe you're memory isn't so good? All Greenbeard was asking is why did you use Gallup last week but not this week? Because the numbers don't paint the picture you want, so you switch reporting sources. Pretty convenient how that works out for you.

Um, YEAH! From the link in the op!

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 48% of Likely Voters would vote for their district's Republican congressional candidate, while 36% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent. The survey data was collected on the seven days ending Sunday, September 5, 2010.

This matches the largest advantage ever measured for the Republicans. Three weeks ago, the GOP also held a 12-point lead.

Still, while the margin has varied somewhat from week-to-week, Republicans have been consistently ahead in the Generic Ballot for over a year. During 2010, the GOP edge has never fallen below five points. When Barack Obama first took office as president of the United States, the Democrats enjoyed a seven-point lead on the Generic Ballot.

Results for this survey are compiled on a full-week basis and crosstabs for full-week results and generic ballot trends are available for Platinum Members only.

Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, notes that “voters are ready to deliver the same message in 2010 that they delivered in 2006 and 2008 as they prepare to vote against the party in power for the third straight election. These results suggest a fundamental rejection of both political parties.”

DUH!

Administration seems to be laying the foundation for 'it wasn't that bad...':

At least 70 House seats in play, says Obama's campaign adviser - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

At least 70 House seats in play, says Obama's campaign adviser
By Michael O'Brien - 09/07/10 02:21 PM ET
President Obama's top political guru said Tuesday that he believes 70 House races and 15 Senate races are in play this fall.

White House senior adviser David Plouffe — Obama's 2008 presidential campaign manager — said that a bevy of races were in play, from the national to local level.

"There are a lot of competitive races out there. There's going to be at least 70 House races in play, about 15 competitive Senate races, a couple dozen tough gubernatorial races," he said in a video to supporters of Organizing for America, the president's political arm.

Plouffe painted a picture of a dire electoral landscape in which, if Democrats were to lose the majority of those races, their losses would be massive...

Someone mentioned that on Rush yesterday and Rush had some incredulity to the idea, but I wouldn't doubt it for a minute liberals would play that.

Lose big and then say "we didn't lose that bad!" Liberals wil try anything.

Including claiming that a Rasmussen poll was actually done by Gallup.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Um, YEAH! From the link in the op!

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 48% of Likely Voters would vote for their district's Republican congressional candidate, while 36% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent. The survey data was collected on the seven days ending Sunday, September 5, 2010.

Results for this survey are compiled on a full-week basis and crosstabs for full-week results and generic ballot trends are available for Platinum Members only.

Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, notes that “voters are ready to deliver the same message in 2010 that they delivered in 2006 and 2008 as they prepare to vote against the party in power for the third straight election. These results suggest a fundamental rejection of both political parties.”

DUH!

Holy crap....Ok, Let's try this....we are aware that your OP IN THIS THREAD is Rasmussen. That's not the question. The question is why did you use Gallup last time, but Rasmussen this time?

Is that what you think we're saying??

I'm being honest when I ask this. Do you have some sort of learning disorder? It's ok if you do, but it would certainly help explain your OCD behavior and completely irrational thought process.

I'm being honest when I ask this. Do you have some sort of learning disorder? It's ok if you do, but it would certainly help explain your OCD behavior and completely irrational thought process.

Oh gee why would I think that, since I posted a RASMUSSEN poll, you libs bring up a Gallup poll, and then claim it's the same thing.

Oh gee why would I think that, since I posted a RASMUSSEN poll, you libs bring up a Gallup poll, and then claim it's the same thing.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, I have all the info I need now about you and your 'situation'. I'm glad that whoever watches over you lets you have 'computer time' every day.

Better start stockin'-UP on those cryin'-towels, "conservatives"!!

:eusa_whistle:

I hate to break it to you but that's off as well!

There is a -3.7 spread and that's just a 3.7 spread FURTHER than the fall of last week! :lol::lol::lol:

Rasmussen -9
Gallup -1
ABC/Was Post -6
Democracy Corps -4
Fox News -2
USA Today/Gallup -10

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

I mean the only ones you guys CAN cite is Gallup, because it's the only poll living in your fantasy land!

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, I have all the info I need now about you and your 'situation'. I'm glad that whoever watches over you lets you have 'computer time' every day.

Translate that and it means, "FINE, Rasmmusen says Democrats are tanking, now shut up!"

Forum List

Back