Goose's new dog

should Goose get a pound puppy or poodle?

• pound puppy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • poodle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Great Goose

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2015
Its come to my attention that i might be getting a dog. The problem is i was set on a poodle because they dont drop hair on the carpet. But now its become important to savea pound dog. I may have to get a puppy so i can train it to sit in a basket in the lift.

if i found a little terrier type at the pound will i be able to keep the apartment clean?

I'll have to bath it and take it to the park and beach. Wow, its going to love the beach!

A dog will lick peanut butter no matter where you smear it.----------------anywhere.

bfebbde0-5bba-11e4-8698-673c364da528_Sub-No-71_Mother-Goose.jpg

Awww just like mummy!

Its come to my attention that i might be getting a dog. The problem is i was set on a poodle because they dont drop hair on the carpet. But now its become important to savea pound dog. I may have to get a puppy so i can train it to sit in a basket in the lift.

if i found a little terrier type at the pound will i be able to keep the apartment clean?

I'll have to bath it and take it to the park and beach. Wow, its going to love the beach!
Poodles have fur not hair so they don't shed.

You will know which one because the dog will choose you. Just something about it as you walk the isles where they are wagging tails, barking, crying, or even huddled over in a corner. Your heart will tell you. Listen closely.

And like I said before..puppies rarely get put down. They are the first to go. AWWW What a cute puppy! And off they go. It's the older ones that are doomed. And black dogs. Doomed.

Chooch came from the pound. He was in with others, but stayed way in the back huddled against the wall. I was being licked and jumped on and all were wanting my attention but Chooch? He just stayed way back and locked eyes with me. He was the one. I went to him, bent down so we were eye level and said "want to go home with me?" and he stepped forward and straight into my open hand. Like..."let's go".

2nh2noh.jpg

I had him only 4 years. It took me almost a year to stop crying when he died.

Gracie was to be taken to the dog pound but MrG got her at the swap meet just prior to them taking her there to dump her off. All her siblings were gone by then and she was the only one left and MrG reached her just in time. I still cry for her. And I took her name here to honor her.

I miss her every day. I think of her every day. I cry for her every day. It will be 3 years in August since I had her put down. (brain tumor. She was beat on the head by the people that owned her).

znapac.jpg

Fuck. Now I am crying again and I already did that this morning when I sat outside on her lounge chair.

You will know which one because the dog will choose you. Just something about it as you walk the isles where they are wagging tails, barking, crying, or even huddled over in a corner. Your heart will tell you. Listen closely.

And like I said before..puppies rarely get put down. They are the first to go. AWWW What a cute puppy! And off they go. It's the older ones that are doomed. And black dogs. Doomed.

Chooch came from the pound. He was in with others, but stayed way in the back huddled against the wall. I was being licked and jumped on and all were wanting my attention but Chooch? He just stayed way back and locked eyes with me. He was the one. I went to him, bent down so we were eye level and said "want to go home with me?" and he stepped forward and straight into my open hand. Like..."let's go".

2nh2noh.jpg

We had a black dog. He was awesome, extremely intelligent.

Maybe i can get a small older dog? Im worried about training it for the lift.

If you get the dog please don't limit it to your apartment no matter how small or the breed. Dogs need some range and to be at the very least walked often.

Gracie was to be taken to the dog pound but MrG got her at the swap meet just prior to them taking her there to dump her off. All her siblings were gone by then and she was the only one left and MrG reached her just in time. I still cry for her. And I took her name here to honor her.

I miss her every day. I think of her every day. I cry for her every day. It will be 3 years in August since I had her put down. (brain tumor. She was beat on the head by the people that owned her).

znapac.jpg
Those people must have been rough as guts.

2nh2noh.jpg

We had a black dog. He was awesome, extremely intelligent.

Maybe i can get a small older dog? Im worried about training it for the lift.
Older dogs rock! No worries about training it. Should be easy.

Karma is a blessing too. She is the one that helped me get up when I fell in the back yard. Yellow lab. Gentle, smart, sturdy, strong.

znapac.jpg
Those people must have been rough as guts.
We thought she had epilepsy. Australian Shepards are partial to that. But it turned out to be a brain tumor. I know she got beat on the head because when MrG brough her home, she skittered away whenever I tried to pet her on the head. Rest of the body? Fine. Her head? No touchie. And she was so afraid of the broom. Vet and I talked the last time I took Karma in for her pancreas probs and he said she was probably beaten..and it was NOT epilespy because the stuff they gave her as she was seizing did nothing...which meant brain injury. I had her 8 wonderful years.

I have a pal that wanted a dog and he looked and looked for a small one and never could find one (he went to the pound to look). No puppy mills or pet shops...just the pound. Small dogs go fast, too. Its the bigger, black, older ones that get killed because nobody wants them. But he kept trying. Finally..he found a white poodle. He named him Killer, lol. Two peas in a pod, those two. He is an antique dealer and goes everywhere buying stuff. Killer right by his side.

If you get the dog please don't limit it to your apartment no matter how small or the breed. Dogs need some range and to be at the very least walked often.
No it will go everywhere with me. I like walking and it will be my little mate.
Ok cool if you are prepared. I had an apartment friend with a dog and I made her give it away because she was pressed for time and it wasn't right to leave in the apt most of the time.

When I was younger I had a great Norwegian Elkhound that I loved and had to give away because I was moving into an apt. I still miss that dog but I did the right thing for him so he could live the way a dog should.

Forum List

Back