Google’s Chrome Web Browser “Has Become Spy Software”

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
chrome%20vs%20firefox%201.png

I don’t doubt it. Every time I turn around I find another popup trying to get me to switch to Chrome as my primary browser. I’ll stick to Firefox thank you with reluctantly using Edge because it’s the only way I can access Gab.

Google’s Chrome is essentially spy software according to Washington Post tech columnist Geoffrey Fowler, who spent a week analyzing the popular browser and concluded that it “looks a lot like surveillance software.”

A whole lot more @ Prison Planet.com » Google’s Chrome Web Browser “Has Become Spy Software”

Hate to break it to you. All browers are spyware. That how they work. They collect info on your browsing habits to return better results. Try looking up how to murder someone and then go out and do it. No matter what browser you use the proof will be there on their server

Hate to break it to you. All browers are spyware. That how they work. They collect info on your browsing habits to return better results. Try looking up how to murder someone and then go out and do it. No matter what browser you use the proof will be there on their server

I thought you did IT?

I don’t doubt it. Every time I turn around I find another popup trying to get me to switch to Chrome as my primary browser. I’ll stick to Firefox thank you with reluctantly using Edge because it’s the only way I can access Gab.

Google’s Chrome is essentially spy software according to Washington Post tech columnist Geoffrey Fowler, who spent a week analyzing the popular browser and concluded that it “looks a lot like surveillance software.”

A whole lot more @ Prison Planet.com » Google’s Chrome Web Browser “Has Become Spy Software”
Chrome also eats up battery life... opera runs pretty lean

I thought you did IT?
I do. How do you think I know it really doesnt matter?

Hate to break it to you. All browers are spyware.

I wouldn't say the browser is spyware, but they could allow trackers, spyware, and unwanted toolbars instead of blocking it for the website. The same with ads that help make money for their company. Chrome helps Google to keep tabs on you, especially your location, so it is spyware; it even logs you into your Google account automatically if you let it. Apple promotes privacy for its devices, but the company does the same thing to get your private data if you let it. You almost have to run anti-spyware on a daily basis. PC techs get paid to remove all this stuff from your device before troubleshooting your computer.

I would love someone to go to this website and take a snapshot of the results of the test using Firefox.

Panopticlick

Here are my results using Firefox

View attachment 266432

Here's mine:

View attachment 266545

I don't use what it tinks I use. :04:

They get nothing! :funnyface:

Anyways Asclepias, usually browsers connect directly to whatever place on the internet you type in the address bar.
Thats basically what the output from my Chrome browser looks like.

Whatever you type in the browser is simply a URL that translates to an IP address for the computer to send traffic to. This is done via DNS. You have no clue whatsoever what that IP address points to. It could be a VIP that points to 5 different servers in a round robin fashion

I wouldn't say the browser is spyware, but they could allow trackers, spyware, and unwanted toolbars instead of blocking it for the website. The same with ads that help make money for their company. Chrome helps Google to keep tabs on you, especially your location, so it is spyware; it even logs you into your Google account automatically if you let it. Apple promotes privacy for its devices, but the company does the same thing to get your private data if you let it. You almost have to run anti-spyware on a daily basis. PC techs get paid to remove all this stuff from your device before troubleshooting your computer.
In of itself its technically not spyware but it does collect information about you which the makers of the browser can collect. I bet whoever it is that is promoting Firefox doesnt realize Firefox gets paid by Google.

ExpressVPN

I would love someone to go to this website and take a snapshot of the results of the test using Firefox.

Panopticlick

View attachment 266432

Here's mine:

View attachment 266545

Anyways Asclepias, usually browsers connect directly to whatever place on the internet you type in the address bar.

Whatever you type in the browser is simply a URL that translates to an IP address for the computer to send traffic to. This is done via DNS. You have no clue whatsoever what that IP address points to. It could be a VIP that points to 5 different servers in a round robin fashion

You do if you look it up, derp! I'm no stranger to the interwebz, brah. I set my own DNS manually, too.

Hey, can you do the "fingerprint" part for comparison?

In of itself its technically not spyware but it does collect information about you which the makers of the browser can collect. I bet whoever it is that is promoting Firefox doesnt realize Firefox gets paid by Google.

Firefox was OK until 2-a few years ago. The bad thing is that there's no HTML5 version that isn't fucked as far as security goes.

Panopticlick

View attachment 266432

Here's mine:

View attachment 266545

You do if you look it up, derp! I'm no stranger to the interwebz, brah. I set my own DNS manually, too.

Hey, can you do the "fingerprint" part for comparison?

You can look all day long but unless you can access it and find out what it is you have no clue. The only way I know of for sure depends on the admin not changing the default TTL of the device. For example Windows servers have a TTL of 255 if I remember correctly.

What do you mean you set your own DNS manually? Doesnt your internet provider do that for you?

Here are the results from Chrome.

Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 210,923 tested in the past 45 days.

Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that conveys at least 17.69 bits of identifying information.

Opera shits all over Chrome but is no good if you're lazy and want your browser to be your password piggybank.

ICab, though obscure and quirky, seems more benign than the mainstream.

Forum List

Back