Google Traffic Suggests McCain Not Grabbing Voters' Attention

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right: Google Traffic Suggests McCain Not Grabbing Voters' Attention

I don't know how predictive this is, but here's something interesting: the volume of search traffic conducted on Google over the course of the past month.

2996680528_4a27148068_o.png

There's been an uptick of interest in Obama, but McCain's numbers have flatlined. He's not controlling news cycles and there's little evidence that voters are taking a second look.

Of course, you could frame this as voters taking a second look at Obama: we don't know how many of those searches are "Obama god damn america" or "Obama Khalidi". But generally, if you're relying on a scenario wherein the electorate substantially reorients itself within the final 96 hours, you're going to want to see a surge of interest in your candidate.

FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right: Google Traffic Suggests McCain Not Grabbing Voters' Attention

I don't know how predictive this is, but here's something interesting: the volume of search traffic conducted on Google over the course of the past month.

2996680528_4a27148068_o.png

There's been an uptick of interest in Obama, but McCain's numbers have flatlined. He's not controlling news cycles and there's little evidence that voters are taking a second look.

Of course, you could frame this as voters taking a second look at Obama: we don't know how many of those searches are "Obama god damn america" or "Obama Khalidi". But generally, if you're relying on a scenario wherein the electorate substantially reorients itself within the final 96 hours, you're going to want to see a surge of interest in your candidate.

i saw a cloud shaped like a donkey today and then a raven sat on a raspberry vine eating a cherry.

i believe this means bob barr is going to win.

ain't science wonderful?

Google Traffic Suggests McCain Not Grabbing Voters' Attention.

I don't think it means much. I take it to mean that potential Obama supporters are younger, and more tech savy.

And that McCain voters are old, out of touch, and largely grew up in the era of rotary dial phones and the Pony Express mail service.

I don't think it means much. I take it to mean that potential Obama supporters are younger, and more tech savy.

And that McCain voters are old, out of touch, and largely grew up in the era of rotary dial phones and the Pony Express mail service.

You mean back when you had to think and actually know what you were doing and think for yourself instead of googling an answer? I concur.

Age, cunning and treachery will shit all over youth, skill and inexperience EVERY fucking time. Best you not forget that.

Forum List

Back