Google To Index Facebook Comments

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
The Internet’s most popular — and powerful — search engine will soon expand its search index to include user comments on Facebook as part of Google’s traditional search results.

While private users will still be protected, any comments made on Facebook forms on other websites or public pages within the social networking site will be indexed and open for all the world to see.

Google To Index Facebook Comments As Search Results « CBS Los Angeles

Careful out there folks - especially any young people looking for a job.

Facebook is gigantic cache of social dynamite that is going to blow up in many people's faces.

I believe that FB not only captures what you post, it also tracks every keystroke, every page change you make, too.

It's really creepy.

Facebook will haunt many for decades.

It is a good tool for homeland security though. Lets them now all your friends and such.
That is if you think homeland security should exist.

The Internet’s most popular — and powerful — search engine will soon expand its search index to include user comments on Facebook as part of Google’s traditional search results.

While private users will still be protected, any comments made on Facebook forms on other websites or public pages within the social networking site will be indexed and open for all the world to see.

Google To Index Facebook Comments As Search Results « CBS Los Angeles

Careful out there folks - especially any young people looking for a job.

This is why I blow off steam at USMB instead - Nobody ever reads this shit, right?

Facebook is gigantic cache of social dynamite that is going to blow up in many people's faces.

I believe that FB not only captures what you post, it also tracks every keystroke, every page change you make, too.

It's really creepy.

I KNEW that I wasn't just being paran:eusa_shifty:id. It is creepy! :eek:

Not that I thought I ever had any political privacy to begin with but any I might have had pre the internet is now long gone.

But the carful monitoring of not only our political POVs, but ALSO our social lives is more than just creepy, it's ORWELLIAN.

Oh yeah, one more thought...

PLEASE NOTE that its a PRIVATE CORPORATION which is invading our privacy, creating dossiers on us, catloging outr likes and dislikes, our friends families and so forth/

NOte that its a group of PRIVATE OWNERS who are invading our privacies?

But this doesn't bother some of us because it isn't the GOVERNMENT doing it?

Last edited:
Not that I thought I ever had any political privacy to begin with but any I might have had pre the internet is now long gone.

But the carful monitoring of not only our political POVs, but ALSO our social lives is more than just creepy, it's ORWELLIAN.

PLEASE NOTE that its a PRIVATE CORPORATION which is invading our privacy, creating dossiers on us, catloging outr likes and dislikes, our friends families and so forth/

Imagine the Social Security, Medicare and IRS data bases..... Your entire work and wage history and all your medical data after age 65.

Now, thank whatever God you worship that that information is not on the computers of a corporation that can be sold to the highest bidder on the Hong Kong exchange.

There is a role for government in a society bent on reaching for the stars.

I made the same argument when people were freaking over the patriot act. My phone company knows a whole lot about me and I could give a rat's ass if the feds were tracking my internet usage and library card.

Is it unnerving? Sure. But I wouldn't be freaking unless I had something to hide.

My concern is for the young folks (inc. my own children) who think that no one is interested in their boring and sometimes bizarre postings. But someone might, and it will be easier than ever to access it. Not only that - the stuff may be permanent.

Sexy pictures, arguments, gossip, venting about your boss... They have no clue how that can be manipulated.

I've already informed son #1 he might as well give up any aspiration for running for Congress. :lol:

AVG-JOE said:
This is why I blow off steam at USMB instead - Nobody ever reads this shit, right?
The message bases here ARE VISIBLE to the guest group so YES,facebook could be here reading crap.... (The facebook bot)

FB is horrible and its sad so many are brainwashed and think NOTHING IS WRONG with it!

Forum List

Back